• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naito

How do we start a new topic with all this rage?

Simply, let's answer the question :D
I love Mega Mawile and Mega Blaziken! Even though Ampharos is one of my favourite pokemon I have to get used to this megavolution yet.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I would saw MegaMawile just because of DOSE MOUTHS, but MegaAmpharos earned a lot of my respect for pulling the wool over my eyes and becoming a Dragon-type.

(Seriously, if you had told someone back in 2002 that eleven years from then, Ampahros would become part Dragon-type, they would have had you institutionalized.)
If you told someone yesterday that Ampharos would become part Dragon-type, they'd have you institutionalized.

Megamawile looks like a straight up evolution rather than a form change like the others do (although MegaAbsol is on the border), though, which seems kinda strange to me.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Yet it's weird how it seems GF put some effort into Fennekin this time rather than (Hopefully) a fourth fire-fighting.

Lets look at the starter's base stat totals.

1st= Charizard, Typhlosion, Infernape 534. Surprise, surprise, all Fire types. Hang on, aren't the starters supposed to be equal? Clearly not.

4th= Blastoise, Feraligatr, Blaziken, Sceptile 530. Another Fire-type, one of which is allegedly getting a Mega Evolution. Why? GF favours fire.

Anyway at the very bottom, we have:-

Last= Venusaur and Meganium 525. Ah, yes GF wouldn't want Fire-type to be worse than the other starters would they?

To continue their favouritism campaign, GF has decided that their favourite type needs beefing up more by giving Blaziken a Mega Evolution (if this is true). Keep up the good work GameFreak.

Silent Skies

I don't know how I feel about Mega evolutions. Do they only apply to a specific set of pokemon or will they give it to all pokemon? It seems likely to it will only be given to certain pokemon, but I don't want GF to focus on giving it to the pokemon who are already commonly used in game play like Garchomp or Charizard. Those guys already have so much attention even before this. Give it to pokemon people hardly use so that it will encourage players to use other pokemon to see if they would like it like Dunsparce or Grunbull. There are certainly other pokemon that can use that boost so they have a better chance in gameplay.

I already mentioned this before but I have no problems mentioning it again due to how popular this thread is, but I think that if there were more Pokémon that would receive Mega counterparts like this, they would at least be Pokémon that Team Flare uses. If that were the case, then it's best to hope that Team Flare doesn't use Garchomp!

Speaking of my theory, I think Blaziken would be the one Pokémon that Team Flare wouldn't use on their teams but would be available for the player character to capture, similar to how the player could capture N's Pokémon in the wild.

SwellSwellow

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I have played all the generations starting from I until the most recent B&W.
Sure there has been some bad concepts (God Pokemon, Arceus) but I still hung on.
However, this is possibly the worst concept in Pokemon history.

The name "Mega" in front of each Pokemon is so lame. Yeah it sounds Digimonish which is part of the reason but, it is so generic. There is no creativity or originality in the name. Maybe if they called them "DNA Pokemon" or "Cloned Pokemon" I'd be more okay with. Will there be Giga next too?

The designs are awful. I love Ampharos and Absol but they look completely destroyed. I also dislike Lucario's and Blaziken 's deigns as well. There are so many talented artists working for Pokemon/GameFreak/Nintendo and this is what we get? Long hair, large spikes...everything looks completely ridiculous. Mewtwo's I could handle (even though he looked like someone from Dragon Ball Z) it was just one but this is way too much.

Competitive Battling. I can feel that these new Mega forms are going to be running wild there.

I have generally always been supportive of additions and changes including things like Trubbish and Vanilluxe who the majority of the people bashed. However, this Mega thing is so bad I had to say something. I really don't want Pokemon to be ruined by this.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
To those who complain about Mega Evolutions, Think of it like this. They are basically normal evolutions, only with the choice to change it back. ^^

Also, I really wanna know how many there will be. I hope this don't mean there won't be as many Normal New Pokémon this Gen.

@SwellSwellow
Um, then, don't use them? Problem solved~

Sponge

After taking some time to mull all this over. My main concern is this could discourage gamefreak to make evolutions for older pokemon now. Single stage pokemon like mawile or sableye may never get proper permanent evolutions because of this. Which seems a little sad.

On the plus side, this would mean I technically get to use mawile on my team (my favourite steel type) rather than just using it's evolution.

I'm also concerned that the difference in strength between pokemon like mega blaziken and mega mawile will be like the difference in strength between regular blaziken and mawile. Which would make improving mawile pointless since it would still be outclassed. The same goes for other weaker pokemon who may get mega forms. I hope those pokemon aren't overshadowed by already powerful pokemon like lucario getting mega forms.

I'm hoping that pokemon like mawile and far'fetched will benefit more from this than pokemon who are already strong. It would be redundant to give them a boost if already strong pokemon are getting the same sized boost.

Last edited:

Banani

Lorelei's student
Well, right now I really try to get along with those mega forms. At least I have to admit that they all look pretty awesome.
I'd be more all over my head if they come up with a mega form for every Pokémon. I'd be ****ed if Blaziken is the only starter to get a mega evolution. That'd be so random. Too random.
And they shouldn't replace MEGAAAA evolution with the regular evolution of former Gen-Pokémon.
So I hope that something like Dunsparce will have a regular evolution so that its new evolution can get a mega evolution then.
Hmm... but if a Pokémon has a mega form now, does it mean it will never evolve? Like Absol and Mawile...

I am still very very confused and sceptical. It's a huge step they're taking. They are changing something which was completely fine already. Blaziken, Ampharos and Lucario are decent Pokémon. And they could have just given a regular evolution to Mawile and Absol or to any other Pokémon which hasn't got a 3rd stage yet if they felt like doing so. Standalone Pokémon are also just allright.
This whole mega evolution thing feels so forced. Like: "We HAVE to come up with something new. NO MATTER WHAT." But change isn't always good especially if everything's fine as it is. They already came up with so many great new idea and changes that it's almost too much.
But of course, it could all work out just fine. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic...

PokemonOwn

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I have played all the generations starting from I until the most recent B&W.
Sure there has been some bad concepts (God Pokemon, Arceus) but I still hung on.
However, this is possibly the worst concept in Pokemon history.

The name "Mega" in front of each Pokemon is so lame. Yeah it sounds Digimonish which is part of the reason but, it is so generic. There is no creativity or originality in the name. Maybe if they called them "DNA Pokemon" or "Cloned Pokemon" I'd be more okay with. Will there be Giga next too?

The designs are awful. I love Ampharos and Absol but they look completely destroyed. I also dislike Lucario's and Blaziken 's deigns as well. There are so many talented artists working for Pokemon/GameFreak/Nintendo and this is what we get? Long hair, large spikes...everything looks completely ridiculous. Mewtwo's I could handle (even though he looked like someone from Dragon Ball Z) it was just one but this is way too much.

Competitive Battling. I can feel that these new Mega forms are going to be running wild there.

I have generally always been supportive of additions and changes including things like Trubbish and Vanilluxe who the majority of the people bashed. However, this Mega thing is so bad I had to say something. I really don't want Pokemon to be ruined by this.

Not sure if they'd be called "Mega" through translation.

Mega Evolution shows that anything can happen in the Pokemon World. Who knows, maybe Ash will finally become a Pokemon Master! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
EVERYONE LISTEN

How do you think Shiny Forms are going to work? :3
How'd you mean? I'd imagine that there is a shiny version for each MegaEvolution and if, for example, a shiny Blaziken were to change into MegaBlaziken, it would just turn into a shiny MegaBlaziken.

Naito

Status
Not open for further replies.