• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
looking at the official art of megabsol i don't think it can be male anymore. that hair in front of it's face, man...

still, i don't mind, i love it anyways.

we shall be together soon indeed.

JW1004

looking at the official art of megabsol i don't think it can be male anymore. that hair in front of it's face, man...

still, i don't mind, i love it anyways.

we shall be together soon indeed.

Why not, googler Skrillex, and look then at absol again. "long" hair isn't a taboo anymore these days. Male and females do everything with their hair these days!

Ditto24

Whilst I like Mega's, I am disappointed as I think that from now on there wont be any more older Pokémon just getting run of the mill evolutions, which sucks really badly. :(

Sylveon exists so we're still getting 'run of the mill' evolutions.

pokeaussie37

Whilst I like Mega's, I am disappointed as I think that from now on there wont be any more older Pokémon just getting run of the mill evolutions, which sucks really badly. :(

There's no evidence to justify this, so long as we've had Sylveon revealed. If we get to release and there are no evolutions/pre-evolutions of older Pokemon then fine there you go, but as of now there's no real reason for this. At the present time Game Freak are trying to hype the Mega-Evolutions.

jake279

Ice Master
If that trademark list that's circulating is a real indication for which pokemon are gonna gain mega-evo's then I'm kinda disappointed. It seems they just chose all of the pokemon that are already powerful, and the more boring one's at that.

Apart from Charizard, Heracross, Gyarados and Aerodactyl, I'm not overly excited about any of them.

Since Mawile isn't on that list, I'm still hoping that other pokemon will get them and some of the ones on that list will not, like Medicham and Aggron.

Regality

Digital King
Imagine a snorlax mega evolution that turns all the fat into muscle...

Naito

Hey, what about Jigglypuff? That curl on its head and still a chance of being male.

pokeaussie37

Really, one Pokémon? One normal evolution vs 6 mega's? Let me tell you, if there are ever any more normal evolutions ever again I will be very surprised, Pokémon has changed, and not necessarily is the best way :/

Didn't you read my first reply? Game Freak is hyping the Mega-evolutions right now. The focus is deliberately on them, and not on any possible evolutions of past Pokemon.

Ditto24

Really, one Pokémon? One normal evolution vs 6 mega's? Let me tell you, if there are ever any more normal evolutions ever again I will be very surprised, Pokémon has changed, and not necessarily is the best way :/

GF are obviously more excited about pushing Mega Evolution coz it's new. New traditional pre/evolutions that have come generations later has happened in Gen 2,3 and 4 so that isn't new. To create hype for a new game, you show new stuff. It's basic promotion and advertisement.

Regality

Digital King
And most of us still think they have something planned for sableye, whether it be a Mega or an evolution who knows?

thetamale

Whilst mega evolutions seem to be this generation's addition to previous Pokemon, apart from Sylveon used to showcase the new type, that doesn't rule out future gens having them. Even if it does make those getting mega forms look unlikely. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.