• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Quick question: do the Mega Stones for any of the Pokemon they're for, or are there specific Pokemon already set. For example, do the Mega Stones for the Kanto starters only work for the ones Sycamore gives you, or are thy for any Charmander, Squirtle, etc.
(The Kanto is only an example; my question addresses all Mega Stones.)

They work for any iteration of a Kanto starter.

Aqua Ring

Guy Next Door
I'm having this really heavy sinking feeling that we're not gonna be getting a Mega Jynx evolution. We've been seeing all these mega evolutions and still no Mega Jynx.

Somebody on neogaf posted this really touching story and I figured I'd share it here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695623&page=21

I'm on the verge of breaking down in front of random strangers on a video game forum. I feel like crying myself to sleep, and I have an abundant amount of sleeping pills to ease me through the pain. I was always bullied as a child for liking Jynx more than popular Pokémon like Charizard and Blastoise. My classmates would routinely mock me for using such an ugly Pokémon, and the inflammatory remarks still continue online to this day. The vitriol worsened when civil rights advocates began drawing comparisons between Jynx and blackface; she was labeled by many as a mere racial stereotype, when I knew in my heart that Jynx was deserving of a more gracious reputation. Websites like IGN constantly ridicule poor Jynx for being badly designed, most likely because of her controversial roots, or maybe because she wears clothing. Pokémon that aren't based on animals are usually the most criticized within the fandom, and Jynx is certainly no exception.

Jynx, Magmar, and Electabuzz were considered to be a trio in the first generation. All three Pokémon were the only creatures in the original game that had access to the elemental punches, and all three were given baby forms in the following generation. When Electivire was first leaked in early 2006, I knew for sure that Magmar and Jynx would also be given evolutions to finalize the trio once and for all. Boy was I wrong. Poor Jynx got shafted, and her lengthy relationship with Magmar and Electabuzz was over. Maybe they're saving her evolution until a later generation, I hoped.

Although the fifth generation focused entirely on new Pokémon, I was still happy because Jynx was supposedly obtainable in the Giant Chasm, Kyurem's whereabouts. Unfortunately, this mysterious location could only be accessed post-game, but according to the recent leaks, Black and White 2 were going to change that. Finally I could use Jynx without having to defeat the Elite Four... or so I thought. Much to my disgust, Jynx was quite literally the only Pokémon in the entire cave to be removed from Black and White 2 and thereby the retconned Unova dex. At least I still have my battle simulators like Showdown and Pokémon Online. Things aren't looking good.

It's already 2013, and a new Pokémon game has just been announced. After noticing that the leaked trademark list has been accurate up until this very moment, I began to feel hopeful that for the first time in my life, Jynx will finally be getting the respect she deserves. Judging by the recent leaks, it's pretty much a guarantee that Jynx will be getting a Mega Evolution. I will finally be able to silence the haters and reign supreme using my childhood ally... but all fairy tales come to an end eventually. It's now 9:24 PM on Friday, the night before the game is supposed to be released, and Jynx is literally the only Pokémon on the list whose Mega Stone is nowhere to be found. It's as if Game Freak has been trolling me personally for nearly a decade, and I can't handle the stress anymore. For those of you who currently have the game, I beg of you; do whatever it takes to find Jynxnite. Give me some closure, so I can rest easy knowing that when I wake up to buy my copy of the game tomorrow morning, Mega Jynx will be waving her hips and patiently waiting for my arrival.

This just sucks. I wish I didn't like Jynx so much so I wouldn't feel so bummed out right now. I bought Y today and hopefully I'll find it.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Anybody has any pic/info of any new MegaEvolution, please? I found a list of Pokemon that, according to certain guy, they will have a Mega Evolution. Some of them have been confirmed, so I think there's a chance they are real. This is the list:
+ Gen I: Primeape, Mr Mime, Jynx, Snorlax and Dragonite (this one has been "partially" confirmed).
+ Gen II: Meganium (partially confirmed by a picture), Noctowl, Quagsire, Magcargo, Stantler and Entei X/Y.
+ Gen III: Swellow, Torkoal, Crawdaunt, Salamence X/Y and Metagross.
+ Gen IV: Empoleon, Staraptor, Floatzel, Toxicroak, Gliscor and Darkrai X/Y.
+ Gen V: Emboar, Excadrill, Krookdile, Garbodor, Galvantula, Haxorus, Mienshao, Druddigon, Durant and Meloetta X/Y.

So, anyone can confirm a new MegaEvolution.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Anybody has any pic/info of any new MegaEvolution, please? I found a list of Pokemon that, according to certain guy, they will have a Mega Evolution. Some of them have been confirmed, so I think there's a chance they are real. This is the list:
+ Gen I: Primeape, Mr Mime, Jynx, Snorlax and Dragonite (this one has been "partially" confirmed).
+ Gen II: Meganium (partially confirmed by a picture), Noctowl, Quagsire, Magcargo, Stantler and Entei X/Y.
+ Gen V: Emboar, Excadrill, Krookdile, Garbodor, Galvantula, Haxorus, Mienshao, Druddigon, Durant and Meloetta X/Y.

Anybody can come out and say they have all the megas we have yet to find, so I say don't take this as a true statement.

Ver-mont

I'm almost sure we've already seen and debunked that list.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

We have, and it has been debunked.

That reminds me, I keep hearing that Dragonite is "semi-confirmed," why is that actually?

gars129

I understand. My beloved Swampert has always been the forgotten one of the Hoennn starters, at least in the anime and merchandise, whereas Blaziken, and to a lesser extent Sceptile, get all the glory.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

What "debunked" means? That the list is true or false?

We have, and it has been debunked.

That reminds me, I keep hearing that Dragonite is "semi-confirmed," why is that actually?

Because there was posted a picture of a trainer in the "Mega-Evolution's scene" of the game, and the Pokemon in front of him to evolve was a Dragonite.

So I picked the Bulbasaur the beginning.
I got a Charizard through the GTS.
I went to the central city (the one shaped like a pokéball, don't know the English name) in the stones shop, and there was a man who sold me the Charizardite X for 300'000.

Don't know if it's old or what, I'm sorry but I don't want to browse through 586 pages to control.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
so is this it? 69 new Pokemon and 28 mega evoultions? I thought I read somewhere there were 127 different species in the sixth gen? Did I miss something?

And I guess there won't be a new Mew-Celebi-jirachi type legendary this time around either

Ar-Rooh

Mega Absol Trainer
so is this it? 69 new Pokemon and 28 mega evoultions? I thought I read somewhere there were 127 different species in the sixth gen? Did I miss something?

And I guess there won't be a new Mew-Celebi-jirachi type legendary this time around either

Maybe only in-game Mega Evolutions. There could be plenty of event ones like Torchic.

Beeblebrox

There almost certainly will be.

The difference this time is that they can adequately keep any hidden legendaries and/or Megas secret until they want us to know about them.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Because there was posted a picture of a trainer in the "Mega-Evolution's scene" of the game, and the Pokemon in front of him to evolve was a Dragonite.

That was proven fake some time ago.

Sillybeans

Does any1 know where to upgrade the mega ring post game? i cannot find it :(

Blaziken77

This is an important question
So will i be able to find more then one Tyranitar mega stone in my game (X) or only one?
If it is one then they are basically making you buy the other game to get the full experience

Status
Not open for further replies.