• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Cardinals have won too much, Giants win every even year, and the Red Sox are the Red Sox. Don't understand the hate for the Tigers other than the fact that they've won the Central for the past four years.

Anyway, Royals are in the World Series, and I don't like it. But admittedly, that's just me being salty and jealous that it's them and not us. Plus, it's as Joltik-Kid said. It makes the Tigers look bad, since clearly, they only won the division because they dominated the Royals all year. The Royals were a better team this year from top to bottom. Yeah, they don't have an offense, but with that starting line-up and that bullpen, they don't need one. They only need to score like two or three runs per game.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Anyway, Royals are in the World Series, and I don't like it. But admittedly, that's just me being salty and jealous that it's them and not us. Plus, it's as Joltik-Kid said. It makes the Tigers look bad, since clearly, they only won the division because they dominated the Royals all year. The Royals were a better team this year from top to bottom. Yeah, they don't have an offense, but with that starting line-up and that bullpen, they don't need one. They only need to score like two or three runs per game.
I was actually looking beyond that... ever since 2006 we've put out some amazing teams but could never win it all... Royals suck till around 2013, then somehow make the WS in 2014 despite not truly changing the line up by much. If they win the WS after a 29 year drought, then it makes the stretch we've been in look weak as hell.

BCVM22

The Royals were a better team this year from top to bottom.

Well, no, not really. But the funny thing is how little that means when the Tigers can't hold a lead in their playoff games and the Royals play impossible baseball in theirs. You don't have to be the better team or even a good team, you just have to get hot at the most opportune time.

jts2392

Well, as both a forum noob, a huge baseball fan, and an even bigger Braves fan, I am both stunned that the Royals are AL champs (never saw that coming during the ASG 3 months to the day ago) and am rooting for the Cardinals to get back in for another all-Missouri World Series. Even though I hate the Cardinals to death (cough cough 2012 Game 163).

Also, I'm starting to believe that Kolten Wong is becoming the Cardinals' 2014 incarnation of David Freese.

Vernikova

Champion
I never expected the Royals to get to the World Series. I thought that they were a cute story for most of the season.

woot21

super noob
Well, no, not really. But the funny thing is how little that means when the Tigers can't hold a lead in their playoff games and the Royals play impossible baseball in theirs. You don't have to be the better team or even a good team, you just have to get hot at the most opportune time.
Couple adages spring to mind about the Royals' playoff run; "It's better to be lucky than good" since they got hot at the right time, and "Defense wins championships", and they have a really good defense that turns a lot of BIP into outs and good pitching with a great bullpen.

As for your comments about Yost earlier in the thread, since my response gotten eaten in the reset. He may not be great in game, but he's no Dusty Baker or John Russell (he's actually alive during games). Plus he's done a great job getting guys to buy into a philosophy and keep them focused, which is an important part of the job for a Major League manager.

woot21 out dawgs

Joltik-Kid

As a Baseball fan I do want the Royals to win... but as a Tiger fan I can't stand the idea of them winning it all. The regular season basically displayed the Royals cannot maintain this streak forever and they don't score runs as often as they have this Post Season.

Vernikova

Champion
Predicting Giants in 5 with no reasoning to back this claim. woowoo

Vernikova

Champion
Damn, I had some time to tune in to the game, and it was basically over within an inning.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Damn, I had some time to tune in to the game, and it was basically over within an inning.

Yeah, that 5 run inning came out of nowhere. Lol at that little misunderstanding near the end of that inning, though I guess it's understandable and nothing really came out of that afterwards. I'm hoping for a split in the next 2 games at San Francisco, and a Royals win in 7 games overall.

Poke Trainer J

As a Baseball fan I do want the Royals to win... but as a Tiger fan I can't stand the idea of them winning it all. The regular season basically displayed the Royals cannot maintain this streak forever and they don't score runs as often as they have this Post Season.

I understand where you're coming from since the Tigers haven't won a World Series since 1984 while the Royals haven't won another since 1985. The strategy behind the Royals this Post-Season comes from the classic Kansas City Monarchs playbook that focuses on solid defense, great pitching, and the ability to steal as many bases as possible. If the Royals can keep up the rhythm they had against the Athletics and Angels in the Playoffs this season (which they've proven with a 7-2 victory in Game 2 of the World Series against the Giants) then they just need 3 more wins in order to take the World Series which I believe they can.

Having been a Royals fan since childhood this World Series means ALOT to my community and I dating back from when I wore a #5 George Brett jersey in one of my baby pictures to a field trip 20 years ago in the early 90's going to a Royals Convention to get a baseball signed by former Royals Hal McRae and Dennis Leonard which I still have to this very day to another field trip visiting the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in downtown Kansas City honoring the Kansas City Monarchs and Buck O'Neil. The 2014 Royals not only play just like the 1924 Monarchs but they could possibly surpass the 1985 Royals.

Last edited:

Poke Trainer J

How about that, Royals lead World Series 2-1 with Game 4 underway. :)

Vernikova

Champion
I'm lucky that I don't gamble on sports.

PsychicPsycho

Good lord, I'm starting to understand the phrase 'living and dying with every pitch'. I'm getting so stressed out that I almost don't want to watch, but I know I have to.

Ugh, Duffy loads the bases. Stressful stressful stressful!!!

Poke Trainer J

Bumgarner shuts out Royals for 3-2 Giants lead in World Series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Bumgarner shuts out Royals for 3-2 Giants lead in World Series.

He's been on a role this offseason, if the Giants win the series I think he may be the mvp. I do think that this will go 7 games though tbh as the Royals will have home field advantage again for the remainder of the World Series.

Vernikova

Champion
I really don't want this to go seven, but the atmosphere would be amazing and something that shouldn't be missed.

So hard to choose.

Joltik-Kid

So an all or nothing Game 7... How Peavy helped the Red Sox at all last Post Season is a mystery, because he's just garbage. Anyway I'm still on the fence, but whatever happens happens