• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread

BCVM22

currently 7 out 9 all star spots have royals leading amazing we might even get the Royals starting nine in the all star game

MLB would sooner disallow the voting, publicly or privately, than allow that to happen. Not that they'll need to - Mike Trout isn't getting outvoted by the likes of Alex Rios. Nelson Cruz is fewer than 200 votes behind Kendrys Morales, at that.

Your annual reminder that the fans cannot and should be not be allowed more than a nominal say over a game that was wrongly made the hinge on something as important as World Series home field. Let the fans vote on a meaningless exhibition game or make the game mean something, but MLB can't have it both ways, and this year's voting is but one reason why.

Ilikepiex7

MLB would sooner disallow the voting, publicly or privately, than allow that to happen. Not that they'll need to - Mike Trout isn't getting outvoted by the likes of Alex Rios. Nelson Cruz is fewer than 200 votes behind Kendrys Morales, at that.

Your annual reminder that the fans cannot and should be not be allowed more than a nominal say over a game that was wrongly made the hinge on something as important as World Series home field. Let the fans vote on a meaningless exhibition game or make the game mean something, but MLB can't have it both ways, and this year's voting is but one reason why.

you can name pretty much any other outfielder starter or bench player in the American league and he would be more deserving of starting over Rios who is only getting votes because he happens to be on the ballot for the Royals.

Ilikepiex7

Padres fired Bud Black as manager today and we have reached 8 Royals and Mike Trout leading in the AL all star voting. Omar Infante is the leading second base man in the American league despite all of these offensive stats saying he is one of the worst hitters in baseball this year.

Vernikova

Champion
It was a great moment to see A-Rod's 3000th hit. With how well the Yankees are playing, and how tipsy the division is, I feel they have a good chance if they keep this up. Hopefully the Rays slow down.

Ilikepiex7

All star starters were selected only 4 of the Royals made it after having 8 of them leading in their positions earlier in the voting

Vernikova

Champion
I would've considered watching the game if more Royals actually made the starting line-up. Now there's no way I'd watch it, but that's the same as every other year.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I can't wait for it to be one year where all the starting lineup of one team wins the all-star voting. It may not happen anytime soon, but when it does it'll be bloody hilarious.

Should also probably point this out: back in 2011 the Astros had the worst winning % in the league and the Phillies had the best in the league (not making it far in the playoffs). We're on pace this year to have the opposite happen, with the idea that the Astros won't make it far in the playoffs due to their pitching staff having little actual experience.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The trade deadline is approaching and surely Ichiro regrets joining the Marlins. As it stands, the Marlins have the second-worst record in baseball, only the Phillies are worse. I like him and I want him on a contender, even if it's not the Yankees. I think Ichiro would look good in a Pirates uniform, as long as they can remain in contention (they are currently the second-best team in the NL). Or maybe Kansas City would be good for him. He's getting close to retirement and he should have a decent shot at a World Series title. Remember years ago in the NHL longtime Boston Bruins star Ray Borque was traded during his next-to-last season in the league to Colorado to better his chances at winning his first Stanley Cup in the final years of his career - it worked, the very next season, Borque retired a champion. I'd like the same thing for Ichiro, staying in Miami is not doing him any good.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, the Pirates acquiring aramis ramirez sorta botched that Ichiro idea, as having 2 old outfielders would be a pretty bad idea. I'm also thinking that Ichiro can play well into his 40s. He's been pretty reliable for the past 5 years or so, and hasn't missed too many games. He could stay with Miami for now, then potentially sign 1-year deals with contenders until he chooses to retire.

Also, the Astros acquired Scott Kazmir from Oakland. Really don't see them making the playoffs still, as the teams in their division have finally pulled their heads out of their ___ and started to wise up to them.

Vernikova

Champion
I don't know what he was expecting when he decided to go to Miami. Surely he wasn't expecting to be in contention.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
And now the Royals really seem like they want to make it back. Trading for two of the biggest names in the trade talks never would have happened until now. I am worried that they will end up like the A's last year. For now, though, thank you Dayton Moore for choosing now to act.

Vernikova

Champion
It just makes it all the more sweeter when the Royals lose.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Come on. It's always fun to see a team that is almost always at the bottom of the league start to really compete well. It just shows that anyone can win.

Vernikova

Champion
But I don't want to see that almost anyone can win. ):

Ilikepiex7

a lot of interesting trades happened Blue Jays did so many moves but they still need to win a lot of games to over take division leading Yankees.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm disappointed Ichiro didn't pursue a trade to a contender this week. He shouldn't be spending his final years playing for also-rans like Miami.

BCVM22

Ichiro has no contractual ability to "pursue a trade." No one is going to give up anything of any particular value anyway. He's more likely to be traded before the non-waiver deadline if at all.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'm disappointed Ichiro didn't pursue a trade to a contender this week. He shouldn't be spending his final years playing for also-rans like Miami.

That's most veterans at the end of their career, especially in the free agency boom in sports now.