• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythos Fakemon

evo-wooper

Kirby Pwner
I think your drawings are great! They are brilliant. They are of the same, if not better, quality as the drawings in adventure quest (an online game). But I think there are 4 pokemon who also need new evos: dunsparce, corsola, Lapras and Ninjask (maybe even shedinja). I also think that the hydra pokemon should be part ice maybe, so that it is weak to fire, fitting in with mythology. The farfetched evo looks super uber (die fearow!)

Last edited:

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
SamuraiDragon1, Farfetch'd itself is fairly plain looking, so I tried to keep with that theme. To be honest, I'm at a dead end to improve the guy, I can't think of what more I can do spruce it up. Dual-wielding leeks...nah.

evo-wooper, yes, I agree that Corsola definitely needs a helping hand, but I'm at a loss for what I would do to make it an evolution. The thought of a stronger Dunsparce packing Serene Grace and and a STABed Headbutt is quite frightening, but if Togekiss can get away with Serene Grace and a STABed Air Slash, I guess it's fair game!
However, I think Lapras and Ninjask are just fine as they are: Lapras as a solid and versatile, if not terribly exciting Pokémon, and Ninjask as a Baton Passer speed-demon.

On another note, I've added a new Pokémon to the OP: Naljar!

Bonsly12

Ooh. Pretty Islands
i like the Farfettched evo, that little bird needs to let go of the leek and go for something harder... like an tree *BAM!*

To make it a little bit more interesting without being to obviose you could make some noticable claws on longer legs and you could make the pronged end of the leek sharp.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I've added a new Fakemon to the original post: Mawglodon! I hope it's not too generic looking...

Well I liked Sharpedo's 'torpedo' design and an Mawglodon's tail looks a bit extra anyway. Also, I loved Sharpedo's blue colour which is for some reason lavander purple on Mawglodon. But I like the head design!

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I was going to say that you stole some of these from Pokémon Treasures- but then I realized that you were one of the founders. Ahaha.

Some of the pictures do look a bit generic, but you have good ideas.
Keep up the good work.

Nawglodon does look pretty ganeric but I can't think of anything that you could do to make any better than it allredy is.

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
Yeah, maybe I should shorten the body to the more typical great white shark blimp-like shape. I hated leaving behind Sharpedo's old body type (cleverly based on the ocean sunfish/mola mola) but I didn't know how to make him more impressive without elongating the body. I guess the purple isn't very fitting color either, but the alternative that came to mind was just making it dark blue...seems too predictable.

And yep, Atoynt, I did Fakemon for a couple different projects, which led to several of them filtering down to this more recent project.

khots

焉知非福
i don't want to be rude, but ketshi, you've turned a pokemon into an animal. that's very odd thing to do.
my suggestion is, since carvanha is very much different from sharpedo, the evo for sharpedo might take another radical turn.
anyways. i always thought of garchomp being sharpedo's evo. but they decided to make a land-shark.

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
I can't imagine something wildly different for Sharpedo to evolve into that would make sense. A shark is about as big and scary as a fish gets...turning it into a marlin or something would lose a lot of the impact. I thought of maybe making it a hammerhead shark, but it seems too repetitive as Garchomp has already claimed that feature.

What about a Tiger Shark? Or maybe a Baracooda?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Okay, SamuraiDragon1 gave me this idea: Instead of turning it in to a plesiosaur, why not turn it in to a pliosaur? (google/wiki it if you don't know what it looks like)

Since its a reptile, (unlike Carvanha/Sharpedo), it could be the new generation Octillery/Gorebyss/Huntail...

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
Thanks for the suggestions, but I really wanted it to be a megalodon (the exact shape of which will never be known, but by reconstructions is usually depicted similar to a great white shark). I like the name too much to change it to something else, really. Maybe I should just scrap Mawglodon since I am at a dead end and it is not right in either version I've tried.