• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plot Twist

TysonKO

Dont you think the show needs something new, a little fresh maybe...

Any ideas?

What would be the one thing you would change in the show?

I would make many changes but i would mostly like for Ash's pokemon to maybe evolve more and his catch and battle rate is far less than i would like it to be. I mean come on he maybe battles once every episode and catches a pokemon every 10th episode. You can understand why ''Gotta Catch Em All'' was removed. Ha maybe has 50-60 pokemon and like 30 of them are Tauros. I know he is supposed to be the underdog but its starting to get old after 10 seasons of coming from behind to win it all.

What do you guys think out there?

Mime Jr

I would like to see better villains. Team Rocket should stay but there needs to be other villains who are more...well.....evil!
Brock should leave already and there should be better plots for the episodes.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
I don't think that Ash having bigger Pokemon would make the show any better. The writers should take some notes from the guys who worked on Digimon Tamers and just ditch the current characters. The Pokemon universe has so much potential yet they would rather stick to the bare bones, uninspired storyline from the games.

TysonKO

How cool would it bee if their where two different pokemon shows. One for the Ash group and on for Gary Oak and what ever friends he would get traveling.

Mime Jr

I don't think that Ash having bigger Pokemon would make the show any better. The writers should take some notes from the guys who worked on Digimon Tamers and just ditch the current characters. The Pokemon universe has so much potential yet they would rather stick to the bare bones, uninspired storyline from the games.
Oh no, Digimon Tamers is awful. I would rather stick with what we have.

Dax

Legend
If you watched all of Hoenn you can see that Ash's pokemons actually evolve. Evolutions are really not a problem.

The biggest plot twist is for me:

The thing that happened in the Cynthia episode with Paul having a Torterra and knowing his story. That was awesome!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I think having a villain that's a real THREAT in Pokemon, rather than a trio of inept token bad guys stealing cute animals from children.

And also, I don't care what the writers say, Pokemon should be just as capable of evil as humans.

janoth

Northra Writer
I have found that the Pokemon Anime has become somewhat repetive, and that is why I only watch it occasionnaly nowadays.

Rex Kamex

Here's a plot twist- Misty and May and Dawn all love Ash. May's feelings for Drew was all a (failed) trick to get Ash jealous, Misty was about to tell Ash her feelings about him but chickened out at the last minute when she left for Cerulean, and Dawn just never got around to telling him.

And... Ash is Giovanni's father!!!

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure what to have for a plot twist.

I have found that the Pokemon Anime has become somewhat repetive, and that is why I only watch it occasionnaly nowadays.

It's been repetitive from the beginning; it just got away with it in Kanto since it was the original saga.

Okay, maybe that's exaggerating, but it's not like Kanto had a different formula for the episodes than the new ones. And I'm not saying that everything in the show is repetitive.

zeno48

Zaker!
No im fine the way things are but a plot twist would be welcomed as well.

uber gon

Accept Change
Giving Ash less denseness. I'm not a shipper, but giving Ash a girlfriend would satisfy SOME people at least.

Rooreelooo

More storylines that last more than a single episode. I always liked the bigger story arcs, like when he tried to beat Sabrina it took three episodes.

But I like it how it is. The formula may be old, but it works, and I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The only thing I would like to see more of is the pokémon of other characters. I've always been a little bugged about why Ash is always the one to do anything and his friends just tag along. If everyone in the group got equal amounts of activity it would be more refreshing and varied.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
The most amazing would actualy be revealing Saturn to be Giovanni's WIFE!
And in the episode they are like...

Giovanni: Honey? Do me a favor and kill Jessie & James for me and neuter that meowth....
Saturn: (sitting on Gio's lap) Sure.. i'd love to... *evil laugh*

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well, many of the Coordinator eps last at least 2 eps. And the double ep with Anabel took 2 eps as well. And the Brandon segement of BF whick took up great parts of the end of the season. And in Sinnoh he needed 2 matches and 3 eps for beating the first gym leader. Ash is the main character, Dawn (and May during AG) do have a story line. Brock is actually the character that don´t do much at all.

Change in the plot:
I would want to see a legauge that you need to be 2 trainers in each match/gym battle (and in the championship as well). So that Ash needed a partner in battle each time he went to a gym. Maybe then they could focus on the two of them more than Ash, Brock and the girl of the season (even if I like all three of them). Maybe like this:

Ash
[New Trainer Partner, mabye a girl]
[Third member of the group]

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Ash finds out that Misty is his father's father, and that Brock is the reincarnation of his pet rock, Truffles. Before Ash can comment on this revelation, Giovanni appears from behind a tree, drinks the blood of Arcues and becomes Neo Mecha Giovanni, rampaging through the cities while belching molten Persian flesh. Pikachu reveals it is a deity from ancient times, sent by Ho-oh to watch over Ash and his friends, and destroys Neo Mecha Giovanni by transforming into a humanoid angel, using up it's life energy in the process. Before leaving this world, Pikachu shares a passionate kiss with Ash, causing Team Rocket to blast off again.
We then skip 20 years into the future, to a post-apocalyptic city, where each citizen walks around with a ski cap on their head, whilst droning 'Daijoubu' in unison. The cloaked dictator is revealed to be Hikari. Shinji is now a muscle-bound anti-hero who wears a tattered head band, dog-tags and a belt lined with multiple explosives. His weapon is Chimchar, who he holds like a gun, buttocks aimed at his foes. The story ends when Hikari is actually revealed to be Munchlax in disguise.

Also, Muku.BIRD will be the narrator, but will not speak human until the end credits, where it is revealed that Muku.BIRD is a bird.

On a more serious note however, I don't think the series actually needs plot twists where 'Ash's father is revealed' and other such junk. At the most, I'd just be content if they were to have more story arcs involving the legendary pokémon and various other unexplained mysteries of the pokémon universe. That, coupled along with more frequent appearences from J and the space cadets would be ideal. I don't think a little backstory for Ash would hurt either - it doesn't have to be anything complex or whatever. Just an explanation of why and how he got into pokémon or some information on past friendships (or if he even had any?) would be enough.

Last edited:

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Ash finds out that Misty is his father's father, and that Brock is the reincarnation of his pet rock, Truffles. Before Ash can comment on this revelation, Giovanni appears from behind a tree, drinks the blood of Arcues and becomes Neo Mecha Giovanni, rampaging through the cities while belching molten Persian flesh. Pikachu reveals it is a deity from ancient times, sent by Ho-oh to watch over Ash and his friends, and destroys Neo Mecha Giovanni by transforming into a humanoid angel, using up it's life energy in the process. Before leaving this world, Pikachu shares a passionate kiss with Ash, causing Team Rocket to blast off again.
We then skip 20 years into the future, to a post-apocalyptic city, where each citizen walks around with a ski cap on their head, whilst droning 'Daijoubu' in unison. The cloaked dictator is revealed to be Hikari. Shinji is now a muscle-bound anti-hero who wears a tattered head band, dog-tags and a belt lined with multiple explosives. His weapon is Chimchar, who he holds like a gun, buttocks aimed at his foes. The story ends when Hikari is actually revealed to be Munchlax in disguise.

Also, Muku.BIRD will be the narrator, but will not speak human until the end credits, where it is revealed that Muku.BIRD is a bird.

Oh why oh why couldn't this actually happen? Especially the Chimchar buttweapon.

Nice call with varying between the Japanese and English names in the same post btw ;D It added for the lulz.
Though, I wouldn't mind if Brock got a role in the grand battle too - Like, in order to destroy the enemy, Brock opened his slits - which by now have been kept shut by stiffened pus - by force, only to reveal to holes into his brain which is telepathically insanely strong making the enemy vaporate in the spot.
Then, with all of his energy used on destroying the enemy, Brock collapses and at his last breath lets himself dissolve in sparkling sparkles of sparkling energy and reincarnate the world back to its beautiful self.

*nod*

Gravy is actually sauce said:
On a more serious note however, I don't think the series actually needs plot twists where 'Ash's father is revealed' and other such junk. At the most, I'd just be content if they were to have more story arcs involving the legendary pokémon and various other unexplained mysteries of the pokémon universe. That, coupled along with more frequent appearences from J and the space cadets would be ideal. I don't think a little backstory for Ash would hurt either - it doesn't have to be anything complex or whatever. Just an explanation of why and how he got into pokémon or some information on past friendships (or if he even had any?) would be enough.
Agreed, though I wouldn't mind an insight on Ash's family tree since his mom did mention his dad and grandfather in the original first episode. I just feel demanding that way.

The show should really also stick with the Pokédex from the games some more. Like Drifloon and its wonderful ability to drift kids off to the underworld. Heck, let one in the cast get one where it constantly tries to take its trainer away - If it happens in the middle of a battle, it adds to the fun. Just like how Cacnea and Carnivine interupts the seriousness by painfully hugging James.

Last edited:

Rooreelooo

To be honest, I wouldn't like any major plot twists. It would be a mark of the series beginning to fail and they would be desperate attempts to pull back crowds by creating epic stories.

Do we need to know Ash's father, or his past friends or whatever?

Personally I would only be satisfied with special stories with this if they were presented as movies.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Do we need to know Ash's father, or his past friends or whatever?

Depends on how it'll fit into the plot.

If Ash's father is the Champion, then yes we'd need to know him.
Same if he got killed by one of the evil organisation (though, that'll be too much to ask for).
Or if he's Gligarman.

The latter being the most important factor.

Dattebayo

Banned
The show having a crossover episode with another anime show.