• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - HELP THREAD [Ask your questions here]

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Are you using repel to stop those encounters?
yep, its when the grass doesnt shake that i use the app again and i dont get wanted pokemon in those grassy patches when using said app.

Sgiese7

yep, its when the grass doesnt shake that i use the app again and i dont get wanted pokemon in those grassy patches when using said app.
Oh I see, well if the grass is no longer shaking then the chain has broken. Have to go to the farthest option and catch it for best results. If it is shaking you can reuse the app for better options. Hope that helps.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Oh I see, well if the grass is no longer shaking then the chain has broken. Have to go to the farthest option and catch it for best results. If it is shaking you can reuse the app for better options. Hope that helps.
that does help, will it help to continue along with targeted pokemon to keep appearing? if another different pokemon appears on the next spot will that break the chain also? i guess broken chains will be a big hassle if you cant find or target wanted pokemon...

i think i got a bit too used to ORAS where you need to use the app for each encounter. its good info to know that i would only need to initiate it once for said target.

Last edited:

Sgiese7

that does help, will it help to continue along with targeted pokemon to keep appearing? if another different pokemon appears on the next spot will that break the chain also? i guess broken chains will be a big hassle if you cant find or target wanted pokemon...
If the chain doesn’t break it will always be the same Pokémon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If the chain doesn’t break it will always be the same Pokémon.
thanks, got a chain of 20 or so before it broke. 4th was HA and the rest were for decent IV or potential shiny. no shiny but i went and caught each one as i was defeating/KO the previous attempts.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I actually have a question. Do we know if Synchronize works on Mesprit and Cresselia? In DPPt, Synchronize did not work on the roamers. In SwSh, Synchronize was 100% but did not work on stationary pokemon. In BDSP, we know synchronize is 100% and work on stationary, but I have not seen anyone comment about the two roamers. Does anyone know?
I have a Docile Gardevoir with Synchronize in my story team. I found some of the Legendary Pokémon wound up with Docile as well, so it seems it works on Legendary Pokémon too.

Hey so found a great video (I was wrong) which explains everything:
nel3 was looking for Pokémon with Hidden Abilities, not Shiny Pokémon. (Honestly, so am I. I am not interested in Shiny Pokémon; I want Hidden Abilities instead so I don't have to build up 200 BP for an Ability Patch.)

i saw that one, having a hard time getting a chain of the same pokemon. cant get past the single digits of one certain pokemon so i break the chain and try again to get the targeted one. not sure if what im doing is the proper method or not but im still to used to ORAS methods of ignoring unwanted encounters and only fighting the targeted pokemon. the blind results of the BDSP encounters/method are what are tripping me up. if i get "interrupted" by unwanted encounter i try again to find the wanted one. the vids say to start chains but they dont say that you might get unwanted results/encounters along the way.
For the record, if you feel that the furthest patch of grass is too far out, such as right on an edge, you can stand in the middle of the field of tall grass and use the Poké Radar again, or charge it by running around and using it again. As long as you're in the midst of a chain, it will essentially reset the shaking grass. I'm still testing the Poké Radar and practicing with it, but I do remember this was what I did in Diamond to get chains of 50+. I experimented on a day with a Nosepass swarm and got two shiny Nosepass in that way, but now my focus is on Hidden Abilities.

I have as of yet not been successful at finding a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability. What does the grass look like when the Poké Radar generates a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability?

Sgiese7

I have a Docile Gardevoir with Synchronize in my story team. I found some of the Legendary Pokémon wound up with Docile as well, so it seems it works on Legendary Pokémon too.

nel3 was looking for Pokémon with Hidden Abilities, not Shiny Pokémon. (Honestly, so am I. I am not interested in Shiny Pokémon; I want Hidden Abilities instead so I don't have to build up 200 BP for an Ability Patch.)

For the record, if you feel that the furthest patch of grass is too far out, such as right on an edge, you can stand in the middle of the field of tall grass and use the Poké Radar again, or charge it by running around and using it again. As long as you're in the midst of a chain, it will essentially reset the shaking grass. I'm still testing the Poké Radar and practicing with it, but I do remember this was what I did in Diamond to get chains of 50+. I experimented on a day with a Nosepass swarm and got two shiny Nosepass in that way, but now my focus is on Hidden Abilities.

I have as of yet not been successful at finding a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability. What does the grass look like when the Poké Radar generates a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability?
If you watch the video it does outline that HA Pokémon have a different grass “splash” then the normal which indicates the HA Pokémon as it is thicker with bigger grass.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Is there a way to close the Poketch screen after you've opened it, or does it just stay there until you close the game? I've tried a couple of buttons on my Switch and none seem to do anything. Same thing with dismounting the Bike, is there a way to get off without going into the Key Items pocket of your bag? These questions may seem dumb, but I'm still getting a handle on which buttons do what in this game.

~Yoshi~

Is there a way to close the Poketch screen after you've opened it, or does it just stay there until you close the game? I've tried a couple of buttons on my Switch and none seem to do anything. Same thing with dismounting the Bike, is there a way to get off without going into the Key Items pocket of your bag? These questions may seem dumb, but I'm still getting a handle on which buttons do what in this game.
You need to hold R for the Pokétch to disappear instead of just pressing it. In the bag you can add the bike to the shortcuts which you access with the +/- button, so you can use it faster.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
EDIT:

I actually have a question. Do we know if Synchronize works on Mesprit and Cresselia? In DPPt, Synchronize did not work on the roamers. In SwSh, Synchronize was 100% but did not work on stationary pokemon. In BDSP, we know synchronize is 100% and work on stationary, but I have not seen anyone comment about the two roamers. Does anyone know?

So I did some testing, it looks that while Synchronize works with with stationary legendary pokemon, it does not seem to work with roaming the roaming legendary pokemon. I had a modest synchronizer out when I released Mesprit, but the Mespit I caught was Gentle. It looks that it is similar to GenIV in which the roamers cannot be synchronized.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I always keep it close. Its annoyin to have it on the main screen for me

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The way they handled the Poketch and HM moves was great even referencing Bidoof/Bibarel as the most common pokemon that gets summoned for the moves.
However the fog near Celestial City, inside Corona Mountain rooms and other places is ridiculously dense.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The way they handled the Poketch and HM moves was great even referencing Bidoof/Bibarel as the most common pokemon that gets summoned for the moves.
However the fog near Celestial City, inside Corona Mountain rooms and other places is ridiculously dense.
What is Celestial city?I cant find it on google

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just found a Cyndaquil and Torchic in the same hunt but their moves are pretty bad. Where can i hunt for wild luvdisc so i can get a move reminder to fix their moves ??????????????(already have a banette with frisk ability)

nel3

Crimson Dragon

i think the 4 space rule in the vid is a valid premise. i dont know if the farthest is the best but mid range seems to work. chained the furret line hoping for frisk, got 20 or so in and it broke...

the grass shake more violently or throws more leaves up. its a bit hard to catch the difference TBH but there is a difference.

is there any area in the game that has more than 4 spots to plant a berry? im going to start the EV lowering berry run to get more to fix some evs. ORAS had a huge place with many berries, did diamond, pearl platinum have a similar place?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I currently have 10 skull fossils & I want to get either a shiny Cranidos or one with a good nature. Would I be able to get either of them if I try to restore all of them, or could I just drop off one, turn off the autosave, and keep soft resetting before returning to the fossil restorer until I get one that I want?

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Just found a Cyndaquil and Torchic in the same hunt but their moves are pretty bad. Where can i hunt for wild luvdisc so i can get a move reminder to fix their moves ??????????????(already have a banette with frisk ability)
You don't need to hunt Luvdisc. You can find a ton of heart scales in the Undergroun Mining. I've found 20 so far, and after you give the guy 10, he starts to do it for free.

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
In XY/ORAS sometimes you need to use a move in battle to collect items... today I was in a battle (in the Underground) and there was a sparkling animation in the background

Screenshot-2021-11-29-at-14-23-52-seiryu6-on-Twitter.png

is there a guide of what I can find/how to get the items??
Or maybe that sparkling animation is something else?

(I have a video on Twitter but I don't know if I can add the link here)

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I don't know if this was asked before. Can you trade Pokémon that are available in both between Sword and Shield & Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? If so, how? By having two Switches to trade between or with something like Pokémon Home?