• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Puberty Thread 2013 - Growing grass in the backyard~

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Since we got okay, talk about your hormonal urges/experiences here. From facial hair to changing voices. Have at it!

As for rules - If you're going to say something gross or graphic, put it in a spoiler.

As for me, it hit me like a brick. Lost my voice for like a week before it finally deeper. I also started growing a neck beard and since then was forced to spend extra money on shaving supplies. It awesome and bad at the same time, people say I look a lot older than I really am.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh good Lord here we go again.

Got hit with it at the age of twelve, though my mom had told me about it some weeks prior to it, so I was slightly prepared. I didn't cry, just a bit shaken up. Luckily, one of my classmates (who would end up being my best friend in middle school) was there to let me know it was going to be okay. What I wasn't told about, however, were the bad cramps and that it would get heavier as the years went by. Also did not help that I was irregular for a while, so I would end up bleeding when I wasn't ready.

But I'm so used to menstrual blood now, that I find it fascinating. I tend to find myself scrutinizing it and squishing the clumps. It's so weird, but it's so cool to know I get a glimpse of what comes out of my uterus. I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't for the cramps.

Meanwhile, it's scary watching my brothers grow up o_o. One of my younger brothers had to take hormonal pills or something, so he's pretty hairy and his voice doesn't crack as much anymore. Though now it looks like my other brother is going to go through it in the next year. Yeah... I'm never prepared for that.

Grey Wind

As for me, it hit me like a brick. Lost my voice for like a week before it finally deeper. I also started growing a neck beard and since then was forced to spend extra money on shaving supplies. It awesome and bad at the same time, people say I look a lot older than I really am.
Seriously? I had periods where my voice would crack a lot, but it got deeper pretty gradually. Never had much of a problem there thankfully.

Also, teenage guys who refuse to shave their weird fluffy neck beards and/or mustaches are the worst.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I was a late bloomer because my parents were hippies and made me eat as little of food with hormones in it as possible. I didn't get my first period until I was 15. My bewbs didn't start growing in until then, either. I started noticing boys at around 13, though, but didn't start thinking about sexytimes until I was about 17 when I got my first...uh..."lady boner". G-d, I was a late-bloomer.

Funny thing is, my bewbs kicked it into high gear when I turned 18 and went from A cups to D cups in about a year. Then what happened? I developed a mass (that wasn't cancer, thankfully), and my bewbs went away. I'm back down to A-cups. :(

Been shaving since 9, though, to fit in.

For other stuff:

For guys, the facial hair depends. I absolutely will not go out with a neck-beard. They look like hogs, to me. A little devil beard and mustache looks nice on some guys, but those with baby-faces just look bad with facial hair. I like my guys tall and lanky. Pale is good, too. Never been one for muscle-guys.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This thread title is awkward.

Well, some people do have hairy asses.

I started noticing boys at around 13, though, but didn't start thinking about sexytimes until I was about 17 when I got my first...uh..."lady boner". G-d, I was a late-bloomer.

I've noticed boys for years, but the "lady boners" I don't think I ever got until I was 18. I have no idea anymore, I just know that the past couple of years, I've been learning more about... well stuff that's been making me a bit depressed/frustrated because I'm not married, for one thing, but I also have not dated ever. So I'm probably as late of a bloomer as anything at least when it comes to relationships. Which is ironic since I'm a hopeless romantic.

*shifty eyes*

Funny thing is, my bewbs kicked it into high gear when I turned 18 and went from A cups to D cups in about a year. Then what happened? I developed a mass (that wasn't cancer, thankfully), and my bewbs went away. I'm back down to A-cups. :(

That really sucks. I think I'm A cup, I have no idea (A cups look big on me anyway :|). I guess it doesn't help that I'm small for my age so I was never destined to have a big bust. But apparently small breasts are much more sensitive anyway, so... guess that's a plus? I dunno, personally, that'd be one thing I'm looking forward to when it comes to pregnancies is the hopes that my breast size will change permanently. (Though knowing my luck...)

Also, how the hell can women wear underwire bras? I thought my life was being squeezed out of me when I was in the dressing room trying out bras some months back. I especially hate the padded bras, ugh, they make it look like my breasts are bigger than they are, and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

For guys, the facial hair depends. I absolutely will not go out with a neck-beard. They look like hogs, to me. A little devil beard and mustache looks nice on some guys, but those with baby-faces just look bad with facial hair. I like my guys tall and lanky. Pale is good, too. Never been one for muscle-guys.

I don't like facial hair unless it's whiskers (my dad grows whiskers, he could never grow a full beard), but I reeeeeeally hate those peach fuzzes that grow on the tip of the chin. It's gross. Doesn't help one of my brothers has that kind of facial hair, and he's always looked pimply to me 8(.

Speaking of pimples, I have a bad habit of picking at mine. Never got the appeal of popping them. Thankfully, since I've gone into college, pimples have been few and far in between. Though I don't think that'll last...

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
I can already tell have of this thrend will be taken up by me whining about having to grow a Mustache.

ebevan91

I was an extremely late bloomer. I didn't start growing facial hair until my senior year of high school. Now that I'm 22 I still can't grow a beard. I can grow a mustache and just a tiny bit of hair under my chin. My legs and arms are quite hairy though, which is weird.

It's weird because I had classmates in 8th grade that had full beards already and they were just 14 years old or so.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I grew facial hair... well, early compared to other people at my high school. By the end of freshman year, at least one person said I looked like a terrorist. Which is hilarious now for exactly the same reason as it was at the time -- because it's horribly ****ing racist.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I started in the 8th grade. It was awkward b/c I knew it would happen eventually, but it still freaked me out to see, well, that.

I never went through major things, or even minor, stages of acne, so I'm thankful for that.

I did, and still kinda do, HORRIBLE cramps. They aren't as bad as they used to be, but I remember feeling like someone took a pair of pliers, clamped them around by lower spinal chord, and twisting with every ounce of strength. It hurt so bad. Agh : ( The memories.

I didn't, and still don't, really care about the size of my chest. I feel like all the girls my age care only about kisses, boys, and sex. I've never kissed a guy, haven't been head over heels in love with one, and have certainly never done...that. I don't feel the urge to, since I'm saving that for marriage.

Anyway...yeah. That was puberty. I feel like I lucked out compared to others.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Honestly I can't tell if I've gone through puberty or not my voice isn't any deeper nor do I have facial hair.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I was a late bloomer because my parents were hippies and made me eat as little of food with hormones in it as possible.

I was almost in the same boat as you. In my case, my mum was a major health nut and I always ate hormone-free stuff at home... but they also had the bright idea of taking me out to McDonalds a lot. As a result, I started puberty at... was it 10, or 12? 12 was when I got my first period, but I had breasts when I was 10. But like you, I wasn't really that interested in sex until late... in my case, until I was at least 18. Strange...

EDIT: Titlemaker, I see what you did there.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Oh I remember the days when I first hit Puberty. It started with my friend accidentally pushing me off the first floor of his home, and me landing (painfully) on the soft ground, belly first.

Next week, I have six packs. Still not sure if it was puberty or the fall.

True story, but I wouldn't recommend you try this at home.

Last edited:

shadow wolf

The one and only!
GLORY BE TO GOD!!! This thread again, lets see if it'll be as funny as always. Anywho, I went through the changes relatively earlier, after all I stop growing at like 15 but I'm a respectable 5'10"-5'11" so it's all good, but the later stuff was pretty much just acne. Thank god, puberty for me is over and done with.

Kacho

You are next.
I missed the first thread, so... LOL

I am 20 and I still don't have facial/body hair, and I don't feel like I have a lot of muscle developments :p
I am mixed feeling with whether I would get facial hair or not, hahaha.

My voice isn't too deep. hm, what else am i missing?

Izayoi

The Sealed Weapon
Puberty.
All I ever think of when puberty is mentioned is acne. Painful, disgusting acne.
And teenage drama. Always a big dose of that.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Puberty.
All I ever think of when puberty is mentioned is acne. Painful, disgusting acne.
And teenage drama. Always a big dose of that.

Ah teenage drama, how I don't miss thee, but to be perfectly honest and fair, adult drama can be just as bad.

Izayoi

The Sealed Weapon
Actually, Adult drama can be much worse.
We gain privileges that we never had as kids/teens. Our decision making is much more important, and the consequences can be much worse. But I digress.

Also, puberty makes teens very vulnerable to acting rebellious. It's been years since I've gone through that phase but I still wonder why to this day...
Why the heck do teens try to be rebellious?

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I missed the first thread, so... LOL

I am 20 and I still don't have facial/body hair, and I don't feel like I have a lot of muscle developments :p
I am mixed feeling with whether I would get facial hair or not, hahaha.

My voice isn't too deep. hm, what else am i missing?

Do you want some? If so, I can give you. Really, I'm 18 and I remember I've had a mustache growing when I was 14/15. Now, my beard is yet to close and I guess I'll have it closed in 2015. I am not much hairy though, but I have plenty of hair in my arm, legs, and down there you know where.
And I guess you'll have it, too! My dad's beard was extremely weak at my age. He just grown a full beard at the late 30.

And my voice... Isn't so deep, I guess. I remember it was rather weak when I was younger, between 12 and 13. I remember when I was on phone, a lot of people would call me a girl because my voice would resemble those of a 16 y-o. Now they get confused if it's me or my father, haha!