• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Red

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
So I asked for a Scramble Challenge because, well, that's how I roll. Also, Taylor Swift's album Red came out roughly a month ago so yeah.

I can't change any of the Pokemon as they were given to me by others. The theme, if you haven't figured it out, is Red.

257.png
119.png
467.png
501.png
212.png
553.png

257.png

Blaziken @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Spe / 56 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ High Jump Kick
~ Blaze Kick
~ Thunderpunch

Fairly standard, and yes it's the same set I used in one of my previous RMTs. Swords Dance for boosting and activating Speed Boost, and then sweep with HJK and Blaze Kick. Thunderpunch for Water- and Flying-types.

119.png

Seaking @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Trait: Lightningrod / Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
~ Waterfall
~ Megahorn
~ Drill Run
~ Toxic

I honestly never realised how lackluster Seaking's movepool is. Waterfall for STAB. Megahorn and Drill Run to cover its Grass- and Electric-type weaknesses, and Toxic mainly to hit water-types. Seaking's slow so I don't think there's much use in investing in Speed. Also not sure whether to run Lightningrod for the Electric immunity or just run Water Veil, though I'll probably stick with the former.

467.png

Magmortar @ Wise Glasses
Mild Nature
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Flamethrower
~ Thunderbolt
~ Flame Charge
~ Focus Blast

Flamethrower for STAB, Thunderbolt to hit Water-types and Focus Blast for Rock-types. Mild > Timid for more power (it'll probably need it). Flame Charge for boosting its speed, which will be helpful alongside max Speed EVs.

501.png

Rotom-F @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Trait: Levitate
~ Substitute
~ Pain Split
~ Blizzard
~ Thunderbolt

Lucky me, the worst of the Rotom formes. Blizzard and Thunderbolt for yay STAB BoltBeam. He doesn't really have any other useful moves, so Substitute so he can survive longer, and Pain Split for healing.

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Trait: Technician
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite
~ Superpower
~ Aerial Ace

Pretty standard Choice Band Scizor. Bullet Punch for priority and Bug Bite > U-turn since it's boosted by Technician. Superpower for a hard-hitting move against Steel-types, and Aerial Ace to hit Fighting-types.

553.png

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide

edonub pointed out that Krookodile shares a lot of weaknesses with the rest of my team, so chances are it won't get the chance to boost with Bulk Up, so I'll run a Moxie set. Earthquake + Rock Slide for QuakeSlide coverage, and Crunch for STAB. Outrage for power, and another option to use against Dragon-types since Rotom-F's Blizzard isn't extremely reliable.

Rate away. As usual, changes will be made in bold. Thanks!

Last edited:

edonub

So I asked for a Scramble Challenge because, well, that's how I roll. Also, Taylor Swift's album Red came out roughly a month ago so yeah.

I can't change any of the Pokemon as they were given to me by others. The theme, if you haven't figured it out, is Red.

257.png
119.png
467.png
501.png
212.png
553.png

257.png

Blaziken @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Spe / 56 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ High Jump Kick
~ Blaze Kick
~ Thunderpunch

Fairly standard, and yes it's the same set I used in one of my previous RMTs. Swords Dance for boosting and activating Speed Boost, and then sweep with HJK and Blaze Kick. Thunderpunch for Water- and Flying-types. Both Blaze Kick and Hi-Jump Kick have 90 accuracy, after a Swords Dance you will hardly need the Life Orb boost thank to solid power and coverage. Avoiding misses is much more useful ingame especially with HJK's side-effect. Again for ingame purposes, too much speed investment for something that will outspeed almost everything at +1 anyway.

119.png

Seaking @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Trait: Lightningrod / Water Veil
~ Waterfall
~ Megahorn
~ Drill Run
~ Return /Agility maybe? Water/Ground/Bug should be walled only by Water/Flying and Dragon/Flying, so Return is not crucial. also, seeing as this is your only Water type resistance and you can't really hurt Water types back, Toxic might not be a bad idea.

I honestly never realised how lackluster Seaking's movepool is. Waterfall for STAB. Megahorn and Drill Run to cover its Grass- and Electric-type weaknesses, and Return for neutral coverage. Seaking's slow so I don't think there's much use in investing in Speed. Also not sure whether to run Lightningrod for the Electric immunity or just run Water Veil, though I'll probably stick with the former.

467.png

Magmortar @ Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
Trait: Flame Body
~ Flamethrower
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power [Grass] /Fire Blast/Overheat/Flame Charge. Ground/Water pokes practically don't exist in this game, so there's no excuse in using HP grass. A stronger neutral hit on the other hand, is very much needed as you're Timid and lack any sort of boosting. Modest with Flame Charge is a decent option as well.
~ Focus Blast

Timid and max Speed allows it to outspeed everything in-game apart from Accelgor, Jolteon, Crobat and +Spe Base 115s. Which is nice. Flamethrower for STAB, Thunderbolt to hit Water-types, Hidden Power [Grass] for Ground-types and Focus Blast for Rock-types.

501.png

Rotom-F @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Trait: Levitate
~ Substitute
~ Pain Split
~ Blizzard
~ Thunderbolt

Lucky me, the worst of the Rotom formes. Blizzard and Thunderbolt for yay STAB BoltBeam. He doesn't really have any other useful moves, so Substitute so he can survive longer, and Pain Split for healing.
This is pretty ok, not much you can do with Rotom-F

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Trait: Technician
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit /Roost/Swords Dance/Aerial Ace/False Swipe/U-Turn. For obvious reasons there's plenty of better choices than Pursuit, since the AI hardly ever switches... No need to explain in-depth, Roost helps you tank, SD + bullet punch is a pretty good combo (should ditch the CB though), Aerial Ace is misshax ensurance and has good coverage (Marshall...), False Swipe catches things, U-Turn because why not.

Pretty standard Choice Band Scizor. Bullet Punch for priority and Bug Bite > U-turn since it's boosted by Technician. Superpower for a hard-hitting move against Steel-types, and Pursuit mostly as a filler move.

553.png

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Bulk Up
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide

I don't think there's much to say here. I prefer Intimidate > Moxie on Krookodile. Bulk Up for boosting. Earthquake + Rock Slide for QuakeSlide coverage and Crunch for STAB.

Your Krookodile shares a lot of weaknesses with the rest of your team and is not put in a good environment to find the time to setup (unless your opponent uses Electric/Psychic to attack or something...) dunno, but considering how many weaknesses it has, I'd rather go with Moxie and an all out attacking set. Outrage is highly recommended as Blizzard is not exactly the most reliable asset to deal with Dragons.

Rate away. As usual, changes will be made in bold. Thanks!

seeing "challenge" next to speed boost Blaziken sounds silly, but anyway suggestions in bold and whatnot. Hope it helped.

Ryan7437

Banned
I'd use Ariel Ace over Pursuit because if they do switch out and it's power doubles it no longer gets the boost from Technician as it now does 80 Damage.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Thanks for your comments. Realised that this team is pretty sloppily made ugh.

Blaziken: Whoops, Flamethrower wasn't meant to be there. I originally had it running a mixed set with Work Up but switched back over to a Swords Dance set. I'll change the item to Wide Lens.

Seaking: Fair point on Toxic to hit Water-types.

Magmortar: mmmm true, true. I'll go Mild + Flame Charge.

Scizor: ah completely forgot it learns Aerial Ace. Added.

Krookodile: Good point regarding the fact that it probably won't have the chance to set up. I'll go with Outrage and Moxie.

Thanks n_n

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Weeee are never ever ever , getting back together (like ever)

LoL , I love that song , but the rest is meh.

It would seem that Flame Charg isn't really your main way of dealing damage , so I vote for Modest > Mild.

If only Rotom got Ice Beam... You could use HP [Ice] , but it's hard to get.

Fyi Krook is more brown than red.

Yzpo Z.

FlyingPokemonMaster
May I suggest Hone Claws for blaziken instead of Swords Dance? You really risk the chance of getting recoil with High jump kick, and you can prevent that much more with Hone claws, You dont get the the times two in att, but accuracy helps alot, especially since high jump kick is such a powerful move anyways.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I can never justify running a choice band or choice scarf in-game, the power and speed boost is just unnecessary if you have EVs. You could always run Joe's favourite variant.

]Scizor@Leftovers
]Adamant | Technician
248Hp | 252Atk | 4Sp.D | 4Spe
• Bullet Punch
• Rock Smash/Brick Break
• Roost/Substitute/Bug Bite/whatever
• Swords Dance

With this build you have +1 speed compared to standard 252hp/252atk Scizor in the Subway, and you're at a Substitute/Leftovers number.
Bullet Punch is standard, Rock Smash is actually quite a novelty debuff, even if Brick Break is still more powerful.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I'd use Ariel Ace over Pursuit because if they do switch out and it's power doubles it no longer gets the boost from Technician as it now does 80 Damage.

Even if it doesn't double, it would only be 10 more BP than a doubled Pursuit. Still worth the slot. Aerial Ace doesn't really do much for Scizor as it gets great coverage as is.

edonub

The thing is, it's completely useless compared to Night Slash as the AI almost never switches out. Pursuit has 60 BP after Technician, Night Slash has 70 and high crit ratio. Heck even Thief is more useful ingame.
Also, Dark covers Ghost and Psychic. You already got Bug Bite for Psychic types, and one type alone which isn't even that common (stuff like Will-O-Wisp and Fire Blast will keep scizor away from Chauntal anyway) does not justify the wasted moveslot. Bug and Fighting types are way more common, and a Scizor can actually deal with Marshall pretty decently.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Oh, I thought this was for PWT.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Weeee are never ever ever , getting back together (like ever)

LoL , I love that song , but the rest is meh.

D:

It would seem that Flame Charg isn't really your main way of dealing damage , so I vote for Modest > Mild.

That's true, but I think I'll stick with Mild just in case. But I'll definitely think about Modest.

May I suggest Hone Claws for blaziken instead of Swords Dance? You really risk the chance of getting recoil with High jump kick, and you can prevent that much more with Hone claws, You dont get the the times two in att, but accuracy helps alot, especially since high jump kick is such a powerful move anyways.

With the Wide Lens, both HJK and Blaze Kick reach 99% accuracy, which is good enough for me. n_n

I can never justify running a choice band or choice scarf in-game, the power and speed boost is just unnecessary if you have EVs. You could always run Joe's favourite variant.

]Scizor@Leftovers
]Adamant | Technician
248Hp | 252Atk | 4Sp.D | 4Spe
• Bullet Punch
• Rock Smash/Brick Break
• Roost/Substitute/Bug Bite/whatever
• Swords Dance

With this build you have +1 speed compared to standard 252hp/252atk Scizor in the Subway, and you're at a Substitute/Leftovers number.
Bullet Punch is standard, Rock Smash is actually quite a novelty debuff, even if Brick Break is still more powerful.

Mmmm I can see how having 4 Spe will help in the Subway, but I'm not quite seeing how that spread would help in-game. I'll consider it, but I think I'll stick with the Choice Band.

Even if it doesn't double, it would only be 10 more BP than a doubled Pursuit. Still worth the slot. Aerial Ace doesn't really do much for Scizor as it gets great coverage as is.

As edonub mentioned, Aerial Ace helps my team out quite a bit as it lets me hit Marshall super-effectively.

Thanks for your comments everyone! n_n