• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Language

How many languages do you know?

• 1 English

Votes: 17 16.2%

Votes: 42 40.0%

Votes: 31 29.5%

Votes: 11 10.5%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
English + Spanish.

Dynamite

Muahhh !
English, teeny bit of Cambodian, and a small nibble of French.
So that's three, but if you only count languages that I fully know, then that's one.

dubiOUS

Technically, I know three languages. My First language is English. I learned Spanish in High school, but I'm terrible at it (mostly because my teacher was awful). Now I'm learning Japanese in college, and can say that I'm somewhat good at it. I'm not completely fluent, but I can pick out a few words on signs in some anime shows and other stuff like that...

7 tyranitars

my first languege is dutch, my second is english, and I can speak a little french

Exarius

Finnish, English and Norwegian, understand a bit german, danish, swedish (last 2 due to norwegian) and learning japanese.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
These are the languages that I know:

Chinese/Mandarin (Ni hao) - It is my first language actually, so yeah.

English (Hello) - My brother and I have spoken English with our father since we were young.

Malay (Apa khabar) - My national language. I can write and read some but unable to speak very fluently. Heck, I can even speak English better than Malay.

Cantonese (Nei hou) - My ancestor was from Guangdong, so learning Cantonese is important to me as well. I used to suck in Cantonese but after practicing, I can speak well now.

Other than that, I can read and speak a little Japanese.

zhong guo shi yi ge xiao nan xue, dan wo xian zai ye liu li. ^_^

如果有心学习,你也能学好普通话。:)
(Ru guo you xin xue xi, ni ye neng xue hao pu tong hua.)

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I choose 4 in the pool. Im portuguese so i speak Portuguese learned English from school and French also but i never liked it too much sorry dont take it bad French users of the forum :D but i can understand it pretty well, Spanish(the various dialects they have some are easier to understand then others) because they are our "hermanos" and they can understand as very well and we understand them also i dont really know but since Italian comes from Latin also i can understand them not completelly but i can understand, i live in Vila Nova de Gaia the city on the other side of Porto wich as the Port Wine Caves and theres always alot of tourists from various countrys and i always end up helping some along this years, lol when i was a kid(12/13) an american couple even gave me a Lakers cap for helping them really nice guys.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Spanish is my primary language and I learned English in being in the USA.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
English primarily, but I know traces of Russian and intend on learning the sexiest language of all, Portuguese.

@ Exarius: You earn my respect by mastering Finnish. One of the hardest languages of all.

Last edited:

ironknight42

English, can fluently read in French and understand people speaking it respectably, I can harly speak French but more than enough to get by. Spanish mainly from combined knowledge of French and English I can read and speak it to a degree can't understand a word for the life of me.

treespyro

Vintage much?
English but with a little bit of Russian, German and learning/wanting to learn French.

Rave

Banned
English, but I'm bad with Spanish and Japanese. *coughweeaboocough*

But in all seriousness, my Japanese martial arts instructor is also teaching me some Japanese here and there, as well as some reading and writing. It's a bit essential for the black belt testing and all that.