• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Language

How many languages do you know?

• 1 English

Votes: 17 16.2%

Votes: 42 40.0%

Votes: 31 29.5%

Votes: 11 10.5%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
English, but I'm bad with Spanish and Japanese. *coughweeaboocough*

But in all seriousness, my Japanese martial arts instructor is also teaching me some Japanese here and there, as well as some reading and writing. It's a bit essential for the black belt testing and all that.

Similarly, my native language is english, and Im learning to speak japanese, partially for weeaboo reasons. Im not going to try japanese writing until Im at least semi fluent though.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
My ex was fluent in Japanese and he said the weeaboo types never made it past the first year of classes. You needed to have a more driving motivation than watching unsubbed anime

Rave

Banned
Similarly, my native language is english, and Im learning to speak japanese, partially for weeaboo reasons. Im not going to try japanese writing until Im at least semi fluent though.

I dunno whether or not to laugh or cry.

??????

That guy.
Yoruba, a West African Tribal Language (main)
Arabic
English
A small amount of Spanish

just English.
i know i know! I FAIL. but it seems lots of others do too so :] COOL FAILS!

anyways. yeah I took Spanish in 8th grade, and hated my teacher, because he blamed us for his hair loss. so i was like I'M DONE WITH SPANISH. I took Italian in my freshmen year, because I love italian food. I dropped out the first half because I barely brought myself to go to class, and it was much harder than Spanish.
then I took Spanish again in 10th grade, because I wanted to interact with the others who can't speak a single bit of English over here.
that was probably the class where I learned the most of the little amount of Spanish I learned in my life. I was basically taking language classes because apparently they told us that to graduate we needed language classes.
And in 11th grade I made it to Spanish 2. The teacher and I had a argument one of the first days, and she was a bitch, who always called on me and I'd just ignore her and be like "YO I DON'T KNOW MAANN" She made me give up on Spanish, because I know I was the topic of conversation when I wasn't in class at the time. >> She got pregnant and I was all "EW SHE HAD SEX!"

hjcvjhgfh. anyways, yeah. my language learning history! OH. and I've learned some Japanese by watching unsubbed Pokemon episodes ROFL. Or so I think I learned. ^-^

ramble ramble SHUT UP. i get too excited.

Leyniar

I know two fluently, English and Spanish. This is just random but, I'm the only one at my school (except for my Spanish teacher) who knows Advance/Perfect Spanish.

I want to learn French, Italian and Japanese.

sabatadjango

master of light
I know english, japanese and a little hungarian.
learning french a the moment and used to learn chinese at my old school

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I am fluent in English, obviously. I also know some French, I'm learning it at school. That's it really.
Je parle l'anglais et le francais. Ha.

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
I can speak english (being british obviously) and i can also speak German and French

Super Aviator

Rayquaza's Landlord
Bless the multi-tongued. ^_^

My native (and most detested) language is English. Yeah, it gets the job done, but it sure is a <expletive> of a language.
If only I had any sentience at two months old, I prolly woulda ditched my family when they returned to the States and chilled with the Dutch for a few years. Alas...

J'ai étudié le français au collège (middle school! lol) et à la lycée; donc, je peux parler toujours le français assez bien. Pas perfectement, mais...assez bien.

私は、大学に日本語をべんきょうします。こうがくの四年生あります。でも、日本語の二年生です。
(I got all the hiragana and katakana down to a tee, but those kanji...lol. I got 4 down now, and as soon as I can resume my Japanese studies [ASAP I hope!] I'm sure I'll start picking up on those too.)

And those are my tongues in a nutshell. B-)

FireKero!

SWABLR
French, English, Japanese, Spanish.

French, for me, is like, the hardest of all of em. Spanish is the most difficult to speak, however.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
English and Englisc.

With my skills in Englisc, I am also able to speak Rohirric.
(Mid minum searum on Englisc, Ic beo eallswa mihtig æt Rohirrices agenspræce.)

abraxas

Words.
Well, I can't speak much with them, but I know enough to get by when it comes to German, Danish, Spanish, French, and Maltese.
After English, the next one that's most used is Spanish, then Maltese.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Spanish and English (i need to improve it, bear with me lol).

I speak both English and Spanish well, I know some French (took class for it, but forget what I learned already >_<). I would like to relearn French as well as learn Japanese and maybe some German.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
English, but I'm bad with Spanish and Japanese. *coughweeaboocough*

But in all seriousness, my Japanese martial arts instructor is also teaching me some Japanese here and there, as well as some reading and writing. It's a bit essential for the black belt testing and all that.

i find it funny, people with a habit for using negative language on others seem more attracted to learn to fight at a boxingschool or practising martial arts. i wonder, how tall were you again rave?

anyway, as for my languages...
enlish
german
and last but not least dutch.

which makes it a total of 3, i'm practising to speak english without the awful dutch accent on it, it seems to be going decent but i still have to take a long way, maybe i buy me a DVD set of muzzy one day:p