• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Language

How many languages do you know?

• 1 English

Votes: 17 16.2%

Votes: 42 40.0%

Votes: 31 29.5%

Votes: 11 10.5%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Cobalt_Latios

Cut me some slack, it's been like 2 years
Almost 2 and half for me...

Hence why I'm kicking myself in the pants for me losing some of it.

Even I know some of my posts have errors. I'm doing the best I can with what I still have.

edit: At least I can still read if effortlessly.

C_L

Peter Quill

star-lord
Nah, you're all fine. It's more me being a french grammar nazi.

Now that I think of it, English is probably one of the most annoying languages to learn.

Cobalt_Latios

Nah, you're all fine. It's more me being a french grammar nazi.

Now that I think of it, English is probably one of the most annoying languages to learn.
No kidding. Sure, in French there's only one way to do things, but that's actually a good thing; it makes you feel more sure about how to be more grammatically accurate.

With English, you have so many damn exceptions, you wonder why there are even rules to begin with.

C_L

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Basicly,English and little Spanish.My new Year`s resolution is to learn Jappaness.

dark rift

Fluent at English, and decent at French (My grammer isn't the best because I try to translate the English sentance structure to the French sentance structure. I can understand it decently on paper and better by ear, and I'm not that great at writing it.)

Well, I usually speak Dutch (well Flemish, but I can also speak normal Dutch) and I obviously also speak English.

I also understand French, but can't speak it.

Not sure if this counts, but I can speak a bit of French. Can't remember much of it off the top of my head though.

English is my first language, and currently I am in my second semester of college Japanese. Though I did study the language before hand for awhile, so I understand it fairly well.

I took French I think in my first year of high school since my mom knew it pretty well. But I hated the accent, and all those male and female words. Ugh.

Though, its a nice language, just not my thing. I'm actually half Italian but I know nothing but a few words of the language, haha.

Vernikova

Champion
I speak English and Spanish. It helps that I'm Spanish though since I wouldn't have learned it otherwise.

Cobalt_Latios

I took French I think in my first year of high school since my mom knew it pretty well. But I hated the accent, and all those male and female words. Ugh.
There was actually a time when I refused to use the feminine syntax in French for some reason. Changed recently, I just find it amusing to myself.

I find verb conjugation the hardest part of the language though. So many tenses.

C_L

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
English, and bits of Spanish and Irish, although the latter I only remember a few words and 1 entire phrase, asking to go to the bathroom, had to use that so much during elementary school, its burned into my memory. If I do say so myself, I'm quite good at Spanish.

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
There was actually a time when I refused to use the feminine syntax in French for some reason. Changed recently, I just find it amusing to myself.

I find verb conjugation the hardest part of the language though. So many tenses.

C_L
Does the French language have a subjunctive tense? That's a huge pain in Spanish.

Verb tenses can go die. I always get the subject and tense wrong when I'm speaking. (Writing and reading is a-ok, because I can stop to think)