• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

.:/|~The•Graphics•Club~|\:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Fire

scream your self
@Dai4u.C: Here's a shrine of Komamura. LINK That's all I could get.

@Shirota's graphics: I always like it, when people use real people instead of anime/cartoons in their banners/icons. There's a bit too much leftiver space in the icons for my taste, but they still look nice. The banner is good, although I don't notice much difference, between the three parts.

Shirota

choi jae ni
Thank you. n_n
I don't like doing anime graphics as much as I did before.

Sammi

Banned
Lololol I fail with icons.
tarin.png
futariii.png

It's a manga scan from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! that I colored, which features Fuuta. Ugh.

Mr. Yoshi

@Shirota: I believe I've told you my thoughts on your banner [the one on your sig] in MSN already...? D: Anyway, looove the first icon. I like the second icon, too, especially the colors. But the text can't really be seen. I can't really make out what's on the banner, even though you did say it. I can't see it at all xP but nice, as usual.
@Sammi: I like the colors, especially the brown-ish colors you used on the eyes. It looks as if it was really from the animé. The only problem [for me, at least] is the text. I had a hard time reading it, mostly because of the italicized u. Also, love the pattern on the shirt, it's just like what you did with Mukuro~
@Arceus Master: I can't friggin think of ANYTHING to put on the banner for the contest, I swear.

toonlink.png

Toon Link, because everyone seems to like him. The L is because ... well, it looked blank. And I wanted to try the "letter" thing like what Shirota did on her icon.
haruhiavatarH.png

this one. Yeah, I tried to see if I could get any points on it /phail.

EDIT; Since I accidentaly deleted my old shop due to PhotoShop problems, and now my PhotoShop's fixed, I just submitted my new icon shop. It's called toxIC hamONy. Watch out for it ):

Last edited:

Azure Wolf

http://i32.*******.com/35aprib.png
Just a random quickie, didn't have many filler ideas so I gave it the WBG lines.

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
YAY! i am done with my contest banner but i wont be the first to post mine so.... i'll just wait a while lol.

azure wolf, i like your baner, think it is pretty :) just too big for my liking but very nice :) and i like the text/logo too!

mr yoshi, your icons are not as good as your previous ones.... so i am disappointed in that respect and shall not comment on them :p

sammi, i like your icon very much, i think it looks pretty cool. i like the lighting and colouring effects :) it looks deadly and cute :D

pheonix fire, thanls for the link :) the website is new so it doesnt have pictures yet.

Sammi

Banned
I have a question about the banner contest.

Do we have to include all those symbols in the text, or can it just be "the graphics club"? I don't really think there's a point to the symbols. It can clash with a lot of banner styles but okay...

Also, thanks for the comments, everyone. Mr. Yoshi, I didn't expect the italic "u" to be difficult to read; I myself thought it made it look better, but alright. D: I'll keep "how easy it is to read" in mind, for the fyoochoor. Da14u.C, cute and... deadly? My my, I seriously need to work on interpretion more. x) It was meant to be just cute, but yeah.

EDIT: Woops. Forgot to crit.

@Mr. Yoshi: Well the letter thing kinda wrecks it. It's too transparently white; it looks very out of place. You sorta made the colors strange as well; idk, it's too warm. Try making it less saturated too, of you're gonna keep the lineart black, like that.

@AW: Idk, but I think the transparent spots kinda wreck it. The text is too oddly coloured and seperates it from the banner, the the "DESIGNS" part is difficult to read because it goes in too much with the background. Out of the blue there is this dead brown text while the rest of the banner is more blazing... It's just not... quite right.

Last edited:

Azure Wolf

http://i27.*******.com/255th0n.png

Agreed with above, the symbols don't appeal to me.

I'm currently aiming for the +mw. title. (Highest GFX designer title in the internet)
Forum member Fallen Guardian (+mw.phail) has this title in addition to another handful of guys in GFX forums. I think the lead designer is +mw.friction so I'll be more focused on GFX and icons won't be coming from me.

Last edited:
Mr. Yoshi: The first icon has a good design to it but the orange and white circles add a warm feeling to it while the rest of the background is green which is a cool color. The "L" seems random on the banner and doesn't add to it.
The second avatar is something that I haven't seen before. It's unique on an avatar so I like what you did to it.
da14u.C: That's fine. I'll be waiting for it.
Sammi & Azure Wolf: No, the symbols in the text aren't required.
1st Azure Wolf Banner: The design of it is nice, the glows and such but the WBG sections of the banner don't look right on it. The banner has a glow feel or a warm feel and the WBG of it might go better with a darker or cooler kind of banner.
2nd Azure Wolf Banner: The bottom corner has all of those designs but the top left corner of the banner is kind of empty but using those same designs would overload it so I have no clue for the rest of it. It's a nice banner though.

Last edited:

Sammi

Banned
@Arceus Master: Oh, okay then~ =D *starts thinking of an entry*

@Azure Wolf: Ah. That is a nice banner. I don't have a anything to say about it. I really like itttttt~

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
yo sammi, the eyes are what makes the thingy look deadly yet SO adorible..... like a cow (XD maybe not cow but what is cute and deadly? AHA! like a virus!!!!)

euhm... azure wolf.... i really dislike the banner and the colours and just everything :p but its a personal opinion, it is still a good banner :)

as a side note~: Arceus Master, i really like your story.. but i dont give reviews unless i have a paragraph to say :p and i just had like two lines....

anyway, why dnt we have a new topic as we are waiting for contest entries?
~someone wth more imagination than me make one plz :D

Phoenix Fire

scream your self
@Azure Wolf: Those banners look very cool. The first one has a little too many brushes or textures for my taste, and looks a little dull because the colours aren't that intese or whatever, but it's still good. The second one looks more alive, which is good. Otherwise I can't really find anyhting to comment on, in the banner.

@Sammi: The icons you made are quite nice. Don't know what to say, but I like them.

http://i26.*******.com/34r6ixc.jpg
Oh no. I've totally ruined L's reputation. Kill me.

Mr. Yoshi

Mr. Yoshi: The first icon has a good design to it but the orange and white circles add a warm feeling to it while the rest of the background is green which is a cool color. The "L" seems random on the banner and doesn't add to it.
The second avatar is something that I haven't seen before. It's unique on an avatar so I like what you did to it.
Actually, if you've seen Shirota's icons, she made it. I just put it in my post to compare the little letter thing D:

@Azure Wolf: Wow. I looove how you do your GFZ banners, they look really nice, and they're very unique, too.
@Phoenix Fire: The image looks stretched D= but the texture's nice. I love the scratchy icon / banners and all. It has the nice Jakotsu feel. I loved her stuff.

And speaking of scratchy icons
sgdfpatchiru.png

I never could get the soft brush thing right >>

And if someone knows a site with nice textures [aside from dA ):], please share ): I'm running out.

Sammi

Banned
@Da14u.C: Oh, okay I see. And lmfao, cows and viruses. xD

@Phoenix Fire: The coloring is uh. Too... dualtone. I like the scratch texture(s) you used, but the coloring is just... fish.

@Mr. Yoshi: Hmm. Well... I like it, a little. But like... I think it'd look better with more details and more saturation or color/lighting effects. The text is also difficult to read. It's too small and blurry; and the scratch texture makes it even more difficult to read.

This place seriously needs more banner submissions.

True. I don't make banners that often so I don't have that much to show. As for the banner, I don't have any comments but the theme of it looks to be trashy or like a dump. I believe that was what you were shooting for?

7 Day Deadline for the contest

Here's a banner of my own that I finished five minutes ago. XP

RainbowArceusBanner-1.png

Last edited:

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
here is my entry for the banner contest..

i might not be online for the next month, due to me being grounded.... so.... yeah :D just leting you knw in advance.... btw, arceus master.... the banner looks kind of rushed but i suppose it does fit well with the rainbow theme.... though the picture in the bottom right corner looks odd, and so does the one above it 0.o

Last edited:

fierywrath

Pokemaster of all!
can I join?
I'm a very amateur artist at 2 or 3 maybe..?
I use the Gimp as my paint program...kind of ironic because I'm in a wheelchair....
anyways I've been doing minor graphics for a year maybe and I don't have a shop.....
oh and here are my three examples
banner-trainer.png
banner2.jpg
serebiibanner3.png

so am I in?

Mr. Yoshi

I'm alive.

@Arceus Master: I might not be entering the contest, I have no friggin idea at all. Plus, I'm not a banner-maker. I like making icons more because, well, they're smaller and easier to make. IMO, anyway. Hopefully you'll get more entries aside from Da14u.C's so that the judging can start xP
@Da14u.C: Alright ): hope you won't get into any more trouble Dx
@fierywrath: Use the form when joining. And save your graphics as PNG.

fierywrath

Pokemaster of all!
i thought I did use the form :/.............oh thx i didn't know that the middle one was jpg.....srry. anyways i thought i got all the info....did I miss anything?
*rapidly checks info with dialup*............*waiting*............*still waiting*...........
I gave the info but not in this thing......ill go ahead and redo that but the examples are the same...yes I know its jpg but it will have to do for now. (dial-up + photobucket = arrrgggghhhhh!!!!)
§-Image Editing Program: The Gimp
§-How long you've been creating graphics: a year or so
§-Your skill level opinion: 2-3 (very amateur)
§-Shop Owned: none
§-Three Examples: in previous post

Status
Not open for further replies.