• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The important contribution of Kalos in Journeys

I analyzed Journeys and realized that the companions and other new Characters of Kalos have made the most significant contribution to the development of some Ash mons, and also in Chloeharu

Serena : helped chloeharu, but this doesn't matter because other characters also contributed

Wikstrom : Trained Sirfercth

Clemont : Helped power up Dracovish and Sirfercth

Korrina : Her lucario became Ash's idol and she helped search for Lucario's mega stone

Greninja : Will train Lucario

Basically, half of Ash's Journeys team are Kalosmon or at least they had their biggest power up in Kalos.

Dragonite also had a spectacular battle in Kalos, but he got stronger with Iris.

Along with maybe Galar, Kalos as a whole has already been the region that has contributed the most development to Ash's Pokémon, especially when it comes to battles. We, the Kalosians win

Falconmaroni

Also every notable XY character returned besides Alan so far.

Serena got a arc developing Koharu, Bonnie/Clemont got a return training with Ash, Korrina got a PWC battle and friendship with Bea, and now we Greninja. Let alone the two Elite 4 members. XY fans got treated really well.

That's kind of why I'm surprised Alan never showed up. His character was important enough and the only XY character seeming absent

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Serena got a arc developing Koharu, Bonnie/Clemont got a return training with Ash, Korrina got a PWC battle and friendship with Bea, and now we Greninja. Let alone the two Elite 4 members. XY fans got treated really well.

That's kind of why I'm surprised Alan never showed up. His character was important enough and the only XY character seeming absent
Probably because Alain's arc was kind of closed up and he gave up his Mega and Key stone

And Sawyer
Btw I had a dream that Ash was reuniting with Diantha (which is super likely to happen)
But yeah I’m sad that Alain hasn’t returned yet... it’s revenge time

AJ97

This is because we already have a key trainer in the anime with an ace Charizard.

ShadowForce720

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't want Alan in the tournament, we already have a charizard, Ash will probably use his and we also have several dragons in M8.
Then next thing you know Lance bring his Charizard out. Funny enough Lance does have a Charizard in some of the main series games although he hasn’t really revealed if he also has one in the anime.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
April 2022 is officially "Kalos sequel" month. Clemont, Bonnie, Serena and Greninja all returned and got proper development/follow-ups. I think the Serena voice actor also teased the XY group would reunite again in a future episode, as well as May, Dawn, Serena and Chloe competing in a Wallace Cup!
I'd love to see the Wallace cup again but I don't think there will be enough time in this series.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I want Ash vs Alain round 4 with Ash Greninja finally beating that stupid Charizard.
Eh, I’m past it and at this point I kinda get it. Blast Burn is a super powerful move and it wasn’t the first attack that Greninja took, it was definitely weakened.. and it’s not like it’s giant shuriken would’ve been a super powerful move, when you consider not only its base power, but also the fact it was neutral against a Fire/Dragon type.

Plus Alain was shown to take down E4 members with his Charizard at this point, so if anyone was going to beat Ash then it made sense for it to be him..

Yeah maybe it’d be nice to see them battle again one day, but I’m not fussed if they don’t. Even if Ash wins the PWC, there’s always gonna be someone more powerful than him who possibly just didn’t compete and we need to appreciate that..

AJ97

Eh, I’m past it and at this point I kinda get it. Blast Burn is a super powerful move and it wasn’t the first attack that Greninja took, it was definitely weakened.. and it’s not like it’s giant shuriken would’ve been a super powerful move, when you consider not only its base power, but also the fact it was neutral against a Fire/Dragon type.

Plus Alain was shown to take down E4 members with his Charizard at this point, so if anyone was going to beat Ash then it made sense for it to be him..

Yeah maybe it’d be nice to see them battle again one day, but I’m not fussed if they don’t. Even if Ash wins the PWC, there’s always gonna be someone more powerful than him who possibly just didn’t compete and we need to appreciate that..
You're trying to use game logic? lol

I mean, a cut from Ash Greninja was clashing with a Stab Dragon Claw + Tough Claw MCX.

Like you said, Alain's Charizards feats were far more impressive versus Ash Greninja and it was much more experienced. Ash deserved to lose the battle.

That said, a better redemption for Ash Greninja would be to bring in Diantha in the Master Class and have Greninja defeat Mega Gardevoir.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I still think it's stupid that Alain beat Ash and immediately retired. Now, even if Ash becomes the strongest trainer ever, certain fans will keep memeing that he never beat Alain at his best.
He hasn't retired, just restarting himself anew.

The issue would be his Mega Stone and Keystone he got from Lysandre is retired, being symbolized as a corrupted pathway he now renounced.

This essentially means that should Alain and Charizard come back with Mega Evolution again, we know that it wouldn't be the same Mega Stone and Key Stone like before. Which means nobody would know if Alain is still the same level of strength or has gotten weaker, and Ash beating him would only make it worse.

On the other hand, claiming that Alain is now weaker with his new Mega Stone would imply that his original Mega Stone from Lysandre means he unwittingly cheated.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

We're still missing Diantha. I love Korrina far more than any other Kalos character, save for AZ, but if she's considered notable then so is Diantha lol
Contrary to popular opinion, I don't want Alan in the tournament, we already have a charizard, Ash will probably use his and we also have several dragons in M8.
Yeah same, him competing would be even more forced than his participation in the Kalos League. Diantha should be competing, giving us the Greninja vs Gardevoir showdown they hyped to hell while also expanding on her team like they did with Cynthia