• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-launches-up-up-down-down-youtube-gaming-channel-27497155

Not sure if it's WWE's way of trolling people, but if they are serious on doing this then I'm all for it. Kinda hoping they make Kofi a recurring guest, as apparently he's not only really good at fps but has also done a bunch of make-a-wish related to stuff like this.

Edit: Just checked it out, Kofi is making appearances in it, I finally have a reason to actually watch wwe-related stuff now.

This is pretty cool actually, Xavier and Kofi are big gamers at first I thought this was something Xavier was doing on his own free time but it's cool WWE is on board with it. I'm into LPs and Youtube gaming channels so this is something i'll watch for sure. It's helps WWE bring in an audience who may discover them via youtube videos from games as well as get people knowing more about the personalities and what games Xavier and Kofi are into. Other than special guests, and popular youtubers to collab with i'd love if they bring in more guys and girls from the roster on episodes for example Samoa Joe would be a great guest as he tweets a lot about games and even has a twitch streaming every so often. I don't think their trolling, they've seen how big and popular gaming on youtube is and they should use that to market superstars as well as promote games in general via sponsorships. Good find Mye! The Rayman and Fifa videos with them was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIr1YTkEHdJFtqHvR7Rwttg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/xavier-woods-e3-day-one-blog

Here's the channel link for anyone whose interested, there's already content on there, and a bonus Woods thoughts on E3

Last edited:

celestial phantom

Seems pretty cool, Woods seems like a legit cool dude to chill with even if I don't particularly like his wrestling character most ever. But, the dude apparently is pretty creative in whatever he does. I finally watched that E60 they did on NXT a while back, and Woods was one of the highlights, and everyone interviewed about him says he's got a lot of creativity and trying new stuff. Hell, even Tyler Breeze said it was Woods that helped him come up with the Tyler Breeze type persona that helped him not get cut when he figured he might be. I really think the guy has it to be in the entertainment stuff, so hopefully this gets more eyes on him to do more cool projects.

Mye

Someone has to win..
After digging into it and finding out the "facts" of this, I'm both glad and disappointed that they did something like this. While it isn't a traditional LP channel (with them only doing 1-episode per game and not series' ), it does give them a way to not only introduce people from NXT to their audience (Joe, Bayley, and Enzo being the top three people who could benefit huge off this) but allow them to work around injuries to certain superstars (Rusev) so that they get some form of attention and don't lose their push as much. That isn't to say I want them to continue actual WWE feuds on this, but it'd be nice to see them turn this into something bigger than just "Austin Creed and Kofi play games". Hell, if they really wanted peoples' attention they could do a massive SSB tournament with the winner receiving some sort of trophy or belt (if they can rehire the guy who made Zak Ryder's social media championship).

-Raiga-

I agree with all, it's really cool WWE is letting them do it. Typically WWE doesn't let their superstars do anything entertaining....errr I mean outside of WWE's umbrella of what they want them to do.

The only issue I see so far is that, well people watch gaming channels/streams because the hosts are entertaining, and from the videos I've seen so far that's not really the case here. Now to clarify, the set-up is contradictory to that. These superstars that are doing this are already half dead from WWE's grueling schedule, and this is their off time, than factor in they are out of character, and possibly just not too into the game they are playing(like kofi was with rayman lol), and it's not that great.(compared to other streams)

While I wouldn't want it for all the streams, I actually think seeing the wrestlers in character would make for a great watch. As Mye pointed out, Rusev could be interesting, but what if he played his character and snapped the controller in half every time he lost, or yelled bulgarian stuff at the screen? IDK, at any rate it's a cool thing and I hope WWE continues to promote it.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
So...what's TMZ issue with wrestlers because they released the 911 call for help for Dusty Rhodes. Not only that but they also released the 911 call of Ric Flair calling for his son when he died. Or are TMZ just pricks in general? =/

-Raiga-

Pricks in general me thinks. While I haven't read any dirt on the situation, I have to wonder how TMZ gets some of these things. I mean I can understand paparazzi hanging around a-list celebrities or their deaths for information, but freaking dusty rhodes? Someone has to go out of their way to be a prick and release that phone call for that to happen.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Or, what if Rusev played out of character and it turns out that he's a huge Pokemon fan or has a huge amiibo collection. I don't know if it's just me, but with Total Divas being one of the worst TV shows in existence it'd be nice to see them expose superstars' other sides in a way that people can actually relate to.

Also, I personally don't get why people are obsessed with TMZ. Their whole business relies in digging deep into peoples' personal lives and painting people out to be scumbags despite much of their behavior being pretty benign. I enjoyed dusty for the character he brought, whether he did anything bad in his off time I really don't care as ultimately people will remember "Dusty Rhodes" more than they'll remember "Virgil Runnels", if that make sense.

ger9119

So...what's TMZ issue with wrestlers because they released the 911 call for help for Dusty Rhodes. Not only that but they also released the 911 call of Ric Flair calling for his son when he died. Or are TMZ just pricks in general? =/

They just are in general, they want to find negatives in everything and don't care about anyone's privacy whatsoever. On the channel subject I agree with everything said, i'm fine with just Xavier Woods hosting just like Renee and Corey Graves have their own shows on the network, I'll probably watch his more than the other two mainly for the video game aspect of it.

celestial phantom

TMZ is just a clickbait "journalism" site, and I use that loosely, because as far as I've seen they'll post anything relevant or irrelevant to small or big news just to get more clicks for their site. It's probably how they gather revenue or something, because people mindlessly will click a headline if it captivates them. I don't like TMZ 90% of the time, only when they actually report actual breaking news that well deserves our attention. Which doesn't actually happen often, or with enough information, just to "break a story".

I don't think I've actually bothered to comment on him at all, but Dusty Rhodes was just a one of a kind type of person. He was well before my time when he was in his prime, and by the time I was into wrestling when I was little, he was already out of the spotlight and like a semi-active/retired guy role. But, I think the important thing for me was that I knew who Dusty Rhodes was, and what kind of a performer he was, and how he was just one of those unique personalities, that you'll run into only every so often. Watching that tribute video they made for him, I don't think they could have actually done it any better, and it hit so many highlights for why he's remembered as such a talented performer for the connection with the audience watching. He wasn't that good of a wrestler, he won't be remembered as a prototypical athlete, but he will be remembered as a large lump of a man that resonated with many of the "common" man that you just can't help but love because he was a larger than life jokester that looked to have a good time out in the ring. They can make another Hogan, they can easily find another John Cena, they can probably find someone to be like Stone Cold, but like in the sense of The Rock, it'll be damn near impossible to find or make another guy like Dusty Rhodes. I'm going to miss this guy, and what even now when he was almost 70 did for wrestling with all the creativity he brought to WCW and eventually WWE's NXT/Developmental system.

ger9119

TMZ is just a clickbait "journalism" site, and I use that loosely, because as far as I've seen they'll post anything relevant or irrelevant to small or big news just to get more clicks for their site. It's probably how they gather revenue or something, because people mindlessly will click a headline if it captivates them. I don't like TMZ 90% of the time, only when they actually report actual breaking news that well deserves our attention. Which doesn't actually happen often, or with enough information, just to "break a story".

I don't think I've actually bothered to comment on him at all, but Dusty Rhodes was just a one of a kind type of person. He was well before my time when he was in his prime, and by the time I was into wrestling when I was little, he was already out of the spotlight and like a semi-active/retired guy role. But, I think the important thing for me was that I knew who Dusty Rhodes was, and what kind of a performer he was, and how he was just one of those unique personalities, that you'll run into only every so often. Watching that tribute video they made for him, I don't think they could have actually done it any better, and it hit so many highlights for why he's remembered as such a talented performer for the connection with the audience watching. He wasn't that good of a wrestler, he won't be remembered as a prototypical athlete, but he will be remembered as a large lump of a man that resonated with many of the "common" man that you just can't help but love because he was a larger than life jokester that looked to have a good time out in the ring. They can make another Hogan, they can easily find another John Cena, they can probably find someone to be like Stone Cold, but like in the sense of The Rock, it'll be damn near impossible to find or make another guy like Dusty Rhodes. I'm going to miss this guy, and what even now when he was almost 70 did for wrestling with all the creativity he brought to WCW and eventually WWE's NXT/Developmental system.

Well said, even though he's gone his legacy will be passed on for another decade or so in WWE with all the talent he's worked with whose made it to the main roster and all the people down in NXT. Without him and his guidance a lot of our favorites now may never had made it to the big stage.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
There is a rumor going around that Dolph Ziggler may leave WWE when his contract expires. I was a Ziggler fan back in 2012 and 2013 the most so if it happened then I'd be more shocked. Here in 2015, I'm not shocked. I still like Ziggler, but WWE is doing nothing with him. His storyline with Lana is going nowhere, he's likely never going to get a main event push ever again. I don't want Ziggler to go but what is WWE doing for him? He's pretty much been branded as midcard forever it seems.

ger9119

There is a rumor going around that Dolph Ziggler may leave WWE when his contract expires. I was a Ziggler fan back in 2012 and 2013 the most so if it happened then I'd be more shocked. Here in 2015, I'm not shocked. I still like Ziggler, but WWE is doing nothing with him. His storyline with Lana is going nowhere, he's likely never going to get a main event push ever again. I don't want Ziggler to go but what is WWE doing for him? He's pretty much been branded as midcard forever it seems.

Ziggler has really peaked in WWE he's clearly not in the WWE Title picture or in any of the secondary titles and he's stuck in a feud that's not even a feud cause the guy he's supposed to be fighting is hurt , honestly with the crop of NXT guys coming up (who are all much better than he is) he should leave while his stock is still sky high. I'll love to see him in New Japan personally, we will really find out how good he is going against some of the top wrestlers in the world and his gimmick/character certainly will do great in the Bullet Club. He's had a pretty good career with WWE, even with all the stop and go pushes and the burials he's had plenty of memorable matches and moments. If he left WWE, he'll be among the top indy draws and he'll for sure be given a chance to work some international companies (LU,NJPW). He's been one of my favorites the last five years or so, and has improved alot since the spirit squad days. I rather see him leave, instead of being pushed down the card for Balor/Itami/Zayn etc. I think this Rusev feud will be his last major feud in WWE and will be used to write him off the show, maybe a quick one with Owens afterwards if anything. Between ROH/NJPW/LU there's so many big matches options and he can help put all three of those companies on the national landscape.

Has anyone been watching ROH on destination america? Last week's episode was pretty awesome Tanahashi and Naito (NJPW's Dolph Ziggler) against ACH and Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) was great , and this week's is looking to be the best one yet (Nakamura vs. Strong) and Bullet Club vs. Chaos. My friend's went to the taping last night for it, and said the matches were awesome and Samoa Joe's last ROH match happened too, AJ/Joe vs. Daniels/Kaz

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

So Triple H pits Rollins against Lesnar to see if he has what it takes.... Then encourages him to acquire backup for the match? I know they use their own logic for the show but that is stupidly ridiculous even for them.

Also Kane at this point is looking pretty damn weak, so to have him disable Lesnar like that after a single chokeslam was lame... Especially since Lesnar was able to utterly dismantle Big Show a year ago.

Oh and Ziggler is one lucky b**tard.

ger9119

So Triple H pits Rollins against Lesnar to see if he has what it takes.... Then encourages him to acquire backup for the match? I know they use their own logic for the show but that is stupidly ridiculous even for them.

Also Kane at this point is looking pretty damn weak, so to have him disable Lesnar like that after a single chokeslam was lame... Especially since Lesnar was able to utterly dismantle Big Show a year ago.

Oh and Ziggler is one lucky b**tard.

He didn't encourage him to get backup, they legit said to him we thought you were good enough to take Lesnar on your own and when Seth pratically begged for it they told him to say sorry to get them back. It's clear Triple H wasn't happy about it and the wheels are in motion for Authority to turn on Seth, he said a smart man always has a plan B which he told the Shield before Seth turned on them.

He wasn't disabled by a single chokeslam, pretty sure Lesnar got back up and was dominating until the numbers took over when he was about to F5 Seth and got chopblocked and a chair shot to his knee and even then he wasn't going down. Just because Kane isn't the monster from 1998 it doesn't mean Lesnar should no sell his moves and get up after the first chokeslam like nothing happened , it took three guys attacking him with a sneak attack and like two or three chokeslams a chair shot after his leg got rammed into the pole a knee strike from the top rope and then a pedigree to put him down. That segment made Lesnar look great, and a one sided feud where Seth doesn't have an advantage at all doesn't make sense either so Lesnar is still a monster and Seth needs the backup to beat him because he's scared and can't do it on his own which is not what Steph/Triple H really wants him to do.

It's so bad that they can't push the boundary of a PG storyline, so Ziggler kisses Lana and takes off her bun for what lmao. Ziggler also was going through the motions in his match. Raw was pretty decent, I liked all the promo segments but there wasn't a standout match of the night since everything seemed to be really quick matches except the first one and Roman vs. Sheamus.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, Austin Creed's youtube channel is so far not doing as well as people thought it would. 5k views on his recent bloodborne video and it's been just over 2 days since he put it up. Pretty easy to see why too, as his voice is so bloody monotone and the series' are only 1 episode long.

Also, is the whole Ziggler/Rusev feud supposed to be a parody of star wars? From what I could tell after watching the segments, Ziggler (let's call him "Luke" ) is in a battle with Rusev (let's call him "jabba" ). Lana (let's call her "Leia" ) secretly still loves jabba but is trying to make him jealous by going after Luke. Meanwhile, jabba is trying to do the exact same thing and thus is using summer rae (let's call her "useless" ) in an attempt to mirror her. Long story short: jabba and leia really like eachother but are using Luke and useless as pawns because, meh.

ger9119

Well, Austin Creed's youtube channel is so far not doing as well as people thought it would. 5k views on his recent bloodborne video and it's been just over 2 days since he put it up. Pretty easy to see why too, as his voice is so bloody monotone and the series' are only 1 episode long.

Also, is the whole Ziggler/Rusev feud supposed to be a parody of star wars? From what I could tell after watching the segments, Ziggler (let's call him "Luke" ) is in a battle with Rusev (let's call him "jabba" ). Lana (let's call her "Leia" ) secretly still loves jabba but is trying to make him jealous by going after Luke. Meanwhile, jabba is trying to do the exact same thing and thus is using summer rae (let's call her "useless" ) in an attempt to mirror her. Long story short: jabba and leia really like eachother but are using Luke and useless as pawns because, meh.

Bravo for the useless part, it feels like they only use Summer as fodder for relationship storylines as the other girl. Just want Lana to doublecross Ziggler and go back with Rusev already, this is the most boring storyline in a long time.

celestial phantom

Well, this a surprise to me, they are going to show the Tokyo show on the WWE Network. If it wasn't going to get shown at all, there's no way I would believe that Owens would drop the NXT title to Balor, but now I can fully see that happening. Cool thing about the network is that despite the fact that it'll be shown like early as heck in America (probably not even 7 am eastern time), is people can go and watch it, so hopefully they push it hard come the Monday after if any big results happen. Still lol at Kofi vs Lesnar as a match, I would have hoped Kofi would at least get a mini push to look like he can work opposite Lesnar, but this is likely going to be a murder happening.

I like that Lesnar is back, but god damn Cole and JBL need to show some damn emotion like in that opening segment. Heyman on the mic, how I missed that. Lesnar being back means at least something interesting might happen on RAW, but overall he's still not a fix for everything bad with the shows. Variety is a good thing, as would be some good writing. I mean Ryback won against Mark Henry with a Frog Splash, that's pretty different, and unexpected. The new stuff they are trying with Bray is fine and all, though I don't recall them announcing that Sheamus won the match via Count Out, which Sheamus could of used to taunt the people, "See that, the FELLA IS SCARED OF ME! Ran off in the middle of a fight."

Seeing as the divas seem to be splitting between two groups...(like AJ tried once before, and no one cared about anyone on the Bellas side or AJs, except for the main 2 names), I still won't care now that I bet Naomi and Tamina join Paige's side. Also, that ref who does the Divas matches...is he told to do so many slip ups on purpose, or what's his deal? Maybe he can be on a "payroll" for the Bellas or something. Can I be hired to make mistakes in the Divas matches? Catfight roll between the Bellas, Paige, and Naomi? Just let me squeeze in here to break this up, woops, now caught in the middle, don't worry, I'll break this up soon...maybe.

If Dolph is gonna leave WWE when his contract is up (would be slightly bad for WWE with even more lacking credible workers in the midcard levels), I actually won't mind stomaching this stuff with Lana...IF it's a ploy to get Rusev sympathy when he can start wrestling again. Having him on screen weekly has to be some kind of ploy for Rusev sympathy or something and repair him with Lana. Let her and Dolph do what they are doing, but at some point Rusev being a broken man, comes back, sees how wrong he was, sees all the stalker and obsessive things he did was wrong, but he did them because he loves Lana, and that Dolph is not the man for her. Let Dolph stand in between them, but Lana chooses Rusev again, saying she missed her Bulgarian teddy bear or something cheesy like that, Dolph can tirade that everyone always leaves him, and that he doesn't need her, or anyone else, not even the fans or something. Boom, Rusev sucker punches Dolph, leaves with Lana, we start part 2 of Rusev and Lana's story. I dunno, something like that.

Disregarding the midcard for so long, and losing many guys over the years really is taking its toll, especially with Kane, Henry, and Show all still around. Won't lie, Show is finally being slightly entertaining as a heel for Ryback, but there literally is no midcard. It's either upper card or lower card, there is barely any middle. And the few in the middle feel like Ryback, Show, Miz (though he should be just lower card), Neville, and the New Day (if they were to win more).

Mye

Someone has to win..
Bravo for the useless part, it feels like they only use Summer as fodder for relationship storylines as the other girl. Just want Lana to doublecross Ziggler and go back with Rusev already, this is the most boring storyline in a long time.

It's actually kinda funny. I was having a discussion with one of my steam friends, and he brought up the idea that Summer Rae is the midcard-fodder version of AJ a few years ago (with her being used in relationship feuds due to main roster staff having no idea on how to write believable divas scripts because, boobs? ). If ziggles leaves after his contract is up, I'm kinda in the same boat as phantom and hope they bring back Rusev as a monster face just so we can see Rusev/Owens do some sort of rivalry. Hell, he could even do that feud without Lana and add her to the paige/bellas feud just to add some sort of 3-group dynamics with them bringing up some of the NXT divas to build something huge.

ger9119

It's actually kinda funny. I was having a discussion with one of my steam friends, and he brought up the idea that Summer Rae is the midcard-fodder version of AJ a few years ago (with her being used in relationship feuds due to main roster staff having no idea on how to write believable divas scripts because, boobs? ). If ziggles leaves after his contract is up, I'm kinda in the same boat as phantom and hope they bring back Rusev as a monster face just so we can see Rusev/Owens do some sort of rivalry. Hell, he could even do that feud without Lana and add her to the paige/bellas feud just to add some sort of 3-group dynamics with them bringing up some of the NXT divas to build something huge.

I'm actually interested in a face Rusev run, he's been the one bright spot of this whole feud with Ziggler/Lana and in theory he would be the face in this feud since he's lost everything and stuff and it wasn't his fault at all. He can say he's seen the light and even though he lost everything he'll fight to regain everything and he now understands that Americans have to work extra hard for everything and so will he. A Rusev/Owens match also sounds pretty good to, he can say Owens isn't a honorable US Champion while he was. That's a good point about Summer Rae, and the main roster writing for the divas is really a joke, I don't want them to bring up any of the NXT girls because they'll just be lost in the mix because if they aren't wrestling the amazing long matches and great storylines on the main roster they will be lost in the shuffle like every diva is, tbh I'd love to see Nikki Bella vs. Sasha Banks on a NXT live special like have it be a champions vs. champions think so that match + tag team champs + wwe champ vs. nxt champion.

So WWE's Japan show will be the day before a big NJPW ppv. It will be interesting which show will be better, as this would be the second time they've gone head to head in recent much with NXT losing out to the NJPW/ROH show. I'm guessing Owens vs. Balor will be the main event of the WWE show along with Neville/Jericho match and Brock/Kofi along with whatever they have Cena doing a Hideo Itami appearance, while NJPW is headlined by Styles vs. Okada for the titile along with a Goto vs. Nakamura rematch and Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA along with their other three titles being defended and a Hiroshi Tanahashi match. Don't think WWE stands a chance really, looks like another head to head win for New Japan. And with NJPW talent being heavily featured on ROH TV, and with New Japan world getting more subscribers i hope they start expanding and do a big tour in north america, they'll also be in New York the night before Summerslam for a crossover show with ROH.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
As much as I love Xavier Woods running his mouth at Neville "Imma call gravity Neville!" It kind of sucks that Neville isn't in an actual story right now and is a side piece in another's story. It is still early days but I would like to see any sort of indication that Neville will have a semi lengthy entertaining feud with somebody.

Darren Young really impressed me though and hopefully the Prime Time Players and New Day can keep the division entertaining enough until the WWE decide that they actually really care about the tag division again.

As for the Divas scene.........actually...no.

Wade Barrett is so pathetic right now that my reaction to his win was less on the scale of "Man, that King Barrett looks strong", but more on the "LOL he actually managed to beat Zack Ryder?". I do not see Wade Barrett ever reaching the heights ever again which is a shame.

Dolph Ziggler is done for me. If they weren't going to do anything with his MITB cash in (admittedly that was more down to his concussion) or his Survivor Series victory for Team Cena, I don't see them pushing Ziggler to the main event scene anytime soon. To be honest though, why should they? I don't want to say Ziggler is overrated but this current Ziggler belongs nowhere near the main event.

I really disliked the beat down on Brock Lesnar by J&J, Kane and Seth Rollins because Lesnar is not the sort of person that needs to be beaten down in order to garner crowd support. It's also disappointing because it takes away seeing an actual 1v1 contest between the two. It just seems like we're going to have more overbooked and ridiculous matches with Rollins due to the Authority's interfering. It could change and with Lesnar destroying Noble, Mercury and Kane should be next on that list in the build up to Battleground but we'll see.

I'll settle for Michael Cole not referring to Brock's German Suplex as Suplex City. Gawd I hate you so much Cole.