• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekorean

I didnt watch too much of Gen V anime, but why is there like, no pokemon of any sort from previous gen aside from Pikachu?

Champion Jared 14

Because Ash leaves behind his past regional team except for Pikachu every time he goes to a new region.

This is also because like in the BW games, there are NO pre-Unova dex pokemon to be found in the wild (at least until you get the national pokedex) and because Unova is VERY far from all the past regions, so older pokemon from the other regions either don't exist there, or are just extremely rare.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I didnt watch too much of Gen V anime, but why is there like, no pokemon of any sort from previous gen aside from Pikachu?

Because that's what the games were like (Even the Pikachu thing although you can't catch them)

thekorean

I see, Unova is far....makes sense.

But in game you can still catch SOME.

Kdude146

I see, Unova is far....makes sense.

But in game you can still catch SOME.

no you cant you must beat the game before you can find old pokemon so the only old pokemon we will see in best wishes are ;025; and ;052;

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

poizonsting

Pokemon master
They're promoting gen V Pokemon here, not the older gen Pokemon.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Why...

Because Ash is starting a whole new Region far away from the other regions which were based on Japan....

If You look at the Pokearth... U will see that the Unova region is so far that they arent in the same frame...

the Unova region is based on New York...

Therefore Pokemon species between Unova and the other regions are rare to each other...

That's why none of the older Gen. Pokemon are in Gen V

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Why doesnt Giovanni force Meowth to stay? interesting.

Educated Guess: Meowth isn't actually owned by anyone. He's acting as a operative to Team Rocket. Since he's considered an agent and not a Pokemon he gets to travel with Jessie and James.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Since both your questions are answered, the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled I hope. If you have any other questions, the Single Anime Questions thread should be an appropriate place for them =)

Status
Not open for further replies.