• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wing Attack?

buneary dude

Buneary dude here! Thought I ask some of you people what is the deal with Ash's Starly/Staravia with Wing Attack!? For example: In the second episode with the Diamond and Pearl series, Ash's Starly was using Wing Attack on Aipom. ?. But that time its wing wasn't glowing or anything!? Itlooked like Double Slap if you ask me. And now we all se it normal. Staravia in the air with his wings glowing white. ?. Tell me what the deal with that is.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Actually, it's weird. In older seasons, Wing Attack didn't come with a glowing silhouette (remember Pidgeotto in the first episodes?). Actually, I don't remember any/most attacks glowing back then, maybe unless they were especially powerful or unique.

So yeah... I don't know why it didn't glow. It could be because it needed to evolve first, but probably not. Maybe it was supposed to be a different attack and was translated wrong. Either that or they just forgot to make the wing glow. *shrugs*

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I personally think it's all part of some bizarre editing agenda. You don't randomly give a move like Fury Swipes a white glow after going 10 years without it.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Bow down to the Almighty 'white-glowing' attacks!!

Meh...mistake no. 6138457432078246559, I've got used to 'em.

uber gon

Accept Change
Bow down to the Almighty 'white-glowing' attacks!!

Meh...mistake no. 6138457432078246559, I've got used to 'em.

It was better of without the glow, though. Most attacks were.

Dax

Legend
It looks better and even better how Staravia flies back to power up and the goes faster to strike.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
In Jhoto wing attack was a gust of wing that seemed to fold the opponent in different directions i i r c. The episode vs. Falkner. They just change the animations as the go along.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
A simple mistake. There are lots. Im fully used to them so whatever.

uber gon

Accept Change
It looks better and even better how Staravia flies back to power up and the goes faster to strike.

Yeah but it would still be good without the glow.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I actually thought it was Double Slap until Brock said that it was Wing Attack

uber gon

Accept Change
I like the glow. The only problem that I have is that Steel Wing looks the same.

Without the glow it looks like Double Slap.

Well at least differentiate the gloww effect. Or turn the wingsinto a metal substance like in Pokémon Stadium 2.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Its just at times in the anime the attacks arent fought throught right and so r given the wrong animation

Dax

Legend
Well at least differentiate the gloww effect. Or turn the wingsinto a metal substance like in Pokémon Stadium 2.

I actually want that. It's Steel Wing so the least I expect is the wing to look like steel and then strike.

uber gon

Accept Change