1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Gen Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

Tags:
?

armaldo or aggron??

1. armaldo

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. aggron

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

I should also point out that due to the age of many GBA games, the internal battery is more than likey to be start failing at some point. Some times, the internal clock will start running slow, before failing. (If you set the clock to your local time, and it slowly drifts out over time.) In my copies of Emerald, where the batteries have failed, I don't get any Match call any more.

(There is a fix, which involves adding a new battery and possibly restarting the game.)

Of course this doesn't apply if you're playing via unoffical means.

2. MustardBubbles

MustardBubbles New Member

I've started a new Emerald game and want to mix records with my older games. But I'm hesitant to do so because my older games contains ugly, neglected bases from other games that serve no purpose other than to take up space and limit my options to create new bases. I'm not too sure how the Secret Base system works in Gen. III, and all information I've tried looking up elsewhere only refers to ORAS unfortunately.
    My question is; When mixing records with others, does it only transfer the "registered" bases from one game to another, or does it transfer every base regardless to whether or not they're regestered? And if a junk base is taking up a spot that you want, is there any way to get rid of it (regardless of if it's registered or not)?

3. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

Does anyone know if Brendan and May have placeholder names as the player character in Emerald?

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Let's GOOO~

I don't think they had placeholder names but I definitely know that if the player attempts to not name the player character then the player is given some alternate choices to name their player.

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I just tested on my Emerald what happens when you don't enter a name for your character. If you don't enter in a name, the game will suggest a name for you (with the option to re-enter a custom name if you want).

When I tested it on my game, it gave me "Teru" the first time for a boy, "Terry" the second time.
    For the girl, it suggested "Lianna" the first time, then "Lucy".

The name the game suggests seems to be selected from the following "optional names" listed for Emerald here:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brendan_(game)#Optional_names
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_(game)#Optional_names

6. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

That's not what I mean, though! Like, in FRLG, the female character's name is set as Leaf in internal data, and the rival's equivalent name is Terry! Yet the female character gives you a random name from a preprogrammed list if you don't enter a name, and for the rival, it selects the first name from the list it gives you! I'm looking for names that would be equivalent to Terry in FRLG!

EDIT: What are the default names, if any, in the Trainer data in Emerald? According to Bulbapedia, the names in question for FireRed and LeafGreen's female player and rival are Leaf and Terry respectively, so I'm wondering what the equivalents would be in Emerald for Brendan and/or May.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018