1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Gen Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

?

armaldo or aggron??

1. armaldo

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. aggron

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. swampert948

swampert948 Member

Why not give Hariyama some stronger fighting attacks, or is that not possible?

2. swampert948

swampert948 Member

Can anybody here clarify for me that it is easier to catch a Feebas if the internal battery has run dry because the titles do not change, meaning that I can take as many days as I want to check all the tiles?

3. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

It actually doesn't matter, as the spots where the Feebas are only change when you change the Trendy Phrase in Dewford Town.

4. swampert948

swampert948 Member

Oooh that's amazing! And thank you. That's a lot less cryptic than I thought. So what is it that changes daily in regards to Feebas? I mean I've always heard about something to do with that, if the tiles do not change, what does?

5. Nutter t.KK

In Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, the Clock or the lack of a working one, doesn't affect Feebas.

However, In the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's Mt. Coronet, they do change the tiles daily. I can understand the confusion.

Also in ORAS, they added a few 100% spots which does change with the time of day, but in that game all tiles have a low Chance of a Feebas.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. swampert948

swampert948 Member

You know I heard in a video that it was even harder to find Feebas in gen 4, and I was interested to find out what was the case. I still never got round to re-watching the video, but what you're saying explains it!

This is a bit of a so so question, but do you know if since my berries wont grow back, will I be able have access to enough resources to evolve Feebas into Milotic? Given that I make no mistakes with it.

7. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Can anyone confirm that Lapras can appear in Icefall Cave at level 45? I'm repelling with a level 41 leading my team, and absolutely no pokemon has spawned as long as a repel is active. I'm wondering if Serebii and Bulbapedia have it wrong, or if I'm just getting really horrible RNG. Maybe having an Illuminate leader would help?

https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/icefallcave.shtml#frlg-1f-3

8. Nutter t.KK

Yikes, a 1% chance to find one.. So yeah. Back luck in your case, but then 1 in 100 odd don't exactly help you in your case. (At least for the Dex, you'd have gotten one via the Silph Co.) The Repel trick doesn't really help as the other Pokémon than Lapras can appear at Level 45 as well. Most Overworld Abilities don't work in LGFR, but the Sweet Scent Move can be used to trigger a battle.

EDIT: Given that already have access to the Four Island Daycare, and most Areas where there is a Ditto, you should be able can breed it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  9. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

It's more about filtering out all the low level mons than trying to only find Lapras, but it's really weird that NOTHING spawns when I have a repel active. I got my Silph Co Lapras, but I need a female for my complete living dex challenge. I'm in the process of catching a male and female of everything (whether they have gender differences or not in the later games). I switched over to breeding for the female when I got discouraged by the repel situation, but I still wanted confirmation on whether they actually can appear over level 40.

Edit: apparently images aren't allowed in this thread? but I fired up the old Encounter calculator and it says with a lv 41 repel trick, Lapras should have a 7.1% encounter rate. Maybe I was just having really bad luck.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  10. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

I just have a question about version exclusives in Sapphire. I could've sworn that Nuzleaf was exclusive to Ruby but I just checked my PC in Sapphire and realized that I have a Nuzleaf that was caught at Route 114 in that game. I didn't cheat to get it and I'm confused about where it came from since I can't remember catching Nuzleaf in Sapphire because it's been 10 years since I played it.

11. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Should've been a traded Pokémon because you shouldn't find Nuzleaf in the wild in Sapphire. Does it have the same or different OT name and number to your player?

RedBlastoise likes this.
  12. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I did a quick search on Bulbapedia and from what I read Nuzleaf can be found in the wild in Sapphire version if you previously mixed records with Emerald version. A Nuzleaf outbreak from Emerald would've been transferred over to your Sapphire version.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  13. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

That must be what happened. I knew about swarms getting transferred to other games when you mix records, but I didn't know that Nuzleaf was one of the swarms that could be transferred.

On a different note can Japanese GBA games trade with English GBA games or is that restricted?

14. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Pokémon from Japanese GBA games can be traded with Pokémon from English GBA games. Only in Ruby and Sapphire version 1.0 will their names be treated as nicknames and keep their foreign names upon evolution. Other than that, when you evolve a foreign Pokémon in the GBA games, their name will be the name of the evolved Pokémon in the language of their game of origin.

RedBlastoise likes this.