• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Azurean

Quick Toxic Spikes question

I know you can double layer it.

I know it can be removed easily (under certain circumstances)

But what I don't know is this:

1) Does it only effect 1 'row' or does it effect all rows? (basically does it only target one pokemon spot or the whole enemy field)

2) If you have toxic spikes on two different pokemon, will both of them using it in a single turn apply the Toxic, instead of poison status? or do you have to apply both 'stacks' with a single pokemon?

KillerDraco

I know you can double layer it.

I know it can be removed easily (under certain circumstances)

But what I don't know is this:

1) Does it only effect 1 'row' or does it effect all rows? (basically does it only target one pokemon spot or the whole enemy field)

2) If you have toxic spikes on two different pokemon, will both of them using it in a single turn apply the Toxic, instead of poison status? or do you have to apply both 'stacks' with a single pokemon?

Merged this with the Questions thread since it didn't need its own thread.

Toxic Spikes are an entry hazard. It affects the field rather than targeting a Pokemon; when something switches in, if they are grounded and able to be poisoned, they will be affected by the current layers of Toxic Spikes. One layer means they'll be poisoned with regular poison, two layers mean they'll be poisoned with Toxic Poison. It doesn't matter what Pokemon applies to Toxic Spikes, so if one Pokemon applies one layer and another applies the second, the effect is still the same if one Pokemon laid both layers.

Anyone know which Z-moves make contact and which don't? Or are we just supposed to judge by descriptions and animations? So far I can confirm Hydro Vortex makes contact.

Blaze990

I'm planning to EV train the following 2 Pokemon but I'm not sure whats the best nature and how to spread the EVs

Alolan Exeggutor

Moveset:
Dragon Hammer/Dragon Pulse
Giga drain
Flamethrower
Grassy Terrain

Wishiwashi

Moveset:
Scald/Waterfall
Ice Beam/U-turn
Mist/Earthquake
Aqua Ring

I'm open for suggestions about changing the movesets.

Thank you!!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Not sure if this has been asked already, but if I use Knock Off on an opponent holding an Air Balloon, will Knock Off still do the extra damage, or will the Air Balloon pop before that's factored in?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I'm planning to EV train the following 2 Pokemon but I'm not sure whats the best nature and how to spread the EVs

Alolan Exeggutor

Moveset:
Dragon Hammer/Dragon Pulse
Giga drain
Flamethrower
Grassy Terrain

Wishiwashi

Moveset:
Scald/Waterfall
Ice Beam/U-turn
Mist/Earthquake
Aqua Ring

I'm open for suggestions about changing the movesets.

Thank you!!

Both are very slow, so you should be able to get away with max HP and max atk/sp. atk sets.

Not sure if this has been asked already, but if I use Knock Off on an opponent holding an Air Balloon, will Knock Off still do the extra damage, or will the Air Balloon pop before that's factored in?

It still does boosted damage!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Dusk Lycanroc, do I go with Fire Fang or Accelerock on an SD set?

When he eventually drops to RU of course.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I thought Accelerock was a must for Lycanroc Midday/Dusk.

In Midday's case absolutely.

With Dusk's Tough Claws ability he actually benefits from the move tutors, namely from the move Drill Run which on Dusk is actually a must have.

Four moveslot syndrome makes it difficult to decide between a Tough Claw boosted priority move, or more coverage.

EDIT: So nobody's gonna answer my question? ;__;

Last edited:

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
Quick question. If I send out Primal Kyogre and my opponent sends out Primal Groudon at the beginning of a match, what determines the priority of Primordial Sea and Desolate Land? I plan on using Primal Kyogre on an Ubers Team and want to know if a lower Speed will allow me to bypass a "faster" Desolate Land. I know that's the case for normal weather setters but I'm unsure on the Primals' versions. I really don't know and I would appreciate some help on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Quick question. If I send out Primal Kyogre and my opponent sends out Primal Groudon at the beginning of a match, what determines the priority of Primordial Sea and Desolate Land? I plan on using Primal Kyogre on an Ubers Team and want to know if a lower Speed will allow me to bypass a "faster" Desolate Land. I know that's the case for normal weather setters but I'm unsure on the Primals' versions. I really don't know and I would appreciate some help on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Whenever Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon are sent out as leads, the faster Primal will activate its Ability first and when the slower Primal activates its Ability, its effect will override the previous weather effect, for example, if a Primal Kyogre and a Primal Groudon are sent out first and Primal Kyogre has a higher Speed stat, Primordial Sea will activate first and bring heavy rain to the match and right after that, Primal Groudon will activate Desolate Land and the exremely intense sunlight will override the heavy rain. However if both have the same Speed stat then it is randomly determined who activates its Ability first due to a speedtie.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What is the most common set for Amoonguss in VGC18?

I've looked and looked and found nothing which is weird because he's listed very high on the viability ranks.

EKZ1505

What is the most common set for Amoonguss in VGC18?

I've looked and looked and found nothing which is weird because he's listed very high on the viability ranks.

Regenerator, Relaxed or Sassy Nature (typically with 0 Atk and Speed IVs), max HP, Def/SpDef investment depends on what you need it to survive. Enough SpDef to survive M-Gardy's Psychic was typical, but it's much less common now, so Lele's Psychic out of Terrain (assuming you have your own Terrain) could be good. M-Metagross' Zen Headbutt is another important benchmark with it so common.

Typical moves are Sludge Bomb (Giga Drain or Energy Ball used to be common but Sludge Bomb really hurts all the Tapus), Spore, Rage Powder, and Protect. There's other options depending on your team needs (off the top of my head, Clear Smog, Sunny Day, Foul Play, After You)

Rocky Helmet used to be common but a 50% pinch Berry is probably the most common now

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Regenerator, Relaxed or Sassy Nature (typically with 0 Atk and Speed IVs), max HP, Def/SpDef investment depends on what you need it to survive. Enough SpDef to survive M-Gardy's Psychic was typical, but it's much less common now, so Lele's Psychic out of Terrain (assuming you have your own Terrain) could be good. M-Metagross' Zen Headbutt is another important benchmark with it so common.

Typical moves are Sludge Bomb (Giga Drain or Energy Ball used to be common but Sludge Bomb really hurts all the Tapus), Spore, Rage Powder, and Protect. There's other options depending on your team needs (off the top of my head, Clear Smog, Sunny Day, Foul Play, After You)

Rocky Helmet used to be common but a 50% pinch Berry is probably the most common now

Awesome. Thanks a ton.

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
I have a question: If Mega Kangaskhan misses its "first" attack, does it mean its second attack is invalid? I just noticed that it gets Zap Cannon via Gen II and I wondering if it is a good idea or if it's stupid.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have a question: If Mega Kangaskhan misses its "first" attack, does it mean its second attack is invalid? I just noticed that it gets Zap Cannon via Gen II and I wondering if it is a good idea or if it's stupid.

If Mega Kangaskhan misses her first hit then the second hit doesn't attack at all. And if a move affected by Parental Bond hits then it will attack twice.

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
I have another question: if I use Sleep Talk in a Double Battle, does it mean it can target my other Pokémon? Or does it only target one of the opponents?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have another question: if I use Sleep Talk in a Double Battle, does it mean it can target my other Pokémon? Or does it only target one of the opponents?

If Sleep Talk executes a move that targets only one other Pokémon then the move executed via Sleep Talk targets the opponent facing opposite of the user.