1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Discussion in '7th Gen' started by Pathfinder, Nov 13, 2016.

1. dementeddurian

dementeddurian Well-Known Member

I have another question: what happens to the effect of Assault Vest (or any defense boosting item) during Wonder Room (the one that swaps defense and special defense)? I have a set in mind and do not know for sure or know how to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The only Dragon/Fairy Pokémon

The Assault Vest will boost the new Special Defense value in Wonder Room, which was the original value of the Pokémon's Defense stat under normal conditions. Stat changes are not swapped as well.

3. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

I'm actually thinking of making this a thread. But I'll post it here for now. Lets imagine the physical-special split never happened. Which pokemon do you think would be nerfed the most badly? Do you think any would get better?

(If you didn't know, the physical-special split is when we got moves that were both physical and special for each type in Gen IV. In Gens I-III, all Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon and Dark moves were special. All Normal, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost and Steel moves were physical (but Gengar was somehow still really good).

For example, assuming Fairy was a special type (given that it only has one physical move anyway). Azumarill, the fearsome huge power and belly drum sweeper, would have no physical STAB, and would even lose physical knock off. But Alolan Ninetales and Keldeo would gain special STAB priority moves in Ice Shard and Aqua Jet respectively.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  4. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

Oh things would have to rely on Hidden Powers again and even those would be weaker then before thanks to the -10...Banded T-Tar would lose a lot of its wallbreaking qualities. Like strong Dark STAB and the ability to trap with its fantastic attack.

Any physical dragons that may have had trouble before are now absolutely in shambles. Maybe not Zygarde, but it wouldnt be able to DD Dragonium anymore. Kartana would also lose breaking prowess, as would Bulu. Stall might be broken now? The meta may shift towards bulkier playstyles again. Let's see, main stall breakers like the aforementioned Kartana and T-Tar would be neutered. Everything physical that relies on punches for coverage would also be outta luck again. So Ice Punch coverage loses its effectiveness. These are just right off the top of my head, thankfully we live in a meta that allows for the physical/special split to give us options.

Those in the universe where the split never happened have my condolences. I can only imagine the OU meta there.

Gengar was good in gen 3-4 cause it still provided fantastic status support and Explosion was still kinda neat, it also had outstanding coverage that saved it, and Gengar's still good in OU now no dont try to convince me otherwise I WONT HEAR IT LALALALALA

5. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Well-Known Member

Anyone noticed that Mega Salamence is apparently banned for Ultra Kalos Classics? Also several other megas like Beedrill, Sharpedo, Audino, Altaria, Steelix, Pidgeot, Sableye, Slowbro... But some other megas like Mega Charizard and Mega Blastoise are allowed.

Serebii doesn't mention certain megas being banned at all, they only mention the ban of Z-crystals. Is that an error on serebii's side, or on the PGL side? They also explicitly ban Sceptilite even though Sceptile is already banned, but don't bother banning Blazikenite and Blaziken is also not allowed, so the PGL side is a bit weird.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 3:33 PM
  6. EKZ1505

EKZ1505 VGC Master

All those banned megas were introduced in ORAS, so they couldn't have been in the Kalos dex (which is what this tournament is limited to) in X and Y.

7. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Mega Salamence being gone at least helps my Amnesia Mega Venusaur, it's one of the few things it's really scared of.