• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Because that's asking for a cease and desist. Not a smart thing to do, ever.

KillerDraco

Legalities are a fickle thing.

In any event, this didn't need a thread.

animal abuse

Considering the buzz I'm hearing about the new game it got me thinking, isn't this animal abuse?

I mean the fact that one is catching wild animals and making them fight each other seems rather cruel to me. I never really thought too much of it until now.

Also lets gloss over the fact that it's fictional and they aren't real. That shouldn't be a measure of whether it's ok or not.

Premise of pokemon

I want to know why the previous thread regarding why pokemon isn't "abuse" was closed. I've played the games for years and never thought too much about it until now.

It seems like the whole friendship and teamwork bit just sounds like sugar coating to me (no matter how much I want to believe it to be true). It doesn't seem to hide the fact that they get hurt and you order them around with no harm to you. How is that ok? I also read the lore about their past but that just seems like a dodge to me though. It doesn't explain why they are made to hurt each other.

Nockturne

Its a video game, they tend to require a certain amount of suspension of disbelief. The lore they made up might seem like a cop out but thats because they probably never anticipated having to justify why the Pokemon world is the way it is when they were first putting together the concepts. Its just the nature of the medium, yes it seem cruel through the lens of reality, but Pokemon don't exist in our reality.

Canto

It's a game made primarily for children. You are reading way too far into things and trying to find problems where there aren't any. Please do not make this thread again.

Jinthrak

Re-Trades for Haunter Evolution!

Hey all,

Looking to trade my Haunter and back. Willing to do the same. PM if interested. Willing to do this with any other trade required evolution as well!

Thanks!

microvirus

Gen6 to Gen7 Local trade

Hi there,
Can anyone confirm if we could trade through local connections for Gen6 to Gen7 and vice versa.
Would eventually want to trade items for my new one of course.

BCVM22

No. Pokémon Bank will be the sole means of migration between Generation VI and VII, and the trip is one way, Generation VI to Bank to Generation VII, and Pokémon only - no items.

microvirus

Aww, I see... How sad is that...
Oh well so much for my collected items... T_T

Anyway thanks for the reply ^_^

Last edited:

Phillies

No. Pokémon Bank will be the sole means of migration between Generation VI and VII, and the trip is one way, Generation VI to Bank to Generation VII, and Pokémon only - no items.

Will we still be able to use Pokebank to transfer between Gen 6 games or will the update make that impossible?

KillerDraco

Time will tell but one would assume functionality would endure unless otherwise stated.

In an event the question has been answered and this really didn't need an entire thread.

fireredxy

Pokémon Master
My Mewtwo Theory

So we all pretty much guessed that Mewtwo was created by Dr. Fugi(aka Mr. Fugi), and that in the anime Team Rocket funded the project. My the theory is that something similar happens in the GAMES. Now, this may sound a bit Farfetch'd , but hear me out. Team Rocket has some kind of control over every city except Pallet Town, Pewter, Vermilion, Fuschia, and Cinnabar Island. Pallet because there's nothing of importance there. Pewter because they control Mt. Moon. Fuschia probably because Koga easily outclasses them. Same goes for Vermilion. Now we get to Cinnabar. Maybe they don't have any influence over Cinnabar Island is because they once DID. But what does this have to do with Mewtwo? Well, in the post-game, Mewtwo is in Cerulean cave. My theory is that the Team Rocket grunts in Cerulean already know that, and so one's recruiting strong trainers to go in and catch it for them, and the other steals Dig to help against Mewtwo. In Mt. Moon, Team Rocket is stealing Moon Stones to make their Pokémon more able to withstand Mewtwo's attacks. In Lavender Town, they're trying to catch some Ghost Pokémon so they have an advantage over Mewtwo. In Saffron, they try to get their hands on the Master Ball, which would make it much easier to catch such a powerful Pokémon. Mr. Fugi knows how dangerous team Rocket and climbs Pokémon Tower to stop them. And, to top it all off, Cerulean Cave(where Mewtwo resides) and both Team Rocket hideouts(if you want to count FRLG) share the same music. Then again, Bruno's room has that music also. HMMM... but it's just a theory, and reply your thoughts about it

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Pokemon Sun and Moon London Festival

Hi, not sure if this thread is allowed or not, please delete if not, but I won 2 tickets to the festival tomorrow in London, due to the poor weather and floods on the tracks from Cardiff I am unable to make it to London, I've never won anything like this in my life before, so it seems a shame for them to go to waste, so please private message me if you'd like to use the tickets. Completely free of course. Like i said, if this thread isn't allowed, I apologise, and please delete it.

New here with an idea. I'd love feedback on this pokemon.

I would love to see a ground/fighting type based on the Komodo dragon. I'm not done so there will be a part 2. I can't post a drawing because I don't know how but you can get a good picture. Yet how does this sound for a starting point? Description (first part since I saw komodo dragons have bones below the scales when they shed skin): The skin of this pokemon is as hard as rock. A full blown strike can leave a dent in a steal beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.