• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalline_3

Need advice for my Pokemon team.

Hey, folks. Recently put together my 6 Pokemon, but it was a rather quick thing, and thus I haven't had the proper time to consider their natures, holding items, and of course, the EVs/IVs and whatnot. These are Pokemon I'll get, train and so forth. The image below is merely showcasing possibilities.

So in short, taking into consideration their moves, what holding items/natures should they have? Furthermore, what about EVs/IVs?

Feel free to suggest other moves, too.

http(colon)//i(dot)imgur(dot)com/1m3ruJp(dot)png

Thank you.

bookiebigbrain

Why Gen IV is actually the best Generation ever.

This may be an unpopular opinion but among me and my friends we all think Gen IV is the best. Now while Gen II is my second favorite when I first saw Gen IV I fell in love with it instantly. Here are my many reasons why this generation is the best:

1.The Main Games
Gen IV has 5 main games in total: Diamond,Pearl,Platinum,HeartGold and SoulSilver. Since Gen 2 is many people's favorite people were excited to see a Gen 2 Remake and it was awesome. Diamond and Pearl were also the first games on the NDS which started the NDS Lineup of Games until now.
2. Pokeballs
The Dusk Ball is among many Pokemon Fans the best Pokeball ever.This is because of the high catch rate and it is not as rare as other High Rate Pokeballs. Then there's the Heal Ball which heals your Pokemon upon capture which is useful if you caught a Legendary and need it to fight very soon after with no PKM Centre nearby. The Quick Ball introduced too is best used at the First Turn of a battle which can be very useful indeed and the Cherish Ball which holds Event Pokemon which are quite special.
3. Eeveelutions
While Gen 3 had no new Eeveelutions Gen 4 introduced 2 new Eeveelutions to the Existing 5: Glaceon (Ice) and Leafeon (Grass). Both of them were uniquely designed and Glaceon is on the Top 10 Websites as the Second Best Ice Pokemon (Lapras is 1st). Leafeon is also easy to evolve if you got traded an Eevee early in the game as in Eterna Forest which you pass by quite early in the game there is a Moss Rock which is where you can evolve Eevee into Leafeon. Glaceon can learn Ice Beam,Hail and Ice Wind while Leafeon can learn Solar Beam and Leaf Blade.
4. Regions
While Sinnoh has less cities and towns then Hoenn it has more than Johto and Kanto. It also has lots of sights that are not Cities and Towns like Hotel Grand Lake,Maniac Cave and the 3 Lakes. There are also lots of adventures you can get up to and that's before the 1st Gym in Oreburgh. Also there are a lot of rugged landscapes and with good timing you can avoid a lot of trainers. There are also lots of items for you to discover and collect along with Infinite Bag Space to hold all your items. Sinnoh is also the first region to feature snow (Not Counting HG and SS's Johto-Kanto) in Snowpoint City. Also in Gen 4 Johto finally got a Safari Zone and still kept it's National Park. Finally as of today Gen 4 is the generation with the most regions: Kanto,Johto and Sinnoh.
5. Shellos and Gastrodon
West or East Sea when Shellos evolves into Gastrodon it's awesome at fighting the rest of the gyms with Ground and Water attacks.
6. XP Share
You can power up weak Pokemon. Evolving your Magikarp has never been easier as Gyrados is quite rare.
7.The Great Marsh
The Great Marsh is Sinnoh's Safari Zone and you can find a lot of Pokemon that are only in the Great Marsh which helps you complete the Pokedex. Also the Great Marsh is one of the biggest Safari Zone style areas as it requires a Train to travel through.
8. Battle Frontier
Sinnoh got a Battle Frontier and Johto did. Enough said. Sadly we don't have anymore Battle Frontiers anymore so that's sad.
9.Run Inside Buildings
Before you could not in Gen 3 but now you can especially if it's a big building like Gyms and Veilstone's Department Store.
10.Lots of Legendaries
Gen I has only 5 Legendaries while Gen II has 6,Gen III has 9 but Gen IV has 15. It has the most Legendaries to date while Gen V has only 14 and Gen VI has 6. Gen VII as of now has 6. It is interesting as you can have many special and rare Pokemon on your team and makes the Game longer and more fun.
11.Gen I Evolutions
Remember Rhydon,Electrabuzz,Magmar,Magneton,Lickitung and Tangela? Well now they evolved. It's awesome having Gen I Pokemon finally getting evolutions after 3 generations and making them more awesome. We also have Happiny (Baby Chansey),Munchlax (Baby Snoralx) and Mime JR (Baby Mr.Mime).
12.Mysteries of Pokemon
In Gen IV we learn where Pokemon came from and the true Dark History.We travel to the Distortion World the first dimension we go to in Pokemon Platinum.Prior to Gen IV we don't know much about Pokemon History but now we know about the creation of the world,the mystery of the Legendary Titans and who we are actually.And we now see the god of Pokemon: Arceus (The Llama God)
13. The Underground
The Sinnoh Underground is special as it was connected to the NDS Wi-FI before it was shut down and we can build our own special bases there.Also we get to see a Gym Leader again after defeating them which is Roark the Oreburgh Gym Leader. We can also get fossils there and get Ancient Pokemon.
14.Sprites
The Sprites are amazing and semi-3D. It's not too simple yet not too complicated and was a big improvement back in "06.
15.More Evolutions
Aipom,Togepi,Snesal and Mantine got evolutions which adds to the amount of Gen IV Pokemon.
16. Bidoof Memes
It's Bidoof,the unwanted Pokemon which people make memes about,it sad but true. But Bibarel is wanted at least. But Bidoof is full of memes, enough said.

Sorry for Long Post, here's a Pikachu:;025;

SamSaysHi

How can I get Pokemon sun and moon in an Australian copy/version in U.S?

I moved from Australia to U.S recently. I have an Australian bought 3DS, on this 3DS I can't use American bought 3DS games on it and can only use Australian games. I don't have enough money to buy an American 3DS so my only option is to buy an Australian version of the game and play it on my Australian 3DS. How can I buy the Australian version of Pokemon Sun and Moon in America?
I want to be prepared for when the game comes out in November so I don't have to worry about this then and instead I can try solve this problem now.
Please help

TiredButAwake

3ds upgrade question

Sorry i didnt know where to post this.

Im going to sell my 3ds xl along with getting the new "new galaxy 3ds xl". I was wondering how a few things worked with putting my data on the new 3ds.

1. I got the 3ds xl with pokemon x on it but there wasn't an nintendo id account linked with it. I made an nintendo id account so would it be linked to my account or no?

2. Would my saved data still be on my game when i re-download it or would i have to start over? Or would it be on the sd card?

3. Can i take the sd card out of the 3ds xl or would gamestop want it?

I know other things about gamestop but i never wnated to keep the sd card until now.

Canto

1. Your games are tied to your system. If you bought another 3DS and just signed in with your Nintendo ID, you wouldn't be able to download your games. In order to have your games on your new 3DS you would have to transfer your account, using the 3DS's transfer tool. Thankfully, most Gamestops will let you transfer your data in the store before you trade in your 3DS.

2. If you transfer your account, your save data is transferred as well.

3. They might want the SD card, but you won't really need it because your data will be transferred to the Micro SD card that comes with the New 3DS XL.

Hopefully this answers your questions. This isn't really the place for this thread, so I'm afraid I'll have to close it, but if you need more information you're welcome to PM me and I'd be glad to help you out.

Kitsune_Legion

Customer Pokémon name

Hi, I am designing a fairy dark Pokémon and I can't decide on a name, can anyone help me?it is based off of a fox and it is dominantly pink with black highlights, and a large fluffy tail. It also has a slight black aura around it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Make sure to read the rules if you haven't done so, please.
This kind of post doesn't warrant a thread in GPD. :)
Thank you!

Hoenn Master

Evolutions from previous generations

The last time we had proper evolutions (not counting Megas and Sylveon) was in Diamond and Pearl a decade ago. I remember being so excited that I could transfer over and further evolve some of the Pokemon I had raised in RSE. I'd love to have that feeling again. There are sooo many basic\stage 1 Pokemon that deserve evolutions.

I know we got Mega Evolutions, but it's just not the same. Pokemon like Altaria and Manectric could of had theirs as proper evolutions to become more viable (but that is a whole other conversation that I'm not getting into now lol).

I know we're only just beginning Gen 7, but really hope that when Gen 8 comes, Game Freak will go back and look at Pokemon from all 7 past generations and give us some more full evolutions.

Does anybody else else feel the same?

KillerDraco

I know we're only just beginning Gen 7, but really hope that when Gen 8 comes

Come on, man. There's really no point in discussing hopes and expectations for Gen 8 when Gen 7 games haven't even been released yet.

We can revisit this topic when Gen 8 is actually announced. So give it 3-4 years.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Ideas for Pokemon that you have sent to Game freak and Nintendo

Like the title says, I am very curious bout ideas for the games you have sent to Game Freak and Nintendo; from plot, to pokemon, to gym leaders and legendaries.

I know this is a really silly topic, especially when you consider that they likely don't know how to read English, and they really can't accept the ideas for legal reasons, but I suspect a lot of people have at least tried to send their ideas to the folks over at Game Freak. I know I have tried lol.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I know this is a really silly topic, especially when you consider that they likely don't know how to read English

You honestly believe that Game Freak, a company that currently employs over a hundred people and releases games in several different languages across several different continents, doesn't employ a single person who can read English?

Seems perfectly legit.

Volcanion distribution cards

Hey guys, I have three Volcanions that need a home. They were given to me at Gamestop last week when I pre-ordered Moon. I already have my own Volcanion in my X game. Please message me if u want a code. I'm not screwing with anyone or anything like that. IMAG0689.jpg

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I do believe you'd have better luck if you headed over to the trade forum, but it seems Volcanion doesn't actually have a trade thread yet (that I can find anyways...) so I guess you'd want this section.

Cheers! :)

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Closing. Thank you for your help, Divine Retribution. :)

PokeJonny

Looking for a partner

Hi
I am a player who does breeding and I am looking for someone to partner up with so they can be anything like cloning, hunter or someone with other skills.
Yours sincerely
PokeJonny
P.S tell me if this should be in a different forum

Neo_Shadow_Clan

Can someone tell me why Serebii hasn't added the new leaks to the Website?

I get that they may be fake, but as far as I can tell, they are legit. Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.