• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current Issues

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey all

As you have probably seen, there's an issue on the main site and/or forums.

Someone has seemed to begin DDoSing both the site and the forums. We're trying to stay ahead of this but if you see a 500 error, they will have got ahead of us.

Just keep trying, the sites aren't going anywhere :)

Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued patronage.

~Serebii

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Thanks Serebii!

I was wondering what was up with the Forums, I kept on getting the Error 500 thing!

Glad to know that you're on the case!

NPT

Just a member
Oh... so THAT's why the site and the forum went down all of a sudden! Geez, why would someone want to DDoS Serebii ?

Anyway, I'm glad to know it's getting fixed.

Last edited:

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
So that's what's going on. I thought the site was being hacked or something! At least it's getting fixed!

Thanks for telling us Serebii!

There was a 502 error on Smogon too a few days ago, I hope that and the DDoS attack here aren't connected.

There was a 502 error on Smogon too a few days ago, I hope that and the DDoS attack here aren't connected.

Nah, 502 errors on Smogon have been happening a lot for a while now. Sometimes they're pretty routine. In fact, I'll get a 502 error around 10:00 AM almost every morning on schedule (I have a class around that time and occasionally surf the forums before class starts, during which time I'll often get a 502 error somewhere between 9:45 and 10:00). Not sure what causes it, but I don't think it's related to the attack on Serebii now.

EDIT: Lol, and literally just after I posted this, Smogon started going down. Well, the 502 errors over the past few weeks probably aren't related to this DDoS attack, but this one might be.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
It's not endangering our safety, is it ?
Otherwise I'm glad that's mostly solved. Problems like these are only happening when I need serebii's resourceful information the most. :)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I can seem to get onto the site and forums OK...

I hope this is nothing too serious.

We are not in any danger are we?

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
It's finished now I suppose ?

Tepig360

BUTTER
Thank you very much I thought my ipad had a virus just a bug though or an error

DarumakkaImposter

Nah, 502 errors on Smogon have been happening a lot for a while now. Sometimes they're pretty routine. In fact, I'll get a 502 error around 10:00 AM almost every morning on schedule (I have a class around that time and occasionally surf the forums before class starts, during which time I'll often get a 502 error somewhere between 9:45 and 10:00). Not sure what causes it, but I don't think it's related to the attack on Serebii now.

EDIT: Lol, and literally just after I posted this, Smogon started going down. Well, the 502 errors over the past few weeks probably aren't related to this DDoS attack, but this one might be.

Sometimes it's a thing within the server iirc, but others it is chaos updating the site (new dex is coming soon!!!)