• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Gender Differences~

Silver_Seoul

Didn't see a thread about this, and thought it was a fairly simple topic that could spark up quite a few good discussions.

As well as the occasional mindless debates that come along with the internet's stupidity every once in awhile. >.>

So discuss away~!

Omastar ftw!

To start.

Something like aipom. It's difference is useless....

porygon69

You can't get more odd than female wobbaffets. It's interesting when you think about the previous games, manga chapters, and anime episodes that didn't have the male/female feature thing, and compare it to todays.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I think its weird that some pokemon are only one gender....how do they breed? wouldnt they eventually go extinct?

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Hippopotas/Hippowdon! or Nidoran!

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Umm...Pikachu strikes me with the heart shaped tail and I also remember Scizor because it's there on the DP page of the site.

Most of these differences aren't worth noting.

pacifyproblems

Most of the gender differences aren't obvious enough for me to prefer the look of one gender over another. The exception to this rule is Wobbuffet. All of mine must be female :p

Very few are really noticeable (like shorter fur bits on girls or larger horns on boys). Wobbuffet's is beautiful. Pikachu's is cute, but makes it seem like the 273958395 different Pikachu is the anime are all male. Hippowdon's is amazingly noticeable (I actually love it). But most are just menial things like shorter whiskers/fur/horns.

Grei

not the color
^ Same here. Usually, I welcome the gender differences in my Pokemon. I've always wanted a female Pikachu to use.

I hate female Wobbuffet, though. Female Gible/Gabite/Garchomp sort of bug me, too.

CliveKoopa

I think its weird that some pokemon are only one gender....how do they breed? wouldnt they eventually go extinct?

I find that weird too. But thats just an in-game thing like most of the things what I find weird in the pokemon games. I, as always, go by anime logic and that all pokemon that are not one of a kind including certain legendaries can be either male or female. The only exceptions are the Latis, the Nidos, Tauros/Miltank and Volbeat/Illumise and a few others I may have missed.

I think that most gender variations are pretty good. However, I don't understand why Heatran comes in two genders, or why there aren't differences between male and female.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^I assume it's because he/she is legendary. I've never particularly looked, but are you sure they don't have any differences? Even if that's the case, then it's because of the legendary thing.

Pokemon_Master 425

how does the Himon- Family reproduce, if they are all male? would they go extinct?, the baby will always look like momma...soooo, wait....unless all the hitmon- family breeds with that skank Ditto!

Pokemon_Master 425

how does the Himon- Family reproduce, if they are all male? would they go extinct?, the baby will always look like momma...soooo, wait....unless all the hitmon- family breeds with that skank Ditto!

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I never noticed Starly's pattern on it's face is different with male and females till about last week.