• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jun

Lucille

Well, we know that the rival from the DPPt Games, Jun is appearing in a upcoming episode, but is he the same from the games? Do you think he has a impatient personality? He is a childhood friend of Dawn's? Does he have a Sinnoh starter Pokemon? What Pokemon do you think he has?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I say he will join the clan or pop up randomly. And have a 5th gen pokemon. That are my guesses and good bye!

BlueDragonfangirl

I hope he has a good personality.

Lucille

do you think he'll become a main Rival for Ash? or Dawn? or maybe he won't be a rival at all. Also, do you think Jun showing up is a sign that he will be involved in the TG Dialga/Palkia thing?

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
well,the title says rival jun appears so he might be somebody's rival...

maybe he's the one that'll beat Ash in the League & wins the Sinnoh League

VoltTacklingPika

Assuming it is the same Jun, I think they'll keep his personality the same. I can imagine a similar rivalry to Ash and Morrison in AG; two guys with huge competitive streaks and bundles of energy. That rivalry amused me a lot. I certianly wouldn't mind seeing something similar.

As for his team, I don't think it'll be the same in the game namely because all of his team is owned by somebody else or we have already seen them enough. The only one they could possibly keep the same would be Rapidash.

I personally think he'll become Ash's riavl, but not a recurring one like Paul is. If he were to appear again, it would be at the Sinnoh League. Again, this is similar to Ash and Morrison. I mean, why reveal another key and recurring rival so late on in the anime?

I'm hoping that he's not another child hood friend of Dawn. How about a childhood bully, or something? Or maybe they could downright hate each other for no apparent reason. I think that could be pretty entertaining, actually.

And finally, his role won't be huge. We've pretty much have all the 'cast' for the 'main event'; Ash, Dawn, Brock, Cynthia, Cyrus, Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, Team Galactic, Team Rocket and possibly Paul. I can't see how he could fit in.

Lameus

I think he could have a monferno. Which could promt ash's chimchar to evolve in the near future. As for his personality i hope its different so he can develop some personality. He could still be impatient in battle for example.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I think he could have a monferno. Which could promt ash's chimchar to evolve in the near future. As for his personality i hope its different so he can develop some personality. He could still be impatient in battle for example.

Well, we already had Aoi with Monferno during the summer school arc, so I don't think Monferno will appear.

Anyway, I would hope that they keep Jun's personality the same as it is during the games. I can just imagine him running over the gang at the beginning of the episode.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
He could have Infernape,but reveal it later in Sinnoh...

remember,Tyson had Sceptile but that didn't stop Ash's Grovyle from evolving^^

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
When did they say a Jun was coming?
:/ I'm not sure this is the same Jun as Pearl,Kenny seems alot like his anime equivalent,though it could be him since Lucas is in the anime-world and he could be Lucas friend.
And if he somehow is,or a character that is based on Pearl but not exactly him,I really don't think he will be the equivalent of the ingame Pearl,though he may have the same energetic nature.
...Dawn has a Piplup,that could mean Jun has a Turtwig,though he may be the Lucas rival equivalent even though he's appearing in the anime in which Lucas isn't important. Lucas has a Magmortor,so it may be somewhat unlikely his starter is a Chimchar,though that could be the case,maybe he just likes fire-types,or wanted a Magmortor.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
his father is Palmer so he might not need a starter from the prof,his first pkmn can just be a gift from daddy:p

so...Heracross,Munchlax,Ponita/Rapidash are some options^^

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Oh snaps i forgot juns dad is palmer. He is probably brought to the show to be ash's rival from here to there, show off the platinum clothes(which could hint the clothes change for ash and dawn(which i would love to see ash in a lucas style jacket)), be a main contender in the sinnoh league and eventually bring ash to the frontier. If that happens then my guesses come true and my brother is santa :D

dman_dustin

He could have Infernape,but reveal it later in Sinnoh...

remember,Tyson had Sceptile but that didn't stop Ash's Grovyle from evolving^^

Yeah but Grovyle didn't evolve until after the league.

To be honest if he must have a sinnoh starter, I would like it to be Empoleon. I'd really prefere he didn't have anything relating to Chimchar just because then I doubt anything would happen with Ash's Chimchar

Writers: Screw the fans, we'll bring in Jun and he'll have Infernape, and we'll have an excuse not to evolve Ash's Chimchar. And they will believe it can beat Paul's future Magmortar as is or any of Paul's Pokemon.

Of course looking at it, he may just have one. Dawn has Piplup, Paul has Torterra, if they are bringing in a new person, he might as well have Infernape (Oh please don't have one).

Of course he is Palmer's son so he may have a Dratini/Dragonair, which would be better. And I like the Rapidash idea too.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
If they're throwing Jun in the Mix he mght as well give the generic "cute, out of ball" pokemon to rival Pikachu, it would be cool if he had Chatot or Munchlax for that

As for the rest of his Team

Empoleon
Roserade (Nando's dead, accept it)
Rapidash
Heracross
Munchlax
Pidgeot

that follows the game format right?

dman_dustin

If they're throwing Jun in the Mix he mght as well give the generic "cute, out of ball" pokemon to rival Pikachu, it would be cool if he had Chatot or Munchlax for that

As for the rest of his Team

Empoleon
Roserade (Nando's dead, accept it)
Rapidash
Heracross
Munchlax
Pidgeot

that follows the game format right?

Kind of, it's all right until Pidgeot, he has Staraptor in the games, though its technically right as Staraptor and Pidgeot are Normal/Flying types (if that's where you were going for).

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Jun's team?

I stand by my opinion that he has Riolu/Lucario, simply to hear the hearts of many Auraholics breaking.

I pray he has Heracross...that bug is too awesome. Let there be Close Combat!