• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
After seeing that video, i get the feeling that Mega Kangaskhan could have 2 sets of stats, one for the parent and the other for the child.

That's because the impact of the 2nd hit looked a lot weaker than the first hit, which if we think does make sense as in no way the kid would have power levels equal to its parent.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
i'm sorry but i think kangaskhan just dethroned ampharos for least imaginative mega

I Think it's the opposite. Kangaskhan has easily the most imaginative Mega yet. ^^

After seeing that video, i get the feeling that Mega Kangaskhan could have 2 sets of stats, one for the parent and the other for the child.

That's because the impact of the 2nd hit looked a lot weaker than the first hit, which if we think does make sense as in no way the kid would have power levels equal to its parent.
Two sets of stats might get a bit confusing though. Maybe the kid just attacks with half the power of the mothers attack.

Sound

Regardless, it still feels as if there was no point to adding new pokemon. It feels like the mega-evolutions have gotten 10x the attention/publicity. Hopefully there aren't too many of these mega evolutions and a good amount of new pokemon. I'd like to see 151 new ones though that's a stretch (would bring the pokedex to 800) But something tells me we're probably going to get a little over half of that. I'm just fearful that this generation isn't even going to be regarded as the next generation of pokemon, but instead becomes the mega-evolution gen. *drops microphone* *steps off soap box*

Even without Mega-evos, we probably would have remembered this as the 3-D gen. At least Mega-evos mean we won't remember it as a simple graphics improvement. Also, 150 is a pretty big stretch. There are a lot of changes going on even before factoring mega evos in (like the aformentioned graphics, the new type, etc).

Ditto24

well in the gameplay it just seems to be another hit/attack not exactly the same ove kangakhan did. Its probably like a life orb except it hurts the opponent not you.

There will probably be some sort of catch, like whatever the first amount of damage is the 2nd attack will do 50% of that.

Regardless, it still feels as if there was no point to adding new pokemon. It feels like the mega-evolutions have gotten 10x the attention/publicity. Hopefully there aren't too many of these mega evolutions and a good amount of new pokemon. I'd like to see 151 new ones though that's a stretch (would bring the pokedex to 800) But something tells me we're probably going to get a little over half of that. I'm just fearful that this generation isn't even going to be regarded as the next generation of pokemon, but instead becomes the mega-evolution gen. *drops microphone* *steps off soap box*

That's kind of the point, they just revealed them and want them to be getting publicity. It will still be the next generation of Pokemon, mega evolution is just a new mechanic that's been introduced, they do that every gen. :)

I Think it's the opposite. Kangaskhan has easily the most imaginative Mega yet. ^^
It might very well be the most OP mega aside from MegaBlaziken. That is until we get MegaSlaking with Huge Power / MegaRegigas with Huge Power / MegaWailord with Hot Skitty on Wailord Action.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

Exactly. There's no way that they'd have the two have the same power, just from a natural perspective. I really don't see Kangaskhan going Uber unless the baby has a reasonably high attack.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
Wow.. I'm surprised how freaking Kanghaskan became an Uber over night. Good job, Game Freak, seriously. At least now we know the baby in the mother's pouch isn't completely useless. Though I'm still not sure if they're going to make Kanghaskan have a prevo yet, considering all the weirdness I've been getting just looking at how Kanghaskan hatches and there's a baby in its pouch. Weird, right?

All we need now is a Dunsparce Megalution and my life is complete.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
It might very well be the most OP mega aside from MegaBlaziken. That is until we get MegaSlaking with Huge Power / MegaRegigas with Huge Power / MegaWailord with Hot Skitty on Wailord Action.

Well, from what I know, the second attack doesn't do the same amount of damage as the first one, so I don't Think it's that OP. Especially since Kanga won't be having a item, and won't have it's other useful Ability. ^^

R_N

I like the new mega kangaskhan, but I still hope for the baby to become a stand alone baby Pokémon

If anything this form is the nail in that coffin.

That baby is and has always been a "Kangaskhan." Aside from its appearence and anime showings having it say Kangaskhan, the fact that "Mega Khangaskahn" is for the baby proves that.
It's just an actual younger, still growing Kangaskhan and not an actual Baby Pokemon like Pichu

Duke11

I have a thought about the mega evolutions. It said that certain conditions had to be met to use one. What if the condition is that they have to have the mega stone instead of an item and that it has to be the last pokemon in a battle. What I mean is that a pokemon will only become mega if all the other pokemon in the team have fainted making it sort of a last ditch effort in battle which is why they could be so powerful and would also explain why there can only be one per team. A team can only have one last pokemon available.....Just a thought.

725roy

ambivolent
Seriously, Mega Rhyperior, Mega Roserade, and Mega Garchomp! Those things will probably be amazing.

I have a thought about the mega evolutions. It said that certain conditions had to be met to use one. What if the condition is that they have to have the mega stone instead of an item and that it has to be the last pokemon in a battle. What I mean is that a pokemon will only become mega if all the other pokemon in the team have fainted making it sort of a last ditch effort in battle which is why they could be so powerful and wpould also explain why there can only be one per team. A team can only have one last pokemon available.....Just a thought.

Honestly, I think could be pretty accurate, and this would be a great strategic element into the metagame.

Even without Mega-evos, we probably would have remembered this as the 3-D gen. At least Mega-evos mean we won't remember it as a simple graphics improvement. Also, 150 is a pretty big stretch. There are a lot of changes going on even before factoring mega evos in (like the aformentioned graphics, the new type, etc).
I was just throwing a random number out there. The lowest amount of new pokemon i believe was Johto, and that was 99. I just hope the megapokes don't count as new pokemon in the dex, and we get around 110-120. Basically i don't want gyms and the elite four to be like Sinnoh's elite four (Ex. Flint with the 2 onixes)

Well, from what I know, the second attack doesn't do the same amount of damage as the first one, so I don't Think it's that OP. Especially since Kanga won't be having a item, and won't have it's other useful Ability. ^^

Who knows. There could very well be a restriction to where Kangaskhan while in mega form can only use multiple hit attacks like double hit, bullet seed, etc.

Ditto24

I was just throwing a random number out there. The lowest amount of new pokemon i believe was Johto, and that was 99. I just hope the megapokes don't count as new pokemon in the dex, and we get around 110-120. Basically i don't want gyms and the elite four to be like Sinnoh's elite four (Ex. Flint with the 2 onixes)

I doubt they'll take up dex space, probably just be on the forms section or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.