• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Hopefully this super training option is much easier and more convenient than the original EV training..

Rakurai

Personally, I think handing out mega evolutions based on popularity is completely idiotic and has me feeling rather convinced that Garchomp is the only pseudo legendary that's going to get one.

Unfortunately, it's only idiotic from a balance standpoint, which is something that's going to be considered after the potential marketing benefits it has.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Or Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres with Snow Warning, Drizzle and Drought, altough i don´t know if Zapdos's one would make sense.

I'm a little late to respond to this, but the Pokédex actually works in your favor on this one:

Zapdos' Gold Version Pokédex entry: This legendary bird Pokémon causes savage thunderstorms by flapping its glittering wings.
Zapdos' Crystal Version Pokédex entry: Legendary bird Pokémon. They say lightning caused by the flapping of its wings causes summer storms.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Personally, I think handing out mega evolutions based on popularity is completely idiotic and has me feeling rather convinced that Garchomp is the only pseudo legendary that's going to get one.

In my opinion, Tyranitar, Metagross and Hydreigon are also popular in VGC's, especially how the former is a staple to Sand Teams. So I wouldn't worry on Garchomp being the only pseudo legendary to get a MegaEvolution.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Unfortunately, it's only idiotic from a balance standpoint, which is something that's going to be considered after the potential marketing benefits it has.

It's not solely based on popularity though. That argument can definitely be made for Blaziken, Garchomp, Mewtwo, and Lucario, no doubt about it. But you can't really say that Ampharos, Kangaskhan, Mawile were given MEs because of popularity.

Rakurai

I'm aware that it's not based solely on popularity. But for Pokemon that aren't especially popular but are already good in battle (Pretty much every pseudo other then Garchomp and Dragonite, for instance), it seems very unlikely that they're going to get one unless the developers decide to do it for the sake of fairness (Which I doubt, considering how consistently certain Pokemon has been shafted through generations).

In my opinion, Tyranitar, Metagross and Hydreigon are also popular in VGC's, especially how the former is a staple to Sand Teams. So I wouldn't worry on Garchomp being the only pseudo legendary to get a MegaEvolution.

I doubt that they're considering the Pokemon's popularity in battles as a factor in whether or not they deserve a Mega Evolution, but rather how popular it is as a Pokemon overall (Which all four of the already good Pokemon who got megas are).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So MegaHeracross and MegaScizor seem quite likely based on that information

Well, let's see what Pokes fall under those 3 categories.
The ones that have got Mega forms so far seem okay to me, so maybe we'll get a few of the wanted MegaEvolutions.
Personally hoping for MegaSharpedo and MegaMarowak.

MegaSharpedo would be SO badass it's not even funny. If they upped his speed and doubled his attack he'd actually be usable.

Elitetrainer2000

Dragon Tamer
well mawile was pretty much forgotten but it still got one and havent seen anyone use a mawile in years

Aetius

Well, those three points to give a pokè a megaevo were to be expected....
But as Elitetrainer said, that doesn't mean that less-popular pokèmon won't get one....

Rhonder

Yeahhh to be fair, at the very beginning I thought that maybe the megaevolutions were mostly going to be giving weaker pokemon like mawile and ampharos boosts along with everyone else. I was skeptical of Mewtwo Blaziken and Lucario getting them, but I felt that the intentions were still nice. This was supported by Khangaskan and the Kanto starters coming out as well. However, as soon as I heard that Kalos pokemon wouldn't be getting them, I pretty much abandoned my hopes of Mega Evolutions trying to balance out weak pokemon. The Megas might be balanced among each other/already good pokemon, but nothing else. Garchomp simply added to my belief. If there was 1 pokemon that extra didn't need a mega evolution for any reason other than popularity it was him lol. Next I'm expecting to see things like Mega Gengar and Mega Conkeldurr start popping up lol. Because the last thing we need is mega conkeldurr with some ability like... oh let's make it super OP, let's give it huge power 8D and an attack boost! yayyyy

Grimpact

does anyone have any idea how they are going to distribute mega stones? will I have to make a monthly trip to gamestop or some convention? this kina bothers me

I would love to see a Mega Gyarados or Mega Krookodile. They would look so amazing Gyarados with increased Speed and Spl. Defense and Krookodile with increased Attack and Spl. Attack

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
does anyone have any idea how they are going to distribute mega stones? will I have to make a monthly trip to gamestop or some convention? this kina bothers me

Maybe for the odd event, but they've hinted at a large majority of these stones being found in game and it would be a "challenge to collect them all!"

Maybe for the odd event, but they've hinted at a large majority of these stones being found in game and it would be a "challenge to collect them all!"

I have to wonder are we going to be able to obtain all of the mega stones for the Kanto starters our will you only get one for that one you choose. It's not like I got all of the starters level 100 for nothing right?

Luthor

I know the rumors that recently came out were likely fake, but it got me thinking about a megaraichu. Firstly what ability to give it. The only ability i had come to mind was levitate but that probably would be practical. So if there was a mega raichu what kind of abilty would you think would work.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I know the rumors that recently came out were likely fake, but it got me thinking about a megaraichu. Firstly what ability to give it. The only ability i had come to mind was levitate but that probably would be practical. So if there was a mega raichu what kind of abilty would you think would work.

You could do ones like Volt Absorb or its hidden Ability Lightnirod. Or even something a little surprising like Huge Power, Guts, Iron Fist, Speed Boost, or even some new Ability. So you see there is some possibilities.

Luthor

You could do ones like Volt Absorb or its hidden Ability Lightnirod. Or even something a little surprising like Huge Power, Guts, Iron Fist, Speed Boost, or even some new Ability. So you see there is some possibilities.

i'd like it to get something more like some of the surprising ones you suggested given that most people get the lightning rod boosts by careful switching in i think it might work better whatever it gets functions differently. So it switches in gets the lightning rod boost and then gets another boost from a different ability after megaevolving.

Rakurai

I really hope they don't deny the Pokemon with Levitate mega evolutions, because the likes of Flygon, Solrock, and Lunatone could really use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.