• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
Yes but Garchomp is the only mega evo that had a negative(that I've seen) hopefully that's false and the "popular" Pokemon all have a negative somewhere I mean mega Blaziken with increase attack with speed boost? dear god

There can be changes to moves/abilities. In BW for example, High Jump Kick went from 100 BP to 130 BP. D/P to Pt Hypnosis went from 70 acc to 60 acc. Sturdy buff from DPPt to BW. At the moment, I feel it's too early to say anything. But I can say that if Blaziken never got high jump kick or if high jump kick didn't go from 100 BP to 130 BP, Blaziken would never have been as broken.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Honestly Blaziken isn't even THAT scary to begin with. Granted it's still strong and Flare Blitz + HJ-Kick is devastating along with MegaBlaziken included but they have there drawbacks, Flare Blitz hurts the user a lot while HJ-Kick can change the game for it if it misses/used on a Ghost type. It might even have a drawback of its own like MegaGarchomp but we'll see how it turns out.

Rsr57

A Volcarona one with Drought would make sense by it's pokedex's entry.

I would like to see Zangoose and Seviper. Or Arbok and Sandslash. That kind of "final forms" who are not as strong as their appearence.

Or Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres with Snow Warning, Drizzle and Drought, altough i don´t know if Zapdos's one would make sense.

Last edited:

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
A Volcarona one with Drought would make sense by it's pokedex's entry.

I would like to see Zangoose and Seviper. Or Arbok and Sandslash. That kind of "final forms" who are not as strong as their appearence.

Or Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres with Snow Warning, Drizzle and Drought, altough i don´t know if Zapdos's one would make sense.
The weather thing died out SOO fast to me it was cool and unique when like 5-6 Pokemon had it and weather teams were not popular now it's gotten to the point where it's rare when you don't see a weather team

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I doubt they're giving trios Mega forms.
The only legend getting one is probably Mewtwo.

Just to clarify, are MegaEvolutions/ MegaStones a natural thing, or are they created by people messing with DNA and stuff?
If it's the former, then things like MegaDialga (basically the god of time) don't make sense.
But I guess it doesn't have to make sense.

The weather thing died out SOO fast to me it was cool and unique when like 5-6 Pokemon had it and weather teams were not popular now it's gotten to the point where it's rare when you don't see a weather team

And I agree with this.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I doubt they're giving trios Mega forms.
The only legend getting one is probably Mewtwo.

Just to clarify, are MegaEvolutions/ MegaStones a natural thing, or are they created by people messing with DNA and stuff?
If it's the former, then things like MegaDialga (basically the god of time) don't make sense.
But I guess it doesn't have to make sense.

I think it's more likely that someone found a way to tamper with the Pokemon's DNA to bring out its full potential. Maybe that's why we see the helix after the Pokemon MegaEvolves.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I just wish someone or anything could've mentioned something regarding the deciding factors of which Pokemon are to get Mega. It's so frustrating to speculate from nothing. GF or anyone could've given us subtle hints of the potential candidates but no they give us nothing. It ticks me off big time! Like seeing these powerful Pokemon getting Mega for no justifiable reason rather than being "popular" Pokemon is quite vexing..

It just leaves us coming up a wishlist of Pokemon hoping for a Mega form rather than a discussion of Mega pokes that potentially be one had they given us some form of hints..

The only hints we have gotten was no Kalos Pokemon would get a Mega evolution and that not all pokes are capable of Mega Evolution which still leads us to nothing..

#endrant #cantwaitforoctober12 #lol

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I just wish someone or anything could've mentioned something regarding the deciding factors of which Pokemon are to get Mega. It's so frustrating to speculate from nothing. GF or anyone could've given us subtle hints of the potential candidates but no they give us nothing. It ticks me off big time! Like seeing these powerful Pokemon getting Mega for no justifiable reason rather than being "popular" Pokemon is quite vexing..

It just leaves us coming up a wishlist of Pokemon hoping for a Mega form rather than a discussion of Mega pokes that potentially be one had they given us some form of hints..

The only hints we have gotten was no Kalos Pokemon would get a Mega evolution and that not all pokes are capable of Mega Evolution which still leads us to nothing..

"The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance."

Eeveemaster

Thanks for the link.. I was t aware of this fact..

WOW what a slapped in the face... So it seems like there is a 50% of chance that the long forgotten terrible Pokemon will never see the light of being Megafied unless their visual appearance is as graceful as Absol or Ampharos..

Such bias.. Wasted opportunity for irrelevant Pokemon becoming more relevant and usable just went down the drain.. I hate popularity based option..

Ditto24

Thanks for the link.. I was t aware of this fact..

WOW what a slapped in the face... So it seems like there is a 50% of chance that the long forgotten terrible Pokemon will never see the light of being Megafied unless their visual appearance is as graceful as Absol or Ampharos..

Such bias.. Wasted opportunity for irrelevant Pokemon becoming more relevant and usable just went down the drain.. I hate popularity based option..

I think you might be looking at the 'visual' bit wrong. It could be saying that if GF think a Pokemon is visually lacking or bland then they will give it a Mega Evo to revamp it, that's what I think they did for the Kanto starters. It's kind of like 'If we were to design these Pokemon now this is how we would do it'.

Eeveemaster

I think you might be looking at the 'visual' bit wrong. It could be saying that if GF think a Pokemon is visually lacking or bland then they will give it a Mega Evo to revamp it, that's what I think they did for the Kanto starters. It's kind of like 'If we were to design these Pokemon now this is how we would do it'.

Well in the interview of Polygon with Masuda he mentioned that they wanted to include the original starters in the game but then they realized that the starters are a great way to promote Mega Evolution for nostalgic reasons.. Or something along the lines. So I don't think my assumption of the visual is completely wrong.. They gave Mega evolution for starters because they hold a special place into their hearts.. Way else Absol and Ampharos have gotten mega if it weren't for their visual appeal?

Anyway, I don't really care that much anymore though.. Because of this news I am not looking forward to Mega Pokemon news with the same amount of excitement and gusto..

Last edited:

Ditto24

Well in the interview of Polygon with Masuda he mentioned that they wanted to include the original starters in the game but then they realized that the starters are a great way to promote Mega Evolution for nostalgic reasons.. Or something along the lines. So I don't think my assumption of the visual is completely wrong.. They gave Mega evolution for starters because they hold a special place into their hearts.. Way else Absol and Ampharos have gotten mega if it weren't for their visual appeal?

Anyway, I don't really care that much anymore though.. Because of this news I am not looking forward to Mega Pokemon news with the same amount of excitement and gusto..

Well I'd say Absol and Ampharos are quite bland too, they look more interesting now. It just seems like you're disappointed about something coz it looks like you're seeing the worst in things that all :(

BurningWhiteKyurem

Likely because they are underwhelming Pokemon on their own aka Game Balance.

Also, I don't think starters got it solely for nostalgia, they had to have taken into account how popular 1st gen starters were in Pokemon's golden age.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Well, let's see what Pokes fall under those 3 categories.
The ones that have got Mega forms so far seem okay to me, so maybe we'll get a few of the wanted MegaEvolutions.
Personally hoping for MegaSharpedo and MegaMarowak.

Eeveemaster

Well I'd say Absol and Ampharos are quite bland too, they look more interesting now. It just seems like you're disappointed about something coz it looks like you're seeing the worst in things that all :(

Awe dude I am not. It's just that the way GF's criteria for Mega Pokes.. It's biased. They chose to make popular Pokemon to stay or become even more popular and leaving unpopular ones into the depth of oblivion.. I believe mega evolution was such a great opportunity to revamped terrible Pokemon such as Dunsparce, Delibird, Corsola, Delcatty, Lapras, Luvdisc and a whole lot more if they were to get mega but then seeing as GF chose to give Mega evolution to popular ones was such a disappointment of choice they made. But whatever of course they want to make the mjaority of fans happy.

PsychoIncarnate

One interesting thing is:

5. The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
Does that mean they get EV's as well, OR does that mean you don't get EV's from battle anymore?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Does that mean they get EV's as well, OR does that mean you don't get EV's from battle anymore?

I'm not sure. While I would like it if they removed EV gain through battle, I could swear that I read an interview recently which said that the old EV system would still be in place and that Super Training was intended for those less familiar with the usual EV training methods. However, I have unfortunately been unable to locate that interview.

PsychoIncarnate

I'm not sure. While I would like it if they removed EV gain through battle, I could swear that I read an interview recently which said that the old EV system would still be in place and that Super Training was intended for those less familiar with the usual EV training methods. However, I have unfortunately been unable to locate that interview.

I'd hate to be EV training one pokemon, and then EXP all gives them to ALL of my pokemon

It could just be that EXP all doesn't give EV's

I wonder if EXP Share is still going to be in the game along with EXP ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.