• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke11

It would definitely force some tough decisions. I only have one steel type and am about to take a draco meteor from Hydreigon, should I switch in my Mawile or should I wait until everything gets wiped to power her up.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I was just throwing a random number out there. The lowest amount of new pokemon i believe was Johto, and that was 99. I just hope the megapokes don't count as new pokemon in the dex, and we get around 110-120. Basically i don't want gyms and the elite four to be like Sinnoh's elite four (Ex. Flint with the 2 onixes)

100 if you count Celebi. But I think they wouldn't take dex space. They are the same Pokemon, but in a different form, so I think it will just show up under Forms in the Dex. And Bruno was the one with the two Onix. Flint had the Lopunny, Steelix and Drifblim, but that was because there was only two fire types in all of DP. I think they've learned their lesson about that.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
MegaKangaskhan looks cool with the baby taking part in the battle as well. But with the ability of attacking twice in one turn it could make for an OP combo in some cases.

I doubt they'll take up dex space, probably just be on the forms section or whatever.
That's what i'm hoping for, and believe will ultimately happen. On a different note, regardless of what you think (not the guy i'm quoting but everyone here in general) you have to praise GameFreak this generation for changing the game. New Type + Mega Evolutions sure makes things a whole lot more interesting game.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
That Mega Kangaskhan ability sounds cheap as hell... all attacks can hit twice? Oh man XD

Which leads to the point again why Megavolution might be OP as hell. But then again, Kanghaskan doesn't have THAT high of an attack stat, so I think it's fair.

EDIT: Dammit, forgot about Giga Impact. ._.

Ditto24

MegaKangaskhan can have double Double-Hit and double Double-Edge xD

Loving this. Double Fake-Out will be nice if it can transform at the very beginning of battle but that's yet to be determined.

dman_dustin

I doubt they'll take up dex space, probably just be on the forms section or whatever.

Sure, but dex space =/= programming space.

I'm not sure if an altered model is any real different than a normal model.

But I think at the least it takes just as much space, and include shinies into that, and that's a lot of space.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
That's what i'm hoping for, and believe will ultimately happen. On a different note, regardless of what you think (not the guy i'm quoting but everyone here in general) you have to praise GameFreak this generation for changing the game. New Type + Mega Evolutions sure makes things a whole lot more interesting game.

It also opens possibilities of new things to look forward to in future generations. Now we have new Pokemon, new evolutions, and even new Mega Evolutions to look forward to.

Naito

I was just throwing a random number out there. The lowest amount of new pokemon i believe was Johto, and that was 99. I just hope the megapokes don't count as new pokemon in the dex, and we get around 110-120. Basically i don't want gyms and the elite four to be like Sinnoh's elite four (Ex. Flint with the 2 onixes)

You don't see Giratina's origin form takin another slot in dex, so I highly doubt there will be happening anything like this now.
And there were 100 not 99 pokemon in Johto.

By the way, not sure if anyone noticed, but in the revelation video of Mega Kangaskhan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzxXUPt4DY) you see that it battles a Conkeldurr. Mega Kangaskhan's name in the battle is only Kangaskhan, without the Mega-prefix. This was kind of obvious though, after the info we've had so far, but just in case someone was unsure about it, it's now confirmed.

Ditto24

Sure, but dex space =/= programming space.

I'm not sure if an altered model is any real different than a normal model.

But I think at the least it takes just as much space, and include shinies into that, and that's a lot of space.

I mean it won't have it's own National Dex number, not actual memory space.

XGallade

I just realized an obvious counter to mega pokemon: Thief/Knock Off
No mega stone, no mega form ;o

In any case, I just want my Mega Flygon and Mega Gallade plx. If that happens I'd die from happiness.

R_N

You don't see Giratina's origin form takin another slot in dex, so I highly doubt there will be happening anything like this now.
And there were 100 not 99 pokemon in Johto.

Yeah, even though GameFreak does technically consider form(e)s distinct Pokemon, they are never counted towards the Pokedex count or the new generation's total Pokemon

Ditto24

In any case, I just want my Mega Flygon and Mega Gallade plx. If that happens I'd die from happiness.

They might make the moves fail, Knock Off and stuff don't work on Giratina or Shaymin iirc.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't take away the plate from an Arceus, so I think Mega Pokemon will be the same.

They might make the moves fail, Knock Off and stuff don't work on Giratina or Shaymin iirc.

And that.

igotmilk

Miltank Trainer
GIVE ME MEGAMILTANK GF! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER! I have an idea too!

Ever here of the nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle"? The cow jumps over the moon. I would love to see something based off of that.

MegaMiltank grows a small pair of bird wings on its back, along with a few other minor changes to its pattern. It gains any of these abilities: Serene Grace, Levitate, or Super Luck. It becomes normal/flying or normal/fairy based off of the special ability they choose. If MegMiltank is flying it will have access to some flying moves only when it is in this form.

MAKE ME HAPPY AND GIVE ME A MEGA EVOLUTION FOR MY FAVORITE POKEMON! <3

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
Kanghaskan is now a total b!tch in my opinion. Giga Impact + Mega Abillity = Blissey is dead

Ditto24

GIVE ME MEGAMILTANK GF! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER! I have an idea too!

Ever here of the nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle"? The cow jumps over the moon. I would love to see something based off of that.

MegaMiltank grows a small pair of bird wings on its back, along with a few other minor changes to its pattern. It gains any of these abilities: Serene Grace, Levitate, or Super Luck.

MAKE ME HAPPY AND GIVE ME A MEGA EVOLUTION FOR MY FAVORITE POKEMON! <3

I think MegaMiltank would just get a bigger udder and her ability is Milk Drink and heals 50% HP at the end of every turn o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.