• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Anyone has a link of picture that confirms Mega Gyarados type?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
So, I guess no new Megas since those Balloons? ^^ Not even, Another Mega Balloon? Aww.

Also, can IGN write about leaks like that? ._.

IGN's article seems to just be a collection of the leaks (which is odd considering that this should be embargoed...), which you can tell from the missing MegaGyarados ability, so I wouldn't count this as the full list.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
IGN's article seems to just be a collection of the leaks (which is odd considering that this should be embargoed...), which you can tell from the missing MegaGyarados ability, so I wouldn't count this as the full list.

Oh, I know it's not the full list of all Megas there is. XD I just meant, I didn't Think they would dare to talk about leaks like that. Especially now.

Masterofknees

Never mind no Aggronite - no Aggron *period* thus far. Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but people gotta' accept the fact that they're just balloons. They're confirmation of squat.

Now come join me in my glass case of emotion after discovering Mega Scizor was debunked, T^T

There's 3 very comfortable and undiscovered spots in the Mountain Dex right behind Tyranitar and his buddies, I'm sure Aggron and co. wants to chill out there, possibly only in the X version of the game since Josh and the SA leaker both had Y.

Btw, didn't the guy who leaked 5th Gen say there was a Mega Scizor? In that case, it's as good as confirmed, especially if the Elite Four all use Megas as rumored too.

Rakurai

I really hope Mega Gyarados gets some manner of new move that makes it actually worth having Dark as its secondary type for reasons other then it no longer being guaranteed to get OHKO'd by Electric attacks.

Scizor Prime

Bullet Punch!
I really hope Mega Gyarados gets some manner of new move that makes it actually worth having Dark as its secondary type for reasons other then it no longer being guaranteed to get OHKO'd by Electric attacks.

I'm sure he will love stab crunch :) or maybe a new, more powerful dark physical move

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Btw, didn't the guy who leaked 5th Gen say there was a Mega Scizor? In that case, it's as good as confirmed, especially if the Elite Four all use Megas as rumored too.

He did, but he also said that we'd be getting 90 Pokémon and Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting starters along with (possibly?) denying the Pokebeach rumor. So his credibility's in question.

Oh, I know it's not the full list of all Megas there is. XD I just meant, I didn't Think they would dare to talk about leaks like that. Especially now.

Ah, I misunderstood, sorry. ^^;

Yeah, I'm as confused as you are, I'd think IGN would be worried Nintendo would drop the hammer on them.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
He did, but he also said that we'd be getting 90 Pokémon and Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting starters along with (possibly?) denying the Pokebeach rumor. So his credibility's in question.

Ah, I misunderstood, sorry. ^^;

Yeah, I'm as confused as you are, I'd think IGN would be worried Nintendo would drop the hammer on them.

lol, no worries. *adds -10 on Reputation*

Hehe. But yeah, I mean, Serebii known good enough to not post the leaks, it'd odd for IGN to dare to do that. Maybe they are 'too big' for Nintendo to 'take down'? Or maybe they were kinda IGNorant this time.

greninjamaster

Never mind no Aggronite - no Aggron *period* thus far. Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but people gotta' accept the fact that they're just balloons. They're confirmation of squat.

Now come join me in my glass case of emotion after discovering Mega Scizor was debunked, T^T

How was it debunked? I haven't heard any confirmation of that.

As for the other meteor stones they haven't been found because the leakers have no idea where to look in the first place. They're focused on completing the game more so over finding all the stones.

They're confirmation that the mega forms are in the game, that the pokemon do have mega forms. Which is enough for me ATM. Besides they were on the trademark list.

So, I guess no new Megas since those Balloons? ^^ Not even, Another Mega Balloon? Aww.

Also, can IGN write about leaks like that? ._.

IGN's article is just a round up of all the spoilers. They wouldn't dare leak the rest of the megas. You don't want Nintendo as your enemy particularly if you're in the gaming industry.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

The Blazikenite comes with the Event Torchic.
How do we obtain the other Mega Stones, excluding the Lucarionite and the Kanto starter stones?

Some people have been given mega stones of other pokemon like Gengar after certain events in the game.

Whereas others are scattered in different places like the Aereodactyl one underneath a rock. It varies which is why I'm certain that the leakers have missed many mega stones because they have no idea where to even start.

Jaxero

I think Nintendo will add more Mega-Evolutions forward... Some day we'll be able to mega-evolve all the Pokémon... I bet that.

Rakurai

I really hope they balanced out the number of Mega Evolutions per gen. Giving priority to the first gen is logical, but I think it only deserves maybe twice as many as the others at most.

For reference, the numbers so far (Including X/Y forms) are:

Gen 1:10
Gen 2: 2
Gen 3: 5
Gen 4: 3
Gen 5: 0...

Evil Elf

Sand Burial Trainer
So... The Mega-stones are kind of like a catalyst for mega evolutions? Like say... You want your Eevee to evolve to a Flareon, not Leafeon, you use a Fire Stone; Whereas on Mewtwo/Charizard and any other confirmed dual mega forms, do you use the particular stone on the game and trade around the X version? Or is it just a stone that changes the pokemon according to which cart the pokemon is on? Or am I miss reading this slightly to it being a held item? How many Mega forms are there going to be? Every max evolution? Or just starters and select few others, ie: Made itself known via Smash Bros. or various other titles (not sure if there are or not, but you catch my drift).

Say we can use a X only Megastone on Charizard, can we use the Y only stone as well? Allowing for a pop-up list of Mega evolutions?

This potentially has the ability to mess with a lot of teams, people are going to really have to consider which cart they play on if they don't have the ability to get both, or are limited to which Mega they want. Not saying it's a bad thing, honestly, I just want Mega Tyranitar to get fighting/steel immunity or resistance at least, would make my team easier to manage, or even Mega Cloyster O_O (Skill link isn't beast enough).

Bluemage21

So... The Mega-stones are kind of like a catalyst for mega evolutions? Like say... You want your Eevee to evolve to a Flareon, not Leafeon, you use a Fire Stone; Whereas on Mewtwo/Charizard and any other confirmed dual mega forms, do you use the particular stone on the game and trade around the X version? Or is it just a stone that changes the pokemon according to which cart the pokemon is on? Or am I miss reading this slightly to it being a held item? How many Mega forms are there going to be? Every max evolution? Or just starters and select few others, ie: Made itself known via Smash Bros. or various other titles (not sure if there are or not, but you catch my drift).

Say we can use a X only Megastone on Charizard, can we use the Y only stone as well? Allowing for a pop-up list of Mega evolutions?

This potentially has the ability to mess with a lot of teams, people are going to really have to consider which cart they play on if they don't have the ability to get both, or are limited to which Mega they want. Not saying it's a bad thing, honestly, I just want Mega Tyranitar to get fighting/steel immunity or resistance at least, would make my team easier to manage, or even Mega Cloyster O_O (Skill link isn't beast enough).

The stones that have two different versions have x or y next to their names, yes you can trade them and yes they are held items.

Bluemage21

Rakurai

At this point, I'm starting to get really concerned about the number of Mega Evolutions in the game when considering that there's numerous people who've had it for a few days now, yet we haven't even gotten confirmation of any new Mega Stones since then.

Unless they're tied to weekly events or suddenly made available after some key event, I'm having trouble imaging how they could be so difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.