• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Apparently, Mega Gardevoir has 175 SpAtt + 100 Speed. None other Fairies will matter with this thing around...

As mentioned before, its defense is crap. Most Dragons are physical, they'll faint it quick.

shadowF

do you guys think a mega gallade can come in too? also do you think only female gardevoirs can megaevolve?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

You took it too literal, I was talking metaphorically.

Defense is 80 so Scizor could take it out relatively quickly(technician bullet punch with super-effective) but yeah mega Gardevoir is terrifying to anything not steel or poison, but mega Gengar has 170 Special Attack and 130 speed with shadow tag so yeah...

Psychic still owns Poison though, so those two are at a standstill:
- Poison > Fairy
- Psychic > Poison
- Ghost > Psychic
- Fairy = Ghost

But Scizor will take it out, so no biggie.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
do you guys think a mega gallade can come in too? also do you think only female gardevoirs can megaevolve?

I will feel bad for the male gardevoir if he mega evolves into ballroom gardevoir...

Locormus

Arxeon

As mentioned before, its defense is crap. Most Dragons are physical, they'll faint it quick.
At least they can't use outrage on Gardevoir since Fairy is immune to dragon

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

They have other ways to deal with it though, Gardevoir is not physically bulky and Dragons are geared towards that stats so really, a good Earthquake or otherwise could faint it (especially if its steel or poison).

Locormus

EQ, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, should I continue?

Bluemage21

What Dragons ACTUALLY use Aerial Ace or night slash? plus She can be switched in on a Choice bander or outrage easily.

Arxeon

I'd hit it with an outrage before anything but now they cant which could be useful if they start one you can switch in while it is outraging mega evolve and go for broke

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
What Dragons ACTUALLY use Aerial Ace or night slash? plus She can be switched in on a Choice bander or outrage easily.

I'd hit it with an outrage before anything but now they cant which could be useful if they start one you can switch in while it is outraging mega evolve and go for broke

Outrage and (I believe) Choice attacks stop on an immunity, they could switch to a different move.

Arxeon

Outrage and (I believe) Choice attacks stop on an immunity, they could switch to a different move.
How would we know if outrage did nothing was immune to Dragon before XD I know what you mean though I'll do a quick search
Choice attacks don't stop on an immunity from what i've read

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
How would we know if outrage did nothing was immune to Dragon before XD I know what you mean though I'll do a quick search
Choice attacks don't stop on an immunity from what i've read

Thrash is Outrage as a normal type move, when used on Ghost types the move just stops and the user can pick something else. Outrage would probably work the same way.

Arxeon

Thrash is Outrage as a normal type move, when used on Ghost types the move just stops and the user can pick something else. Outrage would probably work the same way.
Ah I see I've always thought that was weird though even if an attack doesnt hit they should keep thrashing IMO

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
What was the point of nerfing it?
Wasn't even remotely overpowered.

You could have something like a Jolteon with Hidden Power Ice but it only has 40 Power. Or Hidden Power Electric with 70 Power. See where I'm going? Now we don't have to worry about a crappy power. And 60 Power is still good. Technician users will love it and they don't need to sacrifice so much IVs for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.