• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

So what amazing type combination &/or ability do you think Mega Heracross will get because god knows Pinsir can't get ahead in any way

What? No! Why would they make him into the worst type of all pokemon!?!

It's not so bad once you figure he gets his flying type AFTER he's already switched in.

absolfusion

Soon.......
Mega Pinsir = Beetleborgs (Anyone remember that?)

Anyways, I am "iffy" about the typing, but hopefully it might be good for Pinsir, we'll see.

Aerilate can essentially turn double-edge into brave bird. This thing is gonna mess **** up

TRG

Return is going to be deadly on Mega Pinsir, or even worse, Double Edge.

In an unrelated note I like your Y team... Looks like you and I have good taste.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So what amazing type combination &/or ability do you think Mega Heracross will get because god knows Pinsir can't get ahead in any way
Bug/Steel with Flash Fire, obviously.

Or more obviously Bug/Fighting with Martialite, which turns Normal-type moves into Fighting-type moves. Gotta get that STAB Return as a replacement for Close Combat.

Underachiever007

This might seem a tad mean, but I sort of hope MegaHeracross stays Bug/Fighting so that Pinsir can mess it up.

So from what i can see Maybe a Mega Lapras....cus you are givin one Maybe Nintendo is giving most old pokemon with no evolutions megas ie Pinsir Heracross absol mawile MEGA KECLEON!

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Never really cared for Pinsir, but Mega!Pinsir looks pretty intimidating, and I like the wings. So we have Pixilate, Refrigerate and now Aerilate as abilities that change Normal moves to another type... I'd imagine we're getting more of those with later Mega evos. Looking forward to possibly seeing a Dark or Fire-type one~

Incidentally, that trademark list... Mega!Houndoom, the Latis and perhaps Sceptile are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. Assuming everything on the list is getting a Mega evo...

An00bis

Wicked Witch

Bug / Fighting (better typing), 130-ish speed (faster), and an ability that gives the STAB bonus to every attack it uses

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't look like Kabuterimon

PsychoIncarnate

If I had been making the game, I would have made him Bug/ Dark

Think about it, his rival is scyther. Scyther got a steel upgrade in gold and silver. The OTHER type added that gen was dark

So he should have been dark

Underachiever007

Aggron is a little worse imo: he doesn't get stab head smashes anymore, and he takes recoil from them

Mega Aggron seems to be designed to be more of a wall than anything else. It gets a defensive ability and, while it gains a weakness to fire, it loses both its damning 4x weaknesses. I could see it becoming a very popular defensive Poke.

Leafseal

Fear the Foliage
Pinsir looks pretty cool, to bad it got such a bad type combo

I'm just hoping to god there's a mega snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.