• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza17

Hey guys, I want to EV train my adamant Banette for Mega form, but not sure what EV spread would be good. Any suggestions? Also, does anybody know Mega Bannettes base stats yet?

ECM

I'd love it if they find more mega evolutions in the game. Or even if they release DLC ones from gens V and VI.

Although I am extremely happy about the games (understatement) There are some Pokémon that I feel really should have gotten mega evolutions. Machamp, Golem, Kingdra, and gen V Pokémon, just to name a few.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think they may do an update and release more mega stones when pokemon bank is out

I don't see how that'll help, since we can't transfer items through pokémon bank

Shraeder

It's Lit
I don't see how that'll help, since we can't transfer items through pokémon bank

Transfer Pokemon from BW to X and Y through Pokemon Bank so that you can Mega Evolve them...

So far I have found: Manectite, Abomasite, Lucarionite, Blazikenite, Charizardite X, Mawilite, Absolite, Tyranitarite, Gyaradosite, Mewtwonite X, Pinsirite, Gengarite, and Aerodactylite. Also, I know where to find Scizorite, Garchompite, Gardevoirite, Kangaskhanite, and Venusaurite/Blastoiseite. So all I'm missing are the Y exclusives, the ones I haven't got to, and Bannettite, Ampharosite, Alakazite, and Medichamite.

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
I'm not sure if there's a way to get this, but i saw this sparkling at the beachline South of Ambrette town, and I don't know if this might be a mega stone or just an item because it won't let me pick it up.

Edit: I just realized it was an item I couldn't pick up -_-

I just saw what your talking about. I tried the fishing rod, but that didn't work. Anyone figured out how to get this? Also, does it appear outside of the 8-9PM time? (It's currently 8PM on my game.)

Kataphrut

The one thing I hate about mega evolutions is that practically all of the mega stones are only available post-game. I understand that they want to add some stuff for after defeating the Elite 4, but what's the point of promoting mega evolutions if you can only access less than half of them through the main story?

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating. I reckon Mega Stones should have been a rare quantity rather than unique items. Maybe they could be sold at a high price at some unique vendor or found randomly underground like the plates in D & P. As it stands, I can't even get the Mega form for Gardevoir without trading even though I've had it since the first gym.

rocky505

Mega Charizard X is a beast lol. I fully EV trained an Adamant Charmander I got from Sycamore on X. I wish the Aron line weren't so late in the game too. I really wanted to use Mega Aggron on X after trading my stone over from Y.

Astus

A lot of the Mega evolutions are ugly to be honest (Manectric comes to mind). The selection process was a bit weird too (Manectric comes to mind again). Some pokemon that got them honestly should have gotten proper evolutions instead (Mawile, Absol).

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Have anyone found any mega evolutions that wasn't revealed yet?

Shraeder

It's Lit
A lot of the Mega evolutions are ugly to be honest (Manectric comes to mind). The selection process was a bit weird too (Manectric comes to mind again). Some pokemon that got them honestly should have gotten proper evolutions instead (Mawile, Absol).

I agree with the proper evolution thing, but I honestly like the design of Mega Manectric. The ones I dislike are Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, especially with Mega Heracross's useless ability.

My favorite Megas(I have a lot lol) are Mega Blaziken, Mega Charizard X/Y, Mega lucario, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Mega Manectric/Houndoom, and Mega Tyranitar(btw I will trade a Lairon(F) for a Larvitar/Pupitar)

Rakurai

I'm kind of confused as to why Mega Garchomp got lowered speed when Mega Tyranitar apparently has absolutely no drawbacks to its mega form (Aside from the item restriction), getting a boost in attack, speed, and both defenses.

PrinceB

Prince of Justica
Waiting for mega-gallade! Would laugh sooooo hard if he got type change to fairy/fighting. Hopefully he'd get boosted speed.

beetredknob

Troll of Tanas
I think we are all forgetting something important. Mega Gengar is white! Your argument is now invalid.

I wish there was more info on the shinies this gen, i'm foaming at the mouth and serebii has next to nothing when it comes to shiny sprites of gen 6 pokes and megas.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
I've started using a Mega-Dactyl as my lead and I'll be honest.... he's pretty damn impressive. I actually have a sword-dance Venusaur on the same team so people have to guess where the megastone is. Loving all the strategies they are adding. :D

I wish there was more info on the shinies this gen, i'm foaming at the mouth and serebii has next to nothing when it comes to shiny sprites of gen 6 pokes and megas.

Someone over at smogon has been compiling a list of the new shinies. Most are really impressive this Gen. Particularly Charizard X. I can PM you the link if you want.

GeneralDarkkis

Alien lord
These mega evolutions are cool indeed. Actually all my favourites (Mewtwo, Houndoom and Garchomp) got megas, so I'm very happy with them! When I first saw Mega Mewtwo Y, I was like "yuck, Mewtwo looked better in its original form" but now I like Mewtwos both Mega forms as I've used them too and noticed they're not so bad. Especially as I have a Mewtwo which has its attack, sp attack and sp def IVs maxed. Simply awesome!

Too bad Mega Houndoom didn't really get its defenses raised and it really works out in sunshine... It's embarrassing to see it faint with one aqua tail from a wild Floazel (if there's no sunshine, I meant). D:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The ones I dislike are Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, especially with Mega Heracross's useless ability.

It actually gets multi-hit moves now, not just Pin Missile and Arm Thrust, but Bullet Seed and Rock Blast as well. Much like Avalugg, they forced it to work, instead of expecting it to work.

I'm kind of confused as to why Mega Garchomp got lowered speed when Mega Tyranitar apparently has absolutely no drawbacks to its mega form (Aside from the item restriction), getting a boost in attack, speed, and both defenses.

Probably the fact that Tyranitar dies to Low Kick helps in that regard, to the point that Assault Jacket Tyranitar is considered superior(in fact, I don't think there are much sets Mega Tyranitar can do better than regular Tyranitar especially with the weather nerf, though Mega Tyranitar will probably still be superior in bulky offense Sandstorm teams, which is nice for me).

And Garchomp's speed drop doesn't even matter since Megas keep their original speed in the first turn.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Can any stones, used for the mega evolution, be stolen (Thief) from in-game trainers?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Can any stones, used for the mega evolution, be stolen (Thief) from in-game trainers?

They can't. Magic Room and Embargo don't effect Mega Evolution either.

Status
Not open for further replies.