• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I think they should keep less Pokemon with mega evolutions. To my understanding only 26 pokemon can mega evolve. If they add anymore I think they would be pushing it but I wouldn't mind at least 50 ME's. I say do these mega evolutions with these abilities and types:

Kelceon - Forecast
Mightyena - Fur Coat (Dark/Ghost)
Meganium/Sceptile - Harvest (Grass/Dragon)
Heatran - Magnet Pull
Snorlax - Marvel Scale (Normal/Fairy)
Milotic - Multi Scale (Water/Dragon)
Mew - Wonder Guard (Changes to Dark/Ghost)
Raichu - Swift Swim (Electric/Water)

Yeah, sorry, but none of those Mega Evolutions make any sense.
I mean, Dark/Ghost Mew with Wonder Gueard is something that will never happen, even if it is susceptible to Fairy, Toxic, Sandstorm, etc.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Mega Mewtwo seems to be overpowered to me.

I mean, not only it's base stats is a whooping 780, but it's moveset is very good. If you send in a Ghost type or a Dark type, Mega Mewtwo X and/or Y can destroy them with Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball. It almost seems to me that a level 100 Mega Mewtwo can defeat any Pokemon including Legendaries and dominate any trainers in the game.

Rakurai

It's meant to be overpowered.

It's still not as hard of a hitter as a Life Orb or Choice Specs Mewtwo, though, and Y can realistically be OHKO'd by a decently strong Dark type packing Sucker Punch.

rocky505

I find Mewtwo X deadlier than Y. The things can take hits from the physical side better. Plus it gets stab on fighting moves and is no longer weaker to dark types.

Gampi

ガンピ
I think they should keep less Pokemon with mega evolutions. To my understanding only 26 pokemon can mega evolve. If they add anymore I think they would be pushing it but I wouldn't mind at least 50 ME's. I say do these mega evolutions with these abilities and types:

Kelceon - Forecast
Heatran - Magnet Pull

The only one of these that actually makes sense is Mega!Milotic, the rest are ridiculously outlandish.

By the way, am I the only person who thinks that if a Pokémon Z is announced, we'll be seeing 4 new Megas [for the Elite Four because why not].

Gampi

ガンピ
If we get more Megas, Gallade needs one. Why does Gardevoir get one, but not him? So unfair.

Sorta the same situation with Mawile and Sableye, who are both regarded as counterparts to each other. Though then again, both Gallade and Sableye are actually useful even without Megas.

Shiny Budew

I think it would be interesting to see Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper, for an evolutionary arms race. Same with Durant and Heatmor.

Although I'd be surprised if they did get Megas, I don't think they are that popular.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I think it would be interesting to see Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper, for an evolutionary arms race. Same with Durant and Heatmor.

Although I'd be surprised if they did get Megas, I don't think they are that popular.

In terms of popularity, Zangoose and Seviper are more likely to gain an ME than Durant or Heatmor.

Rio!

Composer

Kelceon - Forecast
Heatran - Magnet Pull

Kecleon- Why Forecast when nothing about the Pokemon interacts with weather in the first place?
Mightyena- Furfrou does it better; it'll still get KO'd relatively easily
Snorlax- Scratching my head here; REALLY wouldn't want to give up what he already does best in exchange for two more weaknesses
Milotic- Makes sense
Mew- I highly doubt GF will flat-out drop a typing and cover it with two completely different ones.
Raichu- This just seems flat out random, sorry. It would almost make slightly more sense for Bibarrel to have Swift Swim. Nothing about Raichu even suggests it being tied to water in any way.
Heatran- Could possibly work in a situational position with trapping and KOing steels with Fire Blast/Lava Plume
Meganium- 4x Ice weakness wouldn't really do much for it, really. Although Harvest could be helpful.
Sceptile- This poor guy probably wouldn't be able to live long enough to be able to make proper use of this due to his defenses.

PR0F3550R_B055

P0K3M0N PR0F3550R
Most of the mega evolutions are awesome, gaining extra typing, stat boosts, abilities, etc;
I'm ALWAYS using Mega Mawile though... it's a BEAST! I can't find any other pokemon that only has 2 weaknesses, has intimidate to cut opponents attack before mega evolving, has great defenses, and has an already high 105 Base Attack AND HUGE POWER! Throw that in my trick room team and you get one thing, victory.

diakyu

Not all megas are due to popularity so it's still possible.

i want my Metagross to get a mega :3

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Mightyena- Furfrou does it better; it'll still get KO'd relatively easily
Actually if they gave a MegaMightyena Fur Coat and Dark/Ghost typing, it would very likely use Fur Coat better than Furfrou because Mightyena already has higher base Defence than Furfrou and would likely receive a boost in Defence, it would have two more resistances, actually have a resistance (albeit only one to Poison) and, this is a big one, can Intimidate upon switching in while still Mightyena. Still probably not take too much to KO it, but just food for thought.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
A mega Mightyena would be cool, but what would it look like? More fluffy? (I do like fluffy Pokemon...) or would it be really cool like Houndoom?
I'd love to see a Milotic mega, Milotic can be hard when used correctly and it being the beauty Pokemon... seeing it get more beautiful would be awesome, would it not?

But some Pokemon shouldn't get megas, especially Deoxys... its stats were too over powered and which is why Mewtwo got a mega so he could become the ultimate Pokemon again, stat wise.
I do agree though, with starters getting megas, as they are everyone's (should be, there are people who store them in boxes) special Pokemon. Making your beloved first Pokemon more awesome and more useable (I'd love to see mega Infernape, as Chimchar was my first Pokemon way back in 2007)

Roughneck JB

If Mega Mew was introduced, I'd be pushing for Protean. You know it makes sense! :p

Mega Castform would be appreciated, too. Ideally, with all his base stats going from 70 to 100, but they probably wouldn't go with such an extreme boost.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
A mega Mightyena would be cool, but what would it look like? More fluffy? (I do like fluffy Pokemon...) or would it be really cool like Houndoom?
I'd love to see a Milotic mega, Milotic can be hard when used correctly and it being the beauty Pokemon... seeing it get more beautiful would be awesome, would it not?

But some Pokemon shouldn't get megas, especially Deoxys... its stats were too over powered and which is why Mewtwo got a mega so he could become the ultimate Pokemon again, stat wise.
I do agree though, with starters getting megas, as they are everyone's (should be, there are people who store them in boxes) special Pokemon. Making your beloved first Pokemon more awesome and more useable (I'd love to see mega Infernape, as Chimchar was my first Pokemon way back in 2007)

How so Deoxys instead of Arceus?

I mean, think about it.
Does it really make sense for an even furhter mutated cloned lab experiment to be more powerful than the creator of Time, Space, and Antimatter?

And that while Deoxys never was more powerfull than Mewtwo to begin with.

I still demand Mega Masquerain, but now also Mega Bronzong and Mega Claydol, for some reason.

Starlightt

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Most of the mega evolutions are awesome, gaining extra typing, stat boosts, abilities, etc;
I'm ALWAYS using Mega Mawile though... it's a BEAST! I can't find any other pokemon that only has 2 weaknesses, has intimidate to cut opponents attack before mega evolving, has great defenses, and has an already high 105 Base Attack AND HUGE POWER! Throw that in my trick room team and you get one thing, victory.

Azumarill is just as good. Not better. But a good replacement for Mawile since Ground and Fire are super effective.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm actually laughing at the possible Kangaskhanite ban.
Don't get me wrong, it's really good but not broken. #Noban

Status
Not open for further replies.