• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minecraft

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
decided to try the Xbox 360 version of Micecraft because my computer cant run Minecraft.

played about 2 hours and i honestly dont see the big deal. first world was all desert and no trees. 2nd was trees for miles but no room to build anything because of the trees. my current one is fine so far, but i have no idea what to do.

maybe i just need games with objectives and quests like borderlands or fallout 3.

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
decided to try the Xbox 360 version of Micecraft because my computer cant run Minecraft.

played about 2 hours and i honestly dont see the big deal. first world was all desert and no trees. 2nd was trees for miles but no room to build anything because of the trees. my current one is fine so far, but i have no idea what to do.

maybe i just need games with objectives and quests like borderlands or fallout 3.
Build, survive, fail the second part and retry. Then find the strong hold and the enderdragon.

woot21 out dawgs

Serebii!

I recently bought Minecraft, I played it with everything on the lowest possible settings for about 20 minutes then without warning my computer crashes, I'm going to try and get a better computer

Firesoul

Fire in the dark...

Aurath8

Just build an axe and clear the trees. I'll admit that forests are incredibly annoying to traverse unless you just jump from tree to tree. I actually ended up building a road straight through a forest once.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I recently bought the 360 disc game, and I'll admit, I'm having fun, sure I'm just playing around with redstone right now, but I've only played the PE version. So this is all new to me. :) and wtf are ghasts? Those things are frikkin weird. 0_-

Any tips for a sort if beginner? :)

Firesoul

Fire in the dark...
I recently bought the 360 disc game, and I'll admit, I'm having fun, sure I'm just playing around with redstone right now, but I've only played the PE version. So this is all new to me. :) and wtf are ghasts? Those things are frikkin weird. 0_-

Any tips for a sort if beginner? :)

Gehalts shoot Fireballs and of in survival can only be Killed by hitting the fireball back.

Aurath8

The Horse update was an absolute blessing. I've decided to do my own cartography quest, aiming to map as much of the world as possible at least a few kilometres in every direction. Previously I considered a railway network since walking is too slow and trying to sprint all the time is annoying when there are hills everywhere. Horses are just what I needed since you move about 5 times faster on them than on foot and don't require the ridiculous amounts of iron a railway network needs and you can move freely and you can still wield weapons and you can jump across ravines and you can run through dungeons killing stuff as you go and...
I like horses.
I do need to find a donkey though, since being able to carry a whole chest full of stuff would be very convenient and means I can spend more time galloping about as a blocky cavalier.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
i tried the trial version.i swear,i made a record,diamonds in half an hour,nether in an hour and a half,most of the time in between was to try and make obsidian(and failing)and getting diamonds safely.i mean really!all the diamonds were touching lava somehow,i also got decked out in iron.but it is so laggy,i can start on 20 fps,but then drop to 5-10 fps,anything tips on how to stop this?

Aurath8

i tried the trial version.i swear,i made a record,diamonds in half an hour,nether in an hour and a half,most of the time in between was to try and make obsidian(and failing)and getting diamonds safely.i mean really!all the diamonds were touching lava somehow,i also got decked out in iron.but it is so laggy,i can start on 20 fps,but then drop to 5-10 fps,anything tips on how to stop this?

Change the render distance to Normal or Short if you really want it to be running faster. Tiny isn't worth it since you can only see about as far as a Creeper's detection range. There are other things you can do if you play around with the settings, but if its still slow, get a better computer.

I prefer to have the nice scenic view of the world though, regardless of how slow it gets. I can reduce it down to about 3 fps if I'm running through a dense forest on a horse and spinning/jumping everywhere but if I get a nice looking sunrise then I'm happy. I don't really need a high framerate anyway since peacefulmode4lyfe.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Mess around with the settings like set render distance down especially if it's on Far. You'll probably see a slight change in fps but just enough to play, but I'd recommend installing Optifine mod it's great for under powered computers.

If your using the latest version 1.6.2 with the new launcher it's gotten slightly more difficult to install mods. Here's a video showing you how to install Optifine(This is for windows however.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=bas2cpicWQo&v=katENb96M_g

Aurath8

Anyone got any tips for extracting ore from ravines? Currently I'm using ladders and placing blocks on walls to give me a place to stand but its horribly inefficient because its difficult to gather up the ladders I used afterwards.

Zibdas

not bad
Anyone got any tips for extracting ore from ravines? Currently I'm using ladders and placing blocks on walls to give me a place to stand but its horribly inefficient because its difficult to gather up the ladders I used afterwards.

Buckets of water. If you can get to the top of the ravine, all you need to do is place the water, get the mineral, swim up, take back the water, and ride the flow back down.

Aurath8

Buckets of water. If you can get to the top of the ravine, all you need to do is place the water, get the mineral, swim up, take back the water, and ride the flow back down.

Ah, thanks. It'll still be awkward(and slightly dangerous) to get the minerals but at least its less wood-intensive.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
In Minecraft, I've recently been playing survival in a Flatland world. My main sources of supplies are villages, but, I'm now at a point where I am growing my own trees (with saplings that I found in a village), my own wheat, and I have a well and a cobblestone generator.

My question is: If I'm able to be self sufficient, should I continue looking for more villages? I mean, I've already got plans to go to the nether using lava and water, plus the five obsidian I found, but do you consider staying in my home and expanding to be boring?

Astinus

I asked myself your question and answered it in my own game today. I spawned next to a village and was able to build up some supplies, but after a while, it was difficult finding enough things to do. Today when I played, I explored two new caverns and tried my luck against a few Endermen. (They won/ Probably because I was teasing them, but I was on my way back to base, so it wasn't too bad.) I decided that was enough adventuring for me, and I'll probably work on my base's area next time I play.

So it's up to you if you want to head out on the search for more villages or stay where you are and building up supplies/your base. If you're bored, head out. If you want to stay at home, stay at home.

Aurath8

In Minecraft, I've recently been playing survival in a Flatland world. My main sources of supplies are villages, but, I'm now at a point where I am growing my own trees (with saplings that I found in a village), my own wheat, and I have a well and a cobblestone generator.

My question is: If I'm able to be self sufficient, should I continue looking for more villages? I mean, I've already got plans to go to the nether using lava and water, plus the five obsidian I found, but do you consider staying in my home and expanding to be boring?

Not at all. I spend pretty much my whole time on Minecraft turning the entire world into my personal playground. Right now I'm building an entire suburban paradise, where(eventually) I'll pave the streets with gold.