• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread

Vernikova

Champion
Well, it's not like we all weren't wishing for a game 7 anyway. Haven't been this excited for a neutral game since forever. Especially after last night's "game."

Poke Trainer J

Bumgarner wins Giants 3rd World Series.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Bumgardner was just insane this series... but it's mostly on the Royals tonight for not displaying any sort of patience

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Bumgardner played fantastic in this series! Congrats to the Giants on winning another World Series! Hopefully someday the Detroit Tigers can win a World Series again. The last time the Tigers won a World Series was in 1984....I wasn't even alive back then so there was no way for me to soak in that victory and enjoy it lol.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Bumgardner played fantastic in this series! Congrats to the Giants on winning another World Series! Hopefully someday the Detroit Tigers can win a World Series again. The last time the Tigers won a World Series was in 1984....I wasn't even alive back then so there was no way for me to soak in that victory and enjoy it lol.
They will eventually. Maybe it'll be next year, maybe it'll be 20 years from now, but they will.

Congratulations to the Giants for winning the world series, and yet there's tons of ship horns lingering in my area.

On the other hand...

5481e3b0-5ece-11e4-88e9-dd3e0deb3241_369406_800x450.jpg
I actually just read an article about losing team shirts and stuff. Apparently, they donate them to 3rd world countries eventually. They do that with all sports, not just baseball.

Just a fun fact that nobody probably cares about lol. :p

Joltik-Kid

All I can say is the Royals aren't gonna be the same team next season... losing Shields (who wasn't that good in the Post Season anyway), Butler, Aoki, and maybe someone else as well. They have to rely on junk pitchers Vargas and Guthrie, their bullpen statically will not be as dominant as it was this season, and Hosmer, Moustakus, and I believe Davis are due pay raises

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Bodes well for the Tigers, at least, because who knows how they're going to do next year? I know Max, Torii, and maybe Victor are likely gone, and I could be wrong, but I feel like Miggy and Verlander are starting to decline due to age.

And then there's the fact that Dombrowski can't seem to build a competent bullpen for whatever reason, although hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Poke Trainer J

Bumgardner was just insane this series... but it's mostly on the Royals tonight for not displaying any sort of patience

I just don't see how the Royals can compete against a pitcher as good as Sandy Koufax was, he's definitely no Todd Worrell from the '85 Cardinals.

All I can say is the Royals aren't gonna be the same team next season... losing Shields (who wasn't that good in the Post Season anyway), Butler, Aoki, and maybe someone else as well. They have to rely on junk pitchers Vargas and Guthrie, their bullpen statically will not be as dominant as it was this season, and Hosmer, Moustakus, and I believe Davis are due pay raises

What sucks is that this was the Royals one shot at winning the World Series and an opportunity like this only comes around once every generation, so much to lose yet so little of a chance to gain anything.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I don't even know what to say right now. I'm frustrated beyond all logical words. I think I've seen enough of the Giants, particularly Sandoval, Pence, Morse and Bumgardner, to last me the rest of 5 lifetimes. I just...I...yeah, I don't even know what to say.

Poke Trainer J

The Kansas City Royals made me believe in baseball again, now I'm wondering If it was all worth it in the long run. :/

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Good job, Giants. :). It's been crazy here in the bay. Fireworks and hollering allll night. Anyways, it was definitely a great set of games to watch. Both teams played wonderfully, and everybody was at the edge of their seats.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Kansas City Royals made me believe in baseball again, now I'm wondering If it was all worth it in the long run. :/

I thought the series was pretty great overall, it had pretty much everything imo, much better than these recent years, ever since the Cubs blew in in 2008 as a matter of fact :/. Anyways I'm just amazed at how Bumgardner performed in this postseason, particularly in the World Series. As much as I didn't want to see the Giants win it again, he pretty much carried the team pitching-wise. I felt that either team could have won it if Bumgardner wasn't a factor in the series.

Anyways, this is not 100% confirmed or official yet, but it seems like Joe Maddon may be the new Cubs manager.
Source: http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/picture-coming-focus-joe-maddon-next-cubs-manager

Vernikova

Champion
Congrats to the Giants. The game was really great, and the ending was great, too. It would've been hilarious if the Royals won on a single after that fielding blunder by the Giants.

Joltik-Kid

What sucks is that this was the Royals one shot at winning the World Series and an opportunity like this only comes around once every generation, so much to lose yet so little of a chance to gain anything.
Who knows, maybe this will spark the Royals like 2006 sparked the Tigers... sure we haven't won anything either, but we put some great teams (heavily under performing since 2012) on the field. Who's to say what the future brings... : )

Poke Trainer J

I thought the series was pretty great overall, it had pretty much everything imo, much better than these recent years, ever since the Cubs blew in in 2008 as a matter of fact :/. Anyways I'm just amazed at how Bumgardner performed in this postseason, particularly in the World Series. As much as I didn't want to see the Giants win it again, he pretty much carried the team pitching-wise. I felt that either team could have won it if Bumgardner wasn't a factor in the series.

Anyways, this is not 100% confirmed or official yet, but it seems like Joe Maddon may be the new Cubs manager.
Source: http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/picture-coming-focus-joe-maddon-next-cubs-manager

As a Royals fan I couldn't be more proud of my childhood baseball team, for them to get as far as they did is a testament to their resilience and commitment to a goal that many people thought was impossible to achieve. James Shields and Lorenzo Cain carried the Royals to the World Series just as much as Madison Bumgarner and Pablo Sandoval did with the Giants this Post-Season, what troubles me however is that the Royals might do away with the 2014 Post-Season roster that lead them to the World Series by replacing them with inexperienced players going into the 2015 MLB Season.

Who knows, maybe this will spark the Royals like 2006 sparked the Tigers... sure we haven't won anything either, but we put some great teams (heavily under performing since 2012) on the field. Who's to say what the future brings... : )

I'd love to see the Royals bounce back into the Playoffs in 2015 but the odds of that happening look pretty slim right now given the circumstances of losing the World Series to Bumgarner of the Giants. For some reason the Royals stopped being aggressive after they won their division in the Playoffs yet I wonder If it had anything to do with James Shields struggling to keep his composure in the final stretch of the 2014 Post-Season.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

I'd love to see the Royals bounce back into the Playoffs in 2015 but the odds of that happening look pretty slim right now given the circumstances of losing the World Series to Bumgarner of the Giants. For some reason the Royals stopped being aggressive after they won their division in the Playoffs yet I wonder If it had anything to do with James Shields struggling to keep his composure in the final stretch of the 2014 Post-Season.
Guess we'll have to see... honestly, I just want another exciting AL Central race again.

BCVM22

what troubles me however is that the Royals might do away with the 2014 Post-Season roster that lead them to the World Series by replacing them with inexperienced players going into the 2015 MLB Season.

Shields will leave for free agency. Butler will likely have his team option declined and do the same. Everyone else on the roster of any significance is either still under contract next season, has an option that's likely to be picked up or is otherwise still under team control.

Seems more like you're worried about nothing, to whatever extent one believes Kansas City will be back in the playoffs next season.