• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I still doubt about that. Maybe for digital copies, but I can freely play my physical game carts without a SD card on my 3DS and my saved file is there.
I sometimes put my own game on my brother's 3DS and my save file is there as well...

Hmmm... I guess I got my facts wrong. I apologize.
@Mime Senior: It's best to try it out yourself then.

DarkKami

Pokemon Collector
3DS games, whether physical or a digital copy, it always saves on the SD card.
So, if you wish to trade or battle, you need to have a separate system, each with their own saves and copies.

Simply copying your save to another SD card and using it on a different 3DS won't work.

Are you sure? I apparently had a Zelda save file on the Used Copy I purchased from someone... I think Pokemon will be treated the same as the saves are tied to the Cartridges, not the 3DS.

With Pokemon, unless it's Digital Copy, it will only be tied to the card, not the 3DS SD Card.

So for those with Digital Downloads, your saves will be tied to the 3DS SD Card, while those who have the Physical Copies will be tied to those respective cards.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

That's okay. :p
Now that I think of it, when 3DS wasn't out yet, where did our game carts saved ? If I remember correctly, the original DS didn't have a SD Cart, right ? That's how I went with the theory SD cards do not save completely your files, but I think it only is important for digital games, pictures taken by the 3DS camera and stuff like that.
I'm pretty sure it saves on the 3DS cart the same way. Unless you're buying one digitally, Mime Senior, it think it doesn't matter. You can even try to save your game without a SD card if you want it to be proven.

Tenilius

Unless you're buying one digitally, Mime Senior, it think it doesn't matter. You can even try to save your game without a SD card if you want it to be proven.

Yeah I'm receiving physical copies of both in order to trade/breed between my own games so I shouldn't have to worry about the SD card at all.
Plus I can just test it with Zelda now to see if your experience is true for all 3DS'.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
It's alright, that did confuse me at first however.
Considering the fact that I can still play all my other 3DS games(which are all physical copoies btw) on my older 3DS, and be able to play right were I left off from my main 3DS XL. I already knew digital copies saved to the SD card cause it's not like you can trade it between 3DS systems to play.
I believe only certain streetpass data/updates for the game are saved onto the 3DS system, and not available if you play it on another 3DS. So I believe as long as you have the physical copies no matter if you play them on the same 3DS you'll be able to trade between the two if you put one into another 3DS.

RioluEeveeZorua fan

Hey everyone! I'm about to walk into the shopping centre to pick up my pre order copy of X, since its my first 3DS game I'm confused, do I need to take it with me so they can do a download or do I get a code I can use on my own? Don't particularly want to take my new 3ds xl out with me, thanks! :)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Hey everyone! I'm about to walk into the shopping centre to pick up my pre order copy of X, since its my first 3DS game I'm confused, do I need to take it with me so they can do a download or do I get a code I can use on my own? Don't particularly want to take my new 3ds xl out with me, thanks! :)

The game you buy in stores is a physical copy. It inserts into the back of your 3DS console.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Does anyone know where to get more Honey?

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
How to evolve Sylveon? I pretty much maxed out affection, everything is full.

Aegon

Where's the first PC? I want to use my Fletchling, but I'm at Santalune Forest and I haven't come across one.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
How to evolve Sylveon? I pretty much maxed out affection, everything is full.

Have you leveled up your Eevee with max affection in Pokémon Amie ?

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yeah it evolved into espeon, saved before it just to be sure so it's still an eevee.

Well that's strange. With maximum affection in the Pokémon Amie, your Eevee is supposed to evolve into Sylveon...

elorasheppard

Does anyone know the final number of pc boxes we get in game? I did the pokemon in each box thing, but only got 23 boxes. Thsts less than last time! Is there amother way, because all pokemon in all sprite forms will take 27 boxes by my estimate?

relaxo12

you need to teach your eeve a fairy type attack and level it up with max affection then you'll get your sylveon

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
you need to teach your eeve a fairy type attack and level it up with max affection then you'll get your sylveon

Oh god really.... Thanks I'll go to the move tutor then. :p I'll reply back if I finally managed to do it.

NightFire7

I am not getting the game until christmas. I'm probably going to be watching walkthroughs on youtube until then. So for anyone who is playing, how is the game? Are the gyms challenging enough? Is the game challenging enough? How would you rate the game? Just curious.