• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Matchup Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

irock245

She wants it
aww, it would have been awesome to have nicknames on wifi....

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
I give up with rated random matchup now. In my last wave of battles. Four out of five people I won against ragequit at some point. My win lose ratio isn't good enough to keep up with rage quitters. sigh

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
I give up with rated random matchup now. In my last wave of battles. Four out of five people I won against ragequit at some point. My win lose ratio isn't good enough to keep up with rage quitters. sigh

just go to the free battles like me, there's less ragequitters there

Heavenly Mikaru

EX and WHY are hot!
I dont mind Random Matchup (Even though the Rage Quitters annoy me to no end...)

Two of my pokemon are banned >.>
its hard to find substitutes for them...

Gen1Trainer

I do free mode singles alot and have just got my 1st star. Rain is my main problem. Im thinkin of teachin my lapras thunder to take a few pokemon down with me. I dont get many ragequitters now wheras when the games were released everyone ragequit.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I like random matchup even though it is extremely broken. Literally every single team has either a latios, tyranitar, or a garchomp. Ugh.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
my rain team ↓↓↓↓↓ has been doing very good on there

rocky505

I hate them. I see broken and banned things all the time. WHY do they allow OHKO moves? I see chomp every 2 battles it is annoying. I also see double teamers. Everytime i see a OHKO move or evasion boosting move i turn my ds off. I want to play fair! Not with a sore loser who relys on ohkos and evasion.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
I hate them. I see broken and banned things all the time. WHY do they allow OHKO moves? I see chomp every 2 battles it is annoying. I also see double teamers. Everytime i see a OHKO move or evasion boosting move i turn my ds off. I want to play fair! Not with a sore loser who relys on ohkos and evasion.

it's not smogon...

if your team is good there should be much problem. and if the OHKO moves give you problems use sturdy or focus sash because barely anyone uses entry hazards. evasion is a problem tho, just kill it as fast as you can

irock245

She wants it
Oh sh*t son i will double team spam to no end now suckers!

Vandslaux

What's a standard Sand team? I'm using Hippo with SR, SubSD Garchomp, and Specs Latios.

Eranu™

What's a standard Sand team? I'm using Hippo with SR, SubSD Garchomp, and Specs Latios.

SR are pretty useless in random since it's only 3 v 3.
you could use it if you want to cripple focus sash users.
also i would recommend TTar over Hippowdon and maybe Excadrill over Garchomp since latios is also dragon type and Excadrill has more synergy with Sand than Garchomp.

Vandslaux

ok. That team is extremely Weavile weak, anyway.

Is Specs Latios any good on Random Matchup? A free kill from Draco Meteor is very important, since it's 3v3. Or CM Reuniclus?

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
ok. That team is extremely Weavile weak, anyway.

Is Specs Latios any good on Random Matchup? A free kill from Draco Meteor is very important, since it's 3v3. Or CM Reuniclus?

I've been using a scarfed one and its been doing great.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Rotational Battle:
- Guy sends out Shedinja
- I switch out into Porygon2, Traces Wonder Guard, other poke's move does nothing
- Rotates back to Shedinja, I use Toxic, it's gone
- Ragequit

Heavenly Mikaru

EX and WHY are hot!
Rotational Battle:
- Guy sends out Shedinja
- I switch out into Porygon2, Traces Wonder Guard, other poke's move does nothing
- Rotates back to Shedinja, I use Toxic, it's gone
- Ragequit

This happened when I was against the Lv.1 aron trick
I got lucky with para hax and mesprit was my only pokemon left lol

heiiumzz

Pokemon Master
Funniest encounter i had, we both are left with our last pokemon:
guy: sends out cloyster
me: sends out latios

turn1
"wanted to use thunderbolt straight off the bat, considering cloysters low sp.defense but based on my experience, most cloysters hold focus sashes to gain a free shell smash, so i decided to use trick"

bx's latios used trick!
Foes cloyster gained choice specs,
bxs latios gained focus sash

foes cloyster uses shell smash!

Turn2
foe figured that he cant change his moves and hesitated.
I was planning to spam thunderbolt.

*blue screen*
*you have lost connection bla bla bla*
*_*

heiiumzz

Pokemon Master
I'll admit that I mostly play doubles, but anything that can cripple your opponent's poke/s is golden. T-wave, WoW, encore, anything like that is great.

Also, pro tip, if you opponent has a garchomp on their team, there is a roughly 150% chance that they're gonna use it. It's almost mandatory.

I beg to differ.
I alway had a garchomp in my team, but i seldom use it over excadrill, too much scarfer and ice shard users around.

Bringing 3 sandstorm sweeper is risky, when the opponent, change the weather, its gg.
Most commonly used combo myself,
liligant as lead, hippowdon, excadrill

Sometimes i use my sandsteam as a bait, to make people think that im gonna use them,
Most of the people use, rotom w or powerful water to counter my hippodow.

Instead i used a liligant as my lead and swept his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.