• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
So I’ve been trying to find a shiny Poliwag for almost a week now and was wondering if anyone has any advice I have looked in cerulean cave and the route right before victory road and got my catch chain to 450 I have a lure active always and have the shiny charm.What am I doing wrong? I will also trade for one if someone has one with really good ivs

Last edited:

Shinyjynx

Be patient. Persistence is key. Having a high chain without catching it means it will be green likelihood of success even with pokeball. The total number of catch rate will mean you won’t even need to throw a berry. If it is green success rate don’t throw any berries and go straight to desired pokeball type or master ball. Some days you will have good luck. Some bad. In let’s go pikachu I had 18 shiny clefairies and in let’s go evee I hunted for 2 days straight and found no clefairy shiny. So some days are bad luck. Keep at it a few more weeks and you will find something shiny. Try you don’t always have to catch Pokémon past 31 chain you can do the running in and out of rooms and floors method. Or you can run from Pokémon. I think the running in and out of rooms is the best method I found a shiny zubat that way full odds

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Well I thank you for your advice though I finally found it.Do you have any extra candys you dont need that I could have?

Shinyjynx

I haven’t paid for online yet. But when I do I would be happy to give you candies I have lots of health candies