• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uber Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Rockceus is now arguably one of the most common defoggers in existence ATM, due to it being able to annoy the likes of Lugia and completely threaten Ho-oh.

My personal set:

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 40 SAtk / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
Rockceus is now arguably one of the most common defoggers in existence ATM, due to it being able to annoy the likes of Lugia and completely threaten Ho-oh.

My personal set:

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 40 SAtk / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

This could be effective for a support arceus as I cannot find any good place to put extremespeed in this set... but rock types (aside from fighting, ground, and physical moves of special dominated types) have common special based weaknesses as well. Don't you think electric arceus would be better as electric types only have one weakness?

This could be effective for a support arceus as I cannot find any good place to put extremespeed in this set... but rock types (aside from fighting, ground, and physical moves of special dominated types) have common special based weaknesses as well. Don't you think electric arceus would be better as electric types only have one weakness?

And a neutrality to Fire, which doesn't do much for stopping Ho-oh. Electric also only has resistances to Electric and Flying, so it really isn't the best defensive type out there. Rock is also a much better Judgment type than Electric in Ubers, having no immunities.

Zachmac

It all depends really. Electric pokemon are blessed with only one weakness, but how useful is it in the metagame?

Arceus rock can wreck Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Yveltal, Reshiram, Kyurem-W, and if it's any common there, Talonflame. I don't actually know much about ubers, but it looks to me that rock will be hitting more things.

That said, it could potentially run a different item depending on the teams synergy. Steel Arceus, for example, has the edge over Xerneas.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
It all depends really. Electric pokemon are blessed with only one weakness, but how useful is it in the metagame?

Arceus rock can wreck Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Yveltal, Reshiram, Kyurem-W, and if it's any common there, Talonflame. I don't actually know much about ubers, but it looks to me that rock will be hitting more things.

That said, it could potentially run a different item depending on the teams synergy. Steel Arceus, for example, has the edge over Xerneas.
And that's the problem. You can choose whatever type you want it to be to fill in the gap in your team... I guess your right about the rock type arceus though, as those legendaries can be a bit of a problem

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
And that's the problem. You can choose whatever type you want it to be to fill in the gap in your team... I guess your right about the rock type arceus though, as those legendaries can be a bit of a problem

Hey, not being rude, but as said before, you seem to have a different view of competitive. Could you please play some more on Showdown and become more intelligent with the metagames then come back, because honestly your posts lack.

Electric is a bad defensive typing. It is in no way good for a support Pokémon. Having only two resistances, only one of them being somewhat common, you should find a better one. Although rock isn't the best defensive typing, it checks a lot of major threats like an above poster mentioned.

The best defensive/support Arceus forms are Fairy, Steel, Poison, and Rock. All four have their own assets that allow them to function well in the meta game.

Also, can someone please tell me why the Ubers ladder is ****? I'm trying to test a new team out, and everyone I face is either using terrible moves, or trying to emulate Ash Ketchum. If anyone wants to help me out on Showdown, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
Electric is a bad defensive typing. It is in no way good for a support Pokémon. Having only two resistances, only one of them being somewhat common, you should find a better one. Although rock isn't the best defensive typing, it checks a lot of major threats like an above poster mentioned.

The best defensive/support Arceus forms are Fairy, Steel, Poison, and Rock. All four have their own assets that allow them to function well in the meta game.

Also, can someone please tell me why the Ubers ladder is ****? I'm trying to test a new team out, and everyone I face is either using terrible moves, or trying to emulate Ash Ketchum. If anyone wants to help me out on Showdown, I'd appreciate it.

Well.... Yes and no. Electric is a great defensive typing in OU because of all the Scizors, steel moves, and Talonflames running about, but it's pretty bad in Ubers.

Furthermore, I don't understand how Poison and Rock are even remotely useful in Ubers. Poison is one of the most irrelevant defensive typings in Ubers and Rock is hit super-effectively by every single main STAB or coverage move in Ubers (unless you're running Arceus-Rock in Sand, in which that is a completely different story altogether).

Really low end of all ladders are dominated by inexperienced players. If you're a competent player, then passing them shouldn't be an issue for you.

Well.... Yes and no. Electric is a great defensive typing in OU because of all the Scizors, steel moves, and Talonflames running about, but it's pretty bad in Ubers.

Furthermore, I don't understand how Poison and Rock are even remotely useful in Ubers. Poison is one of the most irrelevant defensive typings in Ubers and Rock is hit super-effectively by every single main STAB or coverage move in Ubers (unless you're running Arceus-Rock in Sand, in which that is a completely different story altogether).

Really low end of all ladders are dominated by inexperienced players. If you're a competent player, then passing them shouldn't be an issue for you.

It's not an issue for me to pass the lower ladder.

As for the Arceus forms, Poison is one of the better checks to Xerneas, especially when specially defensive. Rock, although a bad defensive typing in general, can check a few of the more powerful Ubers threats, most notably Ho-Oh. However, I still find the best Arceus forms to be Fairy, Steel, and Normal. The other two I mentioned have their niches.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I honestly don't see the use of Poisonceus because running one pokemon forme just to counter one specific mon and do nothing else is SLIGHT ridiculous.

Rockceus in my opinion is much better than it's poison counterpart, being able to threaten Ho-oh and resist Ekiller's main STAB, Extremespeed. I'll admit, it's typing is lackluster, but it's ability to threaten one of the most common pokemon in the metagame is just really good.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I honestly don't see the use of Poisonceus because running one pokemon forme just to counter one specific mon and do nothing else is SLIGHT ridiculous.

Rockceus in my opinion is much better than it's poison counterpart, being able to threaten Ho-oh and resist Ekiller's main STAB, Extremespeed. I'll admit, it's typing is lackluster, but it's ability to threaten one of the most common pokemon in the metagame is just really good.

Problem is Arceus-Rock can't do a hell of a lot in return and gets 2HKO'd by +2 Earthquake. In fact Extreme Killer can use Arceus-Rock as setup bait as long as it lacks Toxic (and even then Extreme Killer sometimes runs Refresh or Substitute). Offensive variants of Arceus-Rock don't fare much better, failing to 2HKO with Stone Edge assuming no miss hax. No, Arceus-Rock isn't really even a check for Extreme Killer in my eyes, since it will only win if Extreme Killer is already low on HP (and if it outspeeds).

Beating down Ho-Oh is nice though.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Problem is Arceus-Rock can't do a hell of a lot in return and gets 2HKO'd by +2 Earthquake. In fact Extreme Killer can use Arceus-Rock as setup bait as long as it lacks Toxic (and even then Extreme Killer sometimes runs Refresh or Substitute). Offensive variants of Arceus-Rock don't fare much better, failing to 2HKO with Stone Edge assuming no miss hax. No, Arceus-Rock isn't really even a check for Extreme Killer in my eyes, since it will only win if Extreme Killer is already low on HP (and if it outspeeds).

Beating down Ho-Oh is nice though.

Rockceus gets WoW though, and it usually outspeeds common variants of Ekiller.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I'm actually finding Aegislash to be an excellent check for Xerneas. With a spread of 252 HP and 252 Atk after Stealth Rock Iron Head can OHKO Xerneas about 80% of the time. Aegislash also rarely can get 2HKO'd by Moonblast when in Shield Forme.

I use Lum Berry on my Extreme Killer Arceus. Its unexpected and usually allows me to get another SD. +4 Extreme Speed is a killer (pun intended).

Lately, I've been finding Dark Void to be completely unreliable. Last night, I missed seven in a row, and a few of them cost me the game.

KillerDraco

Lately, I've been finding Dark Void to be completely unreliable. Last night, I missed seven in a row, and a few of them cost me the game.

To be honest, that sounds more like sheer dumb luck than anything. Statistically speaking, at 80% accuracy, missing seven Dark Voids in a row is extremely improbable. It's still arguably the most reliable sleep inducer now that Spore doesn't affect Grass types or Overcoat users.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I use Lum Berry on my Extreme Killer Arceus. Its unexpected and usually allows me to get another SD. +4 Extreme Speed is a killer (pun intended).

Lum Berry is a surprisingly useful item for Extremspeed Arceus and any set-up variant of Rayquaza. Sure, you sacrifice some power for not running LO or something else, but being able to have a safety against status for one turn gives you a lot more set up opportunities. And of course, it's all the more reason to make sure Rocks are up. Lum Berry is my preferred item for DD Rayquaza, and in addition to giving you an extra turn from status, it helps with confusion from Outrage to help you save some momentum. Of course, you have to be careful with Outrage now, but that doesn't make it a less devastating attack even with Fairies around.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Lum Berry is a surprisingly useful item for Extremspeed Arceus and any set-up variant of Rayquaza. Sure, you sacrifice some power for not running LO or something else, but being able to have a safety against status for one turn gives you a lot more set up opportunities. And of course, it's all the more reason to make sure Rocks are up. Lum Berry is my preferred item for DD Rayquaza, and in addition to giving you an extra turn from status, it helps with confusion from Outrage to help you save some momentum. Of course, you have to be careful with Outrage now, but that doesn't make it a less devastating attack even with Fairies around.

Lum Berry Arceus is pretty good Giratina lure. Giratina will usually switch into +0 Arceus and try to burn it. Upon burning, Lum Berry kicks in and gets that +2 for Arceus. Arceus then Shadow Forces/Shadow Claws for the KO.

To be honest, that sounds more like sheer dumb luck than anything. Statistically speaking, at 80% accuracy, missing seven Dark Voids in a row is extremely improbable. It's still arguably the most reliable sleep inducer now that Spore doesn't affect Grass types or Overcoat users.

I dont know, but seven in a row is kind of fishy... I was lucky that I had Lum berry on EK Arceus, other wise I wouldve lost half those matches. I swear, if it hit this one match, Darkrai would have swept the entire team. Instead, Groudon got up rocks AND Twaved it, making him useless.

I have a LO Mewtwo, but I feel that hes really not that useful. What can I replace him with? I want a strong special attacker, but I don't know who to use.

If its any help, I have:
Lead Darkrai
Mega Blaziken
CM Lugia
LO Mewtwo
Support Groudon
Extreme Killer Arceus.

If you need more specifics, please tell me. (BTW, Im asking anyone, not just Draco)

Any help?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I normally use Lum Berry as well on Extreme Killer Arceus. I don't generally use spinners so it helps against Toxic Spikes as well, not just burns.
Lum Berry Arceus is pretty good Giratina lure. Giratina will usually switch into +0 Arceus and try to burn it. Upon burning, Lum Berry kicks in and gets that +2 for Arceus. Arceus then Shadow Forces/Shadow Claws for the KO.

If it is regular Giratina and not Giratina-O, it will survive a +2 Shadow Claw counting Stealth Rock. With one layer of spikes it still isn't a guaranteed OHKO, although it does go up to 56% chance.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I dont know, but seven in a row is kind of fishy... I was lucky that I had Lum berry on EK Arceus, other wise I wouldve lost half those matches. I swear, if it hit this one match, Darkrai would have swept the entire team. Instead, Groudon got up rocks AND Twaved it, making him useless.

I have a LO Mewtwo, but I feel that hes really not that useful. What can I replace him with? I want a strong special attacker, but I don't know who to use.

If its any help, I have:
Lead Darkrai
Mega Blaziken
CM Lugia
LO Mewtwo
Support Groudon
Extreme Killer Arceus.

If you need more specifics, please tell me. (BTW, Im asking anyone, not just Draco)

Any help?

Why not use Geomancy Xerneas? Your team lacks a dragon resist anyway, and Xern patches up that spot quite nicely while providing a decent amount of offensive pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.