• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do you think of revives and max revives?

What role do the (max) revives play in your games?

• Total voters

Torosiken

This is a title.
I am rarely use them :/
mostly just in league and other important things

I don't see any problem

I am avoiding using it much since I am scared that I might ran outta em XDD
and they're not cheap >w>

gliscor&yanmega

I just get annoyed when gym leaders/elite four use them.

They don't though. They use healing items, but never Revives, and probably never will.

Overall, Revives are there to make things easier for yourself, you have no obligation to use them, they are optional just like 99.99% of the games. They aren't necessarily intended to be used, simply an option for people to use to again, make things easier. Hopefully those who do use them wont complain about the games being "too easy" or whatever, as it's basically your problem for making it "too easy". Still, there is no problem with using them, I don't know about them being "cheap" or not, but they certainly don't make the battle as fair as it could be(Bringing back a Pokemon that just got defeated? That's hardly fair, then again people use more Pokemon against their opponent then they have so it's not like people try and make battles fair).

Valkneer

Wandering Trainer
I don't really think there is any problem with using max revives. Sometimes I don't waste time by using max revives instead of revives ^^

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll use Revives when I have a need to, say taking on the E4 with a typically underlevelled team, sometimes a monotype one as well. (Or say Red in HGSS with a mid-55 level team to boot, all grass types =p). I'll also use them if I'm still doing the main game stuff and am far from a Pokemon Centre outside of battles, but otherwise I won't use them.

Max Revives I've always kept for a last resort and usually don't end up using them, haha.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
I only use them in important battles, namely the E4 and champion.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
Sorry, my computer sucks and screwed this up.

Same here.

What the hell do you mean with those posts???

i think they are little crystals that sort of dissolve in the pokemon's mouth
kinda like HP trapped in amber

Oh please... don't you understand that that member was asking if the effect was the same as herbs (the question was already answered), and not about that unnecessary fantasy?
I just get annoyed when gym leaders/elite four use them.
What the hell are you saying??? They don't use them, and I've even referred that fact in the first post.
you should just use the herbs you can get in the driftveil market there are full revival herbs and healing herbs
This is about opinions, not advice. ->spammer!

nurse187

I use them mostly after league battles. as there is no way to heal or revive from the battle. i rarely use them in battle. I put a good team together farily high lvl. and i also use them out in the wild if my pokemon faint it saves time rather than going to a heal station then have to trek all the way back.

Gillig

I use them if I have to. Which is usually when the E4 spams them in HS/SS.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I don't use them in battle. Like the OP said, it's unfair because the NPC can't use them. In fact, I don't use any healing items in battle. However, on my Nuzlocke runs, I do allow myself to use the same amount of healing items that the NPC uses.

If I lose without using Revives, it's fine with me. There's just no sense of accomplishment, however, when you have to use 30+ Revives until the opponent makes a dumb move and you capitalize on it to win. I don't see any fun in that.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Hey, I've just remembered one annoying thing that happened many times in my games, specialy when I try to beat the League: I used revives and max revives!
Well, I've beaten the League in all my games, but something that bothers me is the fact that I've used these featured medicines to do it. I start to think "Having done this was unfair, because the NPC trainers are not allowed to use that. If I had started the game by training all my pokémon in a balanced way (this is possibly my sister's fault, because she wants the games progress as fast as possible), the thing wouldn't fall down as soon as my starter fainted!". So, what I mean with this is: I use revives, tought I try to avoid them as much as possible.

And you? Do you use revives? Do you agree with their use?

Fairness againest the NPCs? Well, the NPCs do also get to challenge you five times in a row without stopping....

Gillig

It was very late at night and I read this as max potions. Oops.

Wait...are you implying I'd have to use them?

I never use them in battle-it's like cheating to me-but if somehow something faints and I'm not battling, I have no problem using one.

arceus03

I don't mind using them.

Most of the time though, I try to keep my Pokemon healthy. I find myself only rarely having to use the (Max) Revives, only during the E4 and only when they get a critical hit and faints my Pokemon unexpectedly. Otherwise I would switch or use HP healing stuff.

I guess you can say it's a bit unfair that the NPC cannot use them. Then again, you could say the same thing about Potions and Full Restores. At most they'll have like 4 Full Restores. Me, I always buy a whole batch of them, like 30-40 before going into the E4. XP

But then it's just me. I like having a healthy supply of items. Like 50 Super Repels in my bag.

Lanik

Revives are essential resources for winning legendary Pokemon battles, Elite Four battles and champion battles. But I rarely use max revives.

MewForever

I feel like they're apart of the game and one of the more important strategic aspects of the game. Usually, though, I don't have to use them because I spam Hyper Potions whenever necessary. I absolutely hate to let one of my Pokemon faint, for moral and personal reasons. But, in the case that they do, it's completely fair to use revive/hyper potion or max revive, because everything is turn based. If you are reviving in the middle of a battle, your Pokemon are getting attacked. If you're not in the middle of the battle, say in between Elite 4 members, then it's still completely fair, because until your Pokemon are leveled up to an overpowering degree, there is no way you will beat the Elite 4 without having to revive some Pokemon. That is, unless you spam Hyper Potions in battle like I do.

StanTheStaraptor

I use them shamelessly. I didn't even realise there were people who didn't like using them.
They're a crystal right? How exactly does that revive something? And if they're synthetic (made by Silph or Devon etc.), why can you find them in Sinnoh's underground?