• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmavik

my team
Blaziken

move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Hi Jump Kick
move 3: Protect
move 4: Flare Blitz
item: Leftovers
ability: Speed Boost
nature:Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Zoroark

move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Dark Pulse
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Flamethrower
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Excadrill

move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Return
item: Air Balloon
ability: Sand Rush
nature: Jolly

Eelektross
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Flamethrower
move 3: Dragon Claw
move 4: Brick Break
item: Life Orb
nature:Rash
evs: 252 Atk / 212 SpA / 44 Spe

Pokemon i want to my team

Skarmory
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Roost
move 3: Whirlwind
move 4: Brave Bird
item: Leftovers
ability: Sturdy
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Tyranitar
move 1: Stone Edge
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Superpower
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly

mAdkip

My main Pokemon in Pokemon White are:

Samurott, Unfezant(male), Zebstrika, Cinccino and Carracosta, all level 50. For the sixth slot I swap Lilligant and Sawsbuck (both lv. 43). I just train the Pokemon I find cool or cute. I also want to train Solosis, Axew and maybe Vanillite. I will post more details soon!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Black:

Sandile(Naive)LV23
-Torment
-Sand Tomb
-Assurance
-Retaliate

This was a recent addition.I love Krookodile and Sandile is pretty powerful, so i made my mind to not bother with Scraggy/Scrafty and decided to use this monster as it was helpful in an old runthrough.

Cottonee(Gentle)LV21
-Growth
-Leech Seed
-Stun Spore
-Mega Drain

I wanted Cottonee/Whimsicott as i love it as one of my favourite 5th Gen Pokemon. I have thought about ditching it but i just think of Whimsicott and keep it.

Shogun AKA Dewott(Adamant)LV25
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Razor Shell
-Focus Energy

My favourite starter since 5th Gen began. It's final form is a beast. Unfortunately, i have only used it once since i got B/W. Now it's twice.

Palpitoad(Modest)LV25
-Aqua Ring
-Round
-BubbleBeam
-Mud Shot

I wanted Seismitoad as it is,IMO,one of the best Froggies ever. It's movepool is somewhat shallow, but i'm sticking with this Pokemon through and through.

Darumaka(Jolly)LV25
-Incinerate
-Rage
-Fire Punch
-Strength

I love how Darmanitan hits like a truck, as does Darumaka, In-game wise. Hustle does create unhelpful missed, but the Power boost is epic! It was fun to use in my first ever playthrough. Sticking with it.

Woobat(Timid)LV23
-Confusion
-Heart Stamp
-Air Cutter
-Assurance

This Pokemon is a first-timer on a runthrough team of mine. I originally wanted Roggenrola but i saw Woobat and thought "Why not?". Helpful and I am sticking with it.

eltigras

I have a question.

I am getting White in a few days and I was wondering if you could give me advice about the teamset when I want to start with the fire starter ^^

Grei

not the color
Well, I restarted in my Black version. I transferred over everyone and am doing yet another run. I love this game too much.

As of right now, this is my team.

501.gif
387.gif
396s.gif
(
636.gif
)

Oshawott ♂ Lvl. 13
Turtwig ("Terra") ♂ Lvl. 8
Starly ("STARLY") ♂ Lvl. 5
;egg; (which will hatch into Larvesta!)

I'm excited.

Ame Kuudere

My current Black team. About to challenge the E4.
Everyone is level 49 right now, by the way.

497.png
567.png
553.png
593.png
608.png
560.png

Meme the Serperior
Nature: Sassy
- Coil
- Strength
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
I think mine turned out to have a really good attack IV, which makes up for its mediocre offenses. If it has time for a Coil or two, it's really rather good, but it can still dent things without it.
If you're just looking to speed through the game so you can get to the postgame stuff, then Serperior will probably be sub-optimal. I wouldn’t go so far to say that it’s dead weight, though.

Oz the Archeos
Nature: Careful
- Fly
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Dig
This thing is amazing; it kills pretty much everything. Seriously, I had to stop letting it battle after Mistralton to let the rest of my team level up. Its ability is really not a problem in-game since you can use items while battling. Totally recommended.
Fly and Dig will probably be replaced later, but I really enjoy not having to use Escape Ropes when I'm in caves ...

Red Hot the Krookodile
Nature: Adamant
- Dig
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
Admittedly, I had to 'baby' it for a while, as it had poor moves and defenses when I caught it, but it was worth it.
Dig will obviously be replaced with Earthquake. Dragon Claw is actually kind of disappointing; it rarely OHKOs, but I figure it'll be useful for N and Ghetsis...

Cyanide the Jellicent
Nature: Bold
- Surf
- Brine
- Ominous Wind
- Recover
A Special wall of sorts, and it covers up my water weakness with Water Absorb.
Horrid moveset, I know. I'm replacing Ominous Wind with Shadow Ball, and I'm considering either Hydro Pump or Blizzard instead of Brine, but the accuracies bother me. If only Ice Beam was accessible pre-E4...

Corona the Lampent
Nature: Bold
- Flame Burst
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Hex
Flame Burst sucks, yes, but I don't have anything better yet. I'll probably replace Hex with Energy Ball or Pain Split later too (that's why I haven't evolved it yet; Lampent gets Pain Split at level 61, ugh).
Unless you seriously want this on your team, you probably shouldn't bother; it's time-consuming to train and requires a Dusk Stone. I had a Darmanitan before in her place, and he was great and came early on too. (I only boxed it because I like Shandera and needed another special attacker).

Kitaki the Scrafty
Nature: Serious
- Hi Jump Kick
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Facade
I'm also kind of dark-weak, if you didn't notice; the other team members are either weak to Dark, frail, or can't hit back supereffectively. Scrafty, though, is defensive, 4x resists Dark, can hit back with STAB Fighting moves, has a great ability, and looks awesome.
Facade is blah, so what should I replace it with...?
I've heard a lot of people say that Scrafty is great against 3/4 of the E4, since it can sweep Shauntal and Caitlin with Dark STAB and Grimsley with Fighting STAB. I wouldn't know yet though.

Well, I restarted in my Black version. I transferred over everyone and am doing yet another run. I love this game too much.

As of right now, this is my team.

501.gif
387.gif
396s.gif
(
636.gif
)

Oshawott ♂ Lvl. 13
Turtwig ("Terra") ♂ Lvl. 8
Starly ("STARLY") ♂ Lvl. 5
;egg; (which will hatch into Larvesta!)

I'm excited.

It makes me want to transfer my Starvavia over. I love that thing XD

Oh and here's my white team so far:
Gothitelle
Scraggy
Krokorok
Klink
Giratina
Tynamo

All female (cept for Klink. Giratina doesnt have a gender but i consider it to be feminine) and all in the high 30s, except for the powerhouse. Why can't Tynamo have Hidden Power? :[

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Shawncpitts, you're a bit legend heavy aren't yah.
And the two Kadabras isn't a good idea, maybe replace one of them with something in the line of Fire or Ice.

725roy

ambivolent
Well, my black team was fairly easy to do:
Samurott
Swoobat
Gigalith
Eelektross
Hydreigon
Chandeluure

Yup i done good.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
My Team

I have already beat black so this is my current white team after 4 gyms

Pignite Lvl 35

Cinccino Lvl 34

Cofagrigus Lvl 34

Simisage Lvl 34

To add Mienfoo and Ducklett once Im there!

Grei

not the color
I'm torn now.

I took a look at my team, as planned for the E4.
389.gif
502.gif
398s.gif
526.gif
636.gif
571.gif

Right now, it has two Pokemon that are weak to Rock, one (Larvesta) being 4x weak. Against Fighting-types, Zoroark and Gigalith will not fare well.

So against Marshal, the only two Pokemon that are relatively safe are Torterra and Dewott, not counting Torterra's weakness to Mienshao's U-Turn.

I don't know what I can do. As it is, my team cannot take on Marshal. I'm considering using Sigilyph, but I'm not sure if that's a good choice. If I used Sigilyph, I'd probably dump Zoroark.

Is it? Is Sigilyph a good Pokemon to combat Marshal, despite its Flying typing, which leaves it susceptible to Rock attacks?

SmartD

My basic team:
Serperior - I kinda like the grass starter.
Simipour - Kept the Elemental Monkey throughout the whole game.
Darmanitan - Needed a strong fire-type.
Galvantula - needed a fast Electric-type since my last Electric-type, Eelektross, didn't have good speed.
Zoroark - I like Zorua and having a strong Dark-type is great
Braviary - My flyer of the team.

Pokemon I'm considering to use after completing most of the Unova Dex:
Dream World Espeon
Togekiss

Mevejuma

I've finished the main storyline, so now I'm just training to beat the E4 the second time, and this is my current line-up as I type:

:503: Samurott @ Mystic Water
Torrent
Nature: Brave
Level 61
- X-Scissor
- Waterfall
- Surf
- Ice Beam

He's decent at both Attack and Sp. Attack, so I feel I can give him moves for both stats, which also allows him a better coverage. He's my starter, and I never abandon my starters in my in-game team, so he was always going to stay.

:571: Zoroark @ BlackGlasses
Illusion
Nature: Naive
Level 60
- Flamethrower
- Dig
- Night Slash
- U-Turn

Night Slash is only temporary until I get Night Daze, and again, Zoroark is pretty decent in both Attack and Sp. Attack, so there is more options and variety. I've given him the best moves I feel possible right now, and U-Turn is in there to switch out when he's threatened, he's so fragile.

:579: Reuniclus @ Quick Claw
Magic Guard
Nature: Docile
Level 61
- Recover
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

High HP, great Sp. Attack, good defenses and Magic Guard, I rather love my Reuniclus. The only problem of course being the speed, so this is sometimes countered with the use of Quick Claw. He can take a good couple of hits, then Recover the damage, before inflicting his own pain with a choice of three great special moves.

:612: Haxorus @ Dragon Fang
Rivalry (Female)
Nature: Quirky
Level 60
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw

A phenomenal attack stat, with great speed after a Dragon Dance or two, and Haxorus is a sweeping machine. I'm considering opting for Outrage instead of Dragon Claw when she reaches the appropriate level, which leaves the impressive force of STAB Outrage, Earthquake, and Brick Break to counter those ice types, lovely stuff.

:628: Braviary @ Sharp Beak
Sheer Force
Nature: Bashful
Level 61
- Fly
- Hone Claws
- Strength
- Rock Slide

Fly and Strength were needed for in-game use, but they both have high powers and are also both STABed, so they're perfectly valid for in-game battles too. Rock Slide was about the only other move I could teach him via TM, and Hone Claws adds to the high attack stat while increasing the reliability of Fly and Rock Slide.

:637: Volcarona @ SilverPowder
Flame Body
Nature: Naive
Level 70
- Toxic
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

I captured this Volcarona from the Relic Castle, and immediately took it over Simisear. I replaced Heat Wave with Flamethrower for the improved accuracy over a minor drop in power, while Bug Buzz provides another powerful STAB, with Quiver Dance ready to raise key stats when needed. Toxic is there as another choice of move when it is needed.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, i have leveled up since then and have gone on a huge training spree:

Samurott@Lv36
Adamant Nature
Torrent
-Slash
-Revenge
-Razor Shell
-Aqua Jet

Quite the powerhouse now. It is the best starter ever created IMO.

Swoobat@Lv30(Holds Lucky Egg)
Timid Nature
Unaware
-Confusion
-Fly
-Air Slash(It is Air Cutter, but I was in the gym when the battery went out)
-Calm Mind

Beastly. It is so fast it's brilliant. I love this little fella.

Whimsicott@Lv30(Holds Rocky Helmet)
Gentle Nature
Prankster
-Flash
-Leech Seed
-Tailwind
-Giga Drain

Top annoyer. Flash decreases accuracy which rocks.

Krokorok@Lv36
Naive Nature
Moxie
-Torment(Rock Slide/Stone Edge soon)
-Dig(Earthquake soon)
-Crunch
-Retaliate(Dragon Claw soon)

One of my favourites, of which is very powerful, too.

Darmanitan@Lv35
Jolly Nature
Sheer Force
-Hammer Arm
-Flare Blitz
-Fire Punch
-Strength

Insanely powerful! Like a truck! Flare Blitz is pownage.

Seismitoad@Lv36
Modest Nature
Poison Touch
-Aqua Ring
-Acid
-Muddy Water
-Mud Shot

Love this froggy! That's all.

mAdkip

I have a question.

I am getting White in a few days and I was wondering if you could give me advice about the teamset when I want to start with the fire starter ^^

well, with tepig you cover fire and fighting... I would suggest a Pidove or Blitzle, which you can catch early enough and are quite strong. Roggenrola as well (if you manage to trade it for later evolution). Then you need a grass/bug type, which you can catch in the forest.

JohnGazmon

I have a question.

If you're starting with Tepig, my suggestions would be thus;

Pansage/Simisage/Sawsbuck for Grass type
Seismitoad/Carrarosta for Water type
Swoobat/Sigilyph for Psychic/Flying or Reuniclus for Psychic
Braviary for Flying

Something along those lines, although once you're in-game you'll garner a pretty good idea of which Pokemon are good for you.

Covering most of the bases, and then be unorthodox with move allocation. For example, my Braviary covers taking out Fighting and Grass types with moves like Wing Attack, but also excells are being anti-Psychic and Ghost with Shadow Claw.

Status
Not open for further replies.