• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
Who else got fed up with the Wrap attack in the original games? You come across a Bellsprout (usually a speedy one), it uses Wrap and hurts you for up to 5 turns, during which you pretty much can't do anything. When you're finally freed, because it's so quick, it just uses Wrap again! This was a battle - winning move in the early stages of the game, but sucked when you were on the receiving end!

rescue_team_rocket

Pika, that's right!
Me too. You can't do a thing, unless you've got Gastly/Haunter/Gengar in front.

PkmnTrainerJ

Wrap was quite a ******* back then. Glad it was changed later.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
Wrap = hate in the original games.
And similar attacks (Fire Spin and Clamp) as well.
But wrap was the most common. So annoying.

LyraDestiny

I agree. It was annoying, although I loved my Dratini being able to kill Pokemon 10+ levels higher than it because it was fast and used wrap :D

Psychic

Really and truly
Wrap drove me insane in the original games, although lucky most of my Pokémon were faster than the wild ones, and few Trainer-owned Pokémon knew it in R/B/Y.

But in Pokémon Stadium, IT WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME WANT TO THROW THE CONSOLE OUT THE WINDOW. I've gotten to the end of the Pika Cup with only like, a Tentacruel to beat, and it would first poison me, then use that stupid Wrap attack! Ugh, it was just BEYOND cheap because 'Cruel was also so god-damned fast, and whenever I battled it my Pokémons' attacks never seemed to hit.

Talk about a frustrating attack. >>

~Psychic

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
But in Pokémon Stadium, IT WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME WANT TO THROW THE CONSOLE OUT THE WINDOW. I've gotten to the end of the Pika Cup with only like, a Tentacruel to beat, and it would first poison me, then use that stupid Wrap attack! Ugh, it was just BEYOND cheap because 'Cruel was also so god-damned fast, and whenever I battled it my Pokémons' attacks never seemed to hit.
I died to it in Stadiium as well. I think it was Lance, though. I had two Pokemon left, (one frozen), and Dragonair killed my full health Pokemon, forcing me to use my frozen Pikachu. Argh! ><

~Chibi~;249;;448;

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Ah yes. The "lock" attack. God, close to 85% accuracy, enough for this technique to hit its target, it's a big pain in the neck since RGBY. Don't know why they never thought of adding Rapid Spin or any other lock-destroying attacks for the 1st generation games. The other wrap-like attacks doesn't have much decent accuracy, except maybe Bind and Clamp with 75, but Wrap. Gosh, I hated that attack.

Last edited:

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
i hated wrap was such a pian in the but for me i hate that move in r/b/y

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Wrap could be really anoying, you just had to wait and wait and wait. Together with Toxic Wrap could also be a decent strategy though.

Darkloid_Blues

Frivolous Dreamer
You know...if you switch out directly after they use Wrap you get a free swap without them hitting you. In both Stadium and RBY.

As soon as I figured that out I was like, 'yeah, go ahead and use wrap. I wanted to swap out anyway and now you're letting me do it free.'

Status
Not open for further replies.