• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

armaldo or aggron??

• armaldo

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • aggron

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

swampert948

Hey guys, I am about to face the E4 in Emerald and this is my team. Criticism, suggestions and comments are more than welcome.

Swampert (Torrent) - Lv.49@ Mystic Water/Nevermeltice/Soft Sand
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Strength

Swellow (Guts) - Lv.47@ Silk Scarf
Fly
Return
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace

Gardevoir (Trace) - Lv.48@ Magnet
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect

Hariyama (Guts) - Lv. 48@ Shell Bell
Vital Throw
Facade
Fake-Out
Bulk Up

Cacturne (Sand Veil) - Lv.47@ Miracle Seed/Blackglasses
Needle Arm
Fain Attack
Leech Seed
Growth

Ninetales (Flash Fire) - Lv.46@ Charcoal
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray

Why not give Hariyama some stronger fighting attacks, or is that not possible?

swampert948

Can anybody here clarify for me that it is easier to catch a Feebas if the internal battery has run dry because the titles do not change, meaning that I can take as many days as I want to check all the tiles?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can anybody here clarify for me that it is easier to catch a Feebas if the internal battery has run dry because the titles do not change, meaning that I can take as many days as I want to check all the tiles?
It actually doesn't matter, as the spots where the Feebas are only change when you change the Trendy Phrase in Dewford Town.

swampert948

It actually doesn't matter, as the spots where the Feebas are only change when you change the Trendy Phrase in Dewford Town.
Oooh that's amazing! And thank you. That's a lot less cryptic than I thought. So what is it that changes daily in regards to Feebas? I mean I've always heard about something to do with that, if the tiles do not change, what does?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Oooh that's amazing! And thank you. That's a lot less cryptic than I thought. So what is it that changes daily in regards to Feebas? I mean I've always heard about something to do with that, if the tiles do not change, what does?
In Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, the Clock or the lack of a working one, doesn't affect Feebas.

However, In the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's Mt. Coronet, they do change the tiles daily. I can understand the confusion.

Also in ORAS, they added a few 100% spots which does change with the time of day, but in that game all tiles have a low Chance of a Feebas.

swampert948

In Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, the Clock or the lack of a working one, doesn't affect Feebas.

However, In the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's Mt. Coronet, they do change the tiles daily. I can understand the confusion.

Also in ORAS, they added a few 100% spots which does change with the time of day, but in that game all tiles have a low Chance of a Feebas.

You know I heard in a video that it was even harder to find Feebas in gen 4, and I was interested to find out what was the case. I still never got round to re-watching the video, but what you're saying explains it!

This is a bit of a so so question, but do you know if since my berries wont grow back, will I be able have access to enough resources to evolve Feebas into Milotic? Given that I make no mistakes with it.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can anyone confirm that Lapras can appear in Icefall Cave at level 45? I'm repelling with a level 41 leading my team, and absolutely no pokemon has spawned as long as a repel is active. I'm wondering if Serebii and Bulbapedia have it wrong, or if I'm just getting really horrible RNG. Maybe having an Illuminate leader would help?

https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/icefallcave.shtml#frlg-1f-3
Yikes, a 1% chance to find one.. So yeah. Back luck in your case, but then 1 in 100 odd don't exactly help you in your case. (At least for the Dex, you'd have gotten one via the Silph Co.) The Repel trick doesn't really help as the other Pokémon than Lapras can appear at Level 45 as well. Most Overworld Abilities don't work in LGFR, but the Sweet Scent Move can be used to trigger a battle.

EDIT: Given that already have access to the Four Island Daycare, and most Areas where there is a Ditto, you should be able can breed it.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Yikes, a 1% chance to find one.. So yeah. Back luck in your case, but then 1 in 100 odd don't exactly help you in your case. (At least for the Dex, you'd have gotten one via the Silph Co.) The Repel trick doesn't really help as the other Pokémon than Lapras can appear at Level 45 as well. Most Overworld Abilities don't work in LGFR, but the Sweet Scent Move can be used to trigger a battle.
It's more about filtering out all the low level mons than trying to only find Lapras, but it's really weird that NOTHING spawns when I have a repel active. I got my Silph Co Lapras, but I need a female for my complete living dex challenge. I'm in the process of catching a male and female of everything (whether they have gender differences or not in the later games). I switched over to breeding for the female when I got discouraged by the repel situation, but I still wanted confirmation on whether they actually can appear over level 40.

Edit: apparently images aren't allowed in this thread? but I fired up the old Encounter calculator and it says with a lv 41 repel trick, Lapras should have a 7.1% encounter rate. Maybe I was just having really bad luck.

Last edited:

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I just have a question about version exclusives in Sapphire. I could've sworn that Nuzleaf was exclusive to Ruby but I just checked my PC in Sapphire and realized that I have a Nuzleaf that was caught at Route 114 in that game. I didn't cheat to get it and I'm confused about where it came from since I can't remember catching Nuzleaf in Sapphire because it's been 10 years since I played it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just have a question about version exclusives in Sapphire. I could've sworn that Nuzleaf was exclusive to Ruby but I just checked my PC in Sapphire and realized that I have a Nuzleaf that was caught at Route 114 in that game. I didn't cheat to get it and I'm confused about where it came from since I can't remember catching Nuzleaf in Sapphire because it's been 10 years since I played it.
Should've been a traded Pokémon because you shouldn't find Nuzleaf in the wild in Sapphire. Does it have the same or different OT name and number to your player?

TwilightBlade

I did a quick search on Bulbapedia and from what I read Nuzleaf can be found in the wild in Sapphire version if you previously mixed records with Emerald version. A Nuzleaf outbreak from Emerald would've been transferred over to your Sapphire version.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I did a quick search on Bulbapedia and from what I read Nuzleaf can be found in the wild in Sapphire version if you previously mixed records with Emerald version. A Nuzleaf outbreak from Emerald would've been transferred over to your Sapphire version.

That must be what happened. I knew about swarms getting transferred to other games when you mix records, but I didn't know that Nuzleaf was one of the swarms that could be transferred.

On a different note can Japanese GBA games trade with English GBA games or is that restricted?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
On a different note can Japanese GBA games trade with English GBA games or is that restricted?
Pokémon from Japanese GBA games can be traded with Pokémon from English GBA games. Only in Ruby and Sapphire version 1.0 will their names be treated as nicknames and keep their foreign names upon evolution. Other than that, when you evolve a foreign Pokémon in the GBA games, their name will be the name of the evolved Pokémon in the language of their game of origin.

nanomugen

Hi everyone, I playing again FireRed.
I captured a Geodude and when I saw at serebii site the base stats of Geodude, Graveler and Golem, obviously the most evolved has better base stats. and the least evolved learn move levels before.
My question: whats the diference between evolve Geodude to Graveler or Graveler to Golem? If I evolve Graveler as soon as he evolves from Geodude, this change the stats when he is at level 100( I mean, stead of wait some levels to trade)?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi everyone, I playing again FireRed.
I captured a Geodude and when I saw at serebii site the base stats of Geodude, Graveler and Golem, obviously the most evolved has better base stats. and the least evolved learn move levels before.
My question: whats the diference between evolve Geodude to Graveler or Graveler to Golem? If I evolve Graveler as soon as he evolves from Geodude, this change the stats when he is at level 100( I mean, stead of wait some levels to trade)?
Geodude to Graveler: The better stats that Graveler has does make a difference when leveling up, but Geodude get the level up moves sooner if you don't evolve. Graveler to Golem: Outside of Stat changes, there will very few differences outside of a few TMs and Move Tutor moves that Golem can only learn.

Lv 100 stats for Golem, assuming that everything else is the same: The Geodude that Evolved at Level 25 will be the same as the Geodude the evolved at level 99.

This site (which I used during the hey day of Gen 3 and 4, besides Serebii,) has a very nice comparison tool: https://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/comp...okemon=graveler&pokemon=Golem&version_group=7
This comparison tool isn't part of Serebii.net at this time, at least as far as I am aware.

Personally, if I was to delay Geodude's Evolution I'd probably only do it for Rollout, which can be useful for rock weak Pokémon.

nanomugen

Geodude to Graveler: The better stats that Graveler has does make a difference when leveling up, but Geodude get the level up moves sooner if you don't evolve. Graveler to Golem: Outside of Stat changes, there will very few differences outside of a few TMs and Move Tutor moves that Golem can only learn.

Lv 100 stats for Golem, assuming that everything else is the same: The Geodude that Evolved at Level 25 will be the same as the Geodude the evolved at level 99.

This site (which I used during the hey day of Gen 3 and 4, besides Serebii,) has a very nice comparison tool: *link*
This comparison tool isn't part of Serebii.net at this time, at least as far as I am aware.

Personally, if I was to delay Geodude's Evolution I'd probably only do it for Rollout, which can be useful for rock weak Pokémon.
So, just to be clear, early evolution will make difference of having a Golem with better stats at lv100? Or this diference of base/max stats will be offset at lv 99(for example)
If I evolve Geodude at lv 25 and trade him and get Golem and fight to lv 100. This one will have better stats than Geodude evolve at lv 99 and trade to evolve to Golem and than reach lv 100?(assuming everything else is the same)

Sorry to bother, I just got confused.

Houka

For the most part it make no difference state wise, EV/IV can play a role but other wise it doesn't really matter when you let Geodude or Graveler evolve, the game will make adjustment according. What does matter is it's moves as Geodude can learn moves sooner and Golem has move that he'll only use/learn. It comes down to if you really want some move earlier other wise ya can let him evolve and he'll still learn them.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
What is the most feasible way to evolve a Haunter in Pokemon FireRed Version? I am not quite sure what kind of hardware is needed, in addition, I am not sure if my playing on a Nintendo DS instead of a Game Boy Advance changes any of the rules regarding trading.