• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Well, I could say......

Pokemon is against the Flying Spaghetti Monster, mocking it with Tengala!

And then, Rapidash isn't invisible, making less people believe in the power of the Invisible Pink Unicorn!

....But that's stupid.

By the way, my little sister (Manaphy123) goes to church, and she adores the "Jiggly Puff," the "Demon."

And"Bulbasore" happened to be my first pokemon, and it's to
friendly to be an evil demon.
ironic dont you think? almost every CHRISTIAN i know is a pokemon fan
Same here. In fact, one of the only two I know who don't(That I know are Christian, I don't talk about religion much) used to be.

Last edited:
completely unrelated but im an atheist christian
+ im the one who found that post

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
Oh, there's another interesting attack: Surf. In game, it's a very powerful move with 95 Base Power. But in real life, it does nothing, except, well, surfing on the waves.

NamuSkull

Pampering Vaporeon..
We don't worship pokemon, we become die hard fans of it. There's nothing wrong with that.
If these guys are so bent out of shape about it, they might as well call Marvel, DC, Disney, and vice versa evil.
But since they won't, I'm gonna enjoy my top 3 favorite pokemon in my sig.
Especially that cute and cuddly Vaporeon xD. *squeals*

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
I would use pokemon for EVIL !!! (like, duh...). Let's see what I can do, umm, stealing money, cheating in the school tests, fighting with friends, peeking the girls' bathroom, control my girl classmate's mind to ... Oh no, I'm giving too many details about this lol.

You forget that the people who accuse Pokemon of Satanism and sacrilege are also intelligent people with their reasons for doing so. Instead of investigating their reasons, why do you outrightly claim innocence and righteousness and then proceed to turn the thread into a one-sided laugh fest, when all you have done is dismissed whatever accusation is hurled at you?

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
You forget that the people who accuse Pokemon of Satanism and sacrilege are also intelligent people with their reasons for doing so. Instead of investigating their reasons, why do you outrightly claim innocence and righteousness and then proceed to turn the thread into a one-sided laugh fest, when all you have done is dismissed whatever accusation is hurled at you?

True, but calling Jiggles a demon and accusing bulbasaur of devil worship/whatever is a wee bit extreme. Arceus is almost inevitably the most anti-Christian pokemon (worship (?) other deitys) and it didn't get attacked. Likewise with the cloning that created Mewtwo and making artificial life in the forms of the Porygon family.
He wasn't attacking the right pokemon and accusing the nicer ones of being evil.

They are not directly criticizing the fictional characters in Pokemon, but actually the behavioral disorders they can sometime cause. Pokemon, as we all know is an addictive series. However, when children get so addicted to it that it hinders and/or affects their everyday functioning then parents and other authoritative figures start becoming paranoid. The religious people are just taking a religious stand on it. If you ask a psychologist, he/she'll give you a rational explanation. The christian explanations are meant for christian parents, and nothing else.

moonlightning

It's most definately a cult, why else would we practice the ritual every Pokemon Sunday?

But seriously, it does seem a bit fishy, Why would such a devolted group of followers extract every piece of information, try every combination, dream, write, draw, sprite, talk about, live and breathe Pokemon? ( When other more important issues are not available.)

You must also realize that most of these things are trolls, and are not by actual christians/extremists. You must acknowledge that and not prosecute the entire religious community for it.

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
You're just a rebellious teenager who gets made fun of for liking pokemon, anime and general japanese things to the point of introvertedness. You get bullied at school, tell yourself you're awesome online and as a result are rebellious to the norms of society such as religion.

Geek.

Mr. Mod says timeout in the corner for Oddy.

But yeah, that Christian is talking Bull****. Pokemon = Fiction. Fiction = Not reel. Not reel = Not a cult.

Christians are pompous twats who have nothing better to do than slander and tell people they're worshiping the wrong god.

Eloi

Christians are pompous twats who have nothing better to do than slander and tell people they're worshiping the wrong god.

All 2.2 billion of them? Wow, they all have the same personality? M'kay, that makes a lot of sense that 1/3 of the population of Earth fulfill that one stereotype.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

If you really think that you can just make a huge generalization like that based on this one guy who calls himself a Christian, you're just as stupid as that preacher.

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
Why does everyone think that all christians are a bunch of jerks who only want to shove our relion into there life.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Why does everyone think that all christians are a bunch of jerks who only want to shove our relion into there life.

Because some people that call themselves Christians really do act like that, so people just assume that, by golly, every real Christian must be the exact same way. It's called stereotyping.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin

from the things that have been going on, I can understand why people think that about Christians

You guys are coming off as extremely ignorant if you don't look at the implications this (albeit ridiculous) accusation has presented. It is a true fact that little children get addicted to Pokemon and become part of a financial trap. Christians simply view it as the work of Satan.

Status
Not open for further replies.