• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No game ideas.

Sneekitgit

Absol Army
Nuzlocke varients

I've recently been playing ORAS and I decided that I would do a variant of a wonderlocke an I decided that after each gym I would wondertrade away all of my pokemon and get a completely new set. This can add the aspect of randomness to your playthroughs and I enjoyed it a lot more than a regular wonderlocke It did mean having to say goodbye to some good mons (diancie and garchomp for me) but it made the game a lotmore challenging since most people wondertrade level 1s.

KillerDraco

That's nice. This didn't need a thread though, since you posting about something you did doesn't exactly leave a lot of room for discussion.

P.S. - There's a section for challenge runs, including Nuzlockes.

Closed.

KillerDraco

That's up to you. There's over 700 Pokemon so the choice is yours.

We've got team rating sections if you've got a team and you want feedback on it, but this isn't the place to ask someone to choose a team for you.

Closed.

MasterSieder

Pokemon Friends?

Hi I am not new to the serebii site but just made my first account now after finding this site like 4 years ago but I read the rules and didn't see any where that a topic like this was not aloud and I didn't see a part of the forum about looking for friends so I guessed my best bet would be here.

I am mainly here looking for Pokémon Friends for X/Y I want the unlock more zones for the Safari at this time I only have like 5 Friends and I think there is a total of like 54 Safari zones I will NOT find 49 friends but I would like the boost the number so if you would like to unlock more zones leave your Nintendo ID and IGN so we can add each other.

ID 4141-5089-0155
IGN Jamie
The same IGN for X & ORAS

MasterSieder

Thank's didn't think to look in the trade forum

Zeathus

Professor
Mega Evolution Theory - Dunsparce

;206; Dunsparce ;206;
--------------------------------
In this post I will go through my personal opinion for how a Mega Dunsparce could turn out in a future pokemon game. The theory/speculation can either be read directly on this thread, or viewed in video format on my youtube channel. The video is easily found by either searching my username or the title of the thread on youtube.

Regular Dunsparce:
Stats: HP: 100, Attack: 70, Defense: 70, Sp.Atk: 65, Sp.Def: 65, Speed: 45
When it comes to Dunsparce's base stats, it is nothing to brag about. It's only good stat is HP, which is 100, while everything else is either 70 or below. Dusparce only has one truly good ability, which is Serene Grace. Run Away has no competitive use, while Rattled is way to situational. Serene grace gives Dunsparce a high chance to flinch opponents with moves like Rock Slide, but its low speed stat makes flinching hopeless. The attack stats are way to low for any kind of attacker, while defenses are just a little too low to make it a strong bulky pokemon.It's basic Normal typing has potential for bulky pokemon, but no offensive potential. Dunsparce is a great example for a pokemon that just can't make it. There are two ways Game Freak could go about when making a Mega Evolution for Dunsparce. Either an offensive approach, or a defensive approach.

Offensive Mega Dunsparce:
Stats: HP: 100, Attack: 110, Defense: 80, Sp.Atk: 95, Sp.Def: 75, Speed: 55
If Dunsparce were to go for an offensive approach. It would need major boosts in its attack and special attack, while gaining a little more speed, and possibly seeing some improvement on it's natual bulk. This would make Dunsparce a swift sweeper if it gets to set up an agility. The small growth in it's base speed would be just enough to outspeed the major threats. With the bulk Dunsparce already has, it won't be a glass cannon like Greninja or Blaziken. It carries Roost, and would not be easy to take down with only a Fighting type weakness. When I first thought of Mega Dunsparce I immagined something like a Dragon-typing, but I looked further into it's movepool, and it doesn't have good enough moves to support that typing. The only other additional type that would support its movepool would be Ground. No Mega Evolutions change the primary typing of a pokemon, and Normal/Ground isn't a good defensive typing, and only a decent offensive typing. Keeping Dunsparce as a mono-normal type would make the most sense.

When it comes to abilities it could be something like Huge Power or Pure Power, in contrast with its lack of power before. This would make Dunsparce a monster when using Return or Double-Edge.
Another ability it could have is Scrappy, which would allow it to hit Ghost-types with the STAB Normal-type attacks, and that's never a bad thing.
My personal favorite is the ability Simple. It would double any stat change given to Dunsparce. This would also mean that pokemon with Intimidate would hurt it more, but every power comes with a flaw. With simple it would outspeed everything after one single agility, or be either a physical or special sweeper because of it's access to moves like Calm Mind, and Coil. Giving it Curse would make it one of the best pokemon for the use of Trick Room.

Defensive Mega Dunsparce:
Stats: HP: 100, Attack: 80, Defense: 110, Sp.Atk: 75, Sp.Def: 105, Speed: 45
For a defensive Mege Dunsparce it would just need to switch around the stats of the offensive approach. Giving it a major boost to both its defenses instead. While being a defensive pokemon it doesn't have the same needs of outspeeding the opponent, therefore putting its previous speed investments into special defense instead. It would get small boosts to attack and special attack, just like how it got small boosts to defense and special defense offensively. With base 100 HP and only a fighting weakness, Mega Dunsparce would be a pain to take down. Either because it keeps roosting, or uses moves like Coil or Calm Mind to get more bulk, while also getting more offensive power.

For abilities I could imagine either Limber or Immunity being great abilities, especially Immunity. Whenever you try to take down a wall that isn't Steel-type, the regular approach is to use Toxic, but with immunity that won't work. Limber would instead stop being paralyzed, which is also highly beneficial.
I still think Simple is a great ability for Dunsparce, because then it could boost it's defenses and offensive power even faster, but maybe so fast it would be a little bit unbalanced in the end.

Tell me if there is a specific pokemon you would like me to cover!
That's the end of my thread. Thank you for reading!

I just started my youtube channel, and I need some constructive feedback. It would be really appreciated if you took some time to say what you think of the video as well.

Ash And Misty Been In Love?

Dubbing is said to change some of the sentences while the translation but I do not believe it.They include facial flushing stage , the proposal Misty'n marriage is real , I think.Do you think there is something between them ? I think there is , and Misty someday return.

KillerDraco

There's a shipping section in the Pokémon anime subforum. This didn't need a thread here.

Closed.

Draig

Harbinger of Destiny
Seriously though... who's cuter?

Mudkip or Piplup?
Charmander or Chimchar?
Bulbasaur or Chespin?

LeLouch Lawliet

LeLouch and C.C.
Spirit Pokemon

So this is a little thing to find your Pokemon that I made. I don't like mine but hey at least it's a Water type. It turned out to be Carracosta.

Take your birthday and split it up in two digit groups. If you have a day or month with one digit then count that as two digits. Now multiply them to get a number. Once you get the number split it into two digit groups and add them up to make a 3 digit number.

Example
Birthday - 11x17x19x91
Number Result - 32-33-23
Spirit Pokemon Number 565

If the number result makes numbers greater than 9 then add them up to create a three digit number.

Example
Number Result - 39-75-29
Number Result 2 - 12-12-11
Spirit Pokemon Number - 332

Feel free to post yours and what you think about what you got and remember it's just for fun :)

PlatinumD3

Powersaves

I'm back, after about a year.

So I've been lately decided to dig into competitive battling. I can hopefully get a powersave within the next month or two. However, I need to know how to create a Pokemon, set it's EVs, IVs, Natures, Moveset, Gender, if it's Shiny or not, etc., to what I want. I also want to know how to get unlimited cash, battle points, etc.

If anyone could help me, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.