• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sevatar

Considering catching up on the pokemon franchise.

Hello all, recently I have considered returning to playing pokemon something I haven't done in 8 years. My interest has recently been reignited and well considering how time moves onward and services close down in regards to online features I figured it was worth asking prior to making any actions.

Would it be possible for me to transfer my collection of pokemon from Diamond/Pearl (those are the last 2 games I played prior to stopping 8 years ago) and jump from generation to generation up to the most current or would something prevent me from doing that?

BCVM22

The transfer chain from Generation IV to Generation VI (and soon VII) is unbroken, so it is doable. You'll require at least one game from each of the involved generations, however, and the first leg of the journey requires a second system. And as you can only send over six Pokémon in one sitting, transferring an entire "collection" is a task of considerable time.

You'll have better luck asking further questions in the right place.

Last edited:

SWMegaFan

Got back into Pokemon games and bought Pokémon X & OR; want to play online now

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum for a post of this type (mods, feel free to move it if you need to).

I decided to get back into playing Pokémon (after an 11+-year hiatus from my GBA days) a few weeks ago. I bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL and got Pokémon X and OR and have already pre-ordered Pokémon Sun.

I actually played the original Pokémon Ruby game back in the day (though I sold that, along with my GBA, way back then) so I was a little familiar with the story and adventure. However, I did wanted to try out the mega evolutions and well as using Primal Groudon. Hence, I've mostly been playing this one first to get it out of the way and with the help of a strategy guide (lol), I've already beaten it, just starting the Delta episode (and this was without the help from a bunch of level 100 Pokémon that I got from trades); in fact, I started playing OR on Sept. 2nd and beat the Elite Four (and the champion) last night.

But I digress; anyway, the main point of this point is to let you know that I now want to get into the online functionality of these games, specifically battling others and participating in tournaments. I'm assuming that there's a dedicated forum about this kind of stuff but I wanted to inquire on how I can play against members of the Serebii.net forum, as well as trading with members of said forum. I see a lot of you have your Friends ID codes in your signatures (as well as some other credentials); I'm guessing I should do that as well? Please help a novice out lol.

Pokémon Nickname List

Over the years I’ve had a lot of Pokémon to name and, being a bit of a wordsmith, I really put my heart and soul into finding exactly the right fit.
And so I’ve complied a fair list - full of characters from various mythologies, pop-culture, Latin and Greek words, Japanese words, and just plain unusual words that seem to fit either the elemental nature of Pokémon, or the ‘battling’ lifestyle.
I recently decided to ditch my coffee-stained notebook, write it up and share. I hope my fellow trainers find it useful, and if it can save one Pikachu from being named 'Sparky', I'll consider it a job well done!

Absinthe - a potent green aniseed-flavoured liqueur, beloved by goths
Abyss - a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm
Ace – a playing card with a single spot on it, ranked as the highest card in its suit in most card games. A person who excels at a sport or activity. Also, Portgus D. Ace, Ace Ventura
Aeon - an indefinite and very long period of time
Aftershock – a smaller earthquake following the main shock of a large earthquake
Anarchy - disorder
Astro - relating to space. Also, Astro Boy
Asura – In Indian mythology, a god or demon
Atropine – a poison derived from plants such as deadly nightshade
Aura - the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place
Aurora - the ancient Roman goddess of the dawn. Also, the aurora borealis or Northern Lights and aurora australis or Southern Lights.
Azazel – a fallen angel
Azure - bright blue in colour like a cloudless sky.

Babble – talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way; (of a stream) make the continuous murmuring sound of water flowing over stones
Babel - a confused noise made by a number of voices
Bane – a cause of great distress or annoyance. Also, something, especially poison, which causes death
Banshee - in Irish legend, a female spirit whose wailing warns of a death in a house
Bedlam – a scene of uproar and confusion. (Historically a name for insane asylums)
Belladonna – deadly nightshade
Bandit – a robber or outlaw
Blossom – a flower; to flower
Brawl - a rough or noisy fight or quarrel
Brazen - bold and without shame. Also lit. ‘made of brass’
Breeze – a gentle wind, or a thing that is easy to accomplish
Briar – a prickly shrub
Buzz - a low, continuous humming or murmuring sound, made by or similar to that made by an insect. Also, an atmosphere of excitement and activity

Calamity – a disaster
Calyx – usually green, it is the leafy substance that functions as protection for a flower in bud, and often as support for the petals when in bloom
Cardinal – of the greatest importance, fundamental; a red songbird.
Cascade – small consecutive waterfalls
Celeste - a Latin word meaning “heavenly”
Century – a period of one hundred years
Charger - a horse ridden by a knight or cavalryman
Charm - the power or quality of delighting, attracting, or fascinating others. An object, act, or saying believed to have magic power.
Cinders - small pieces of partly burnt coal or wood
Clamour - a loud and confused noise, especially that of people shouting
Clash - a violent confrontation; a mismatch of colours; or a loud jarring sound, as of metal objects being struck together.
Cobalt - a hard silvery-white magnetic metal
Coal - a combustible black or dark brown rock used as fuel
Coax - persuade someone gradually or gently to do something
Comet - celestial object in outer space made of ice and rock that develops a long, bright tail when it passes near the sun
Corolla – The collective term for the petals of a flower
Corrode - destroy or weaken something gradually, such as with acid
Cosmo/Cosmos – the universe
Crash – a violent collision, or a loud explosive noise
Craven - lacking in courage; cowardly

Dash - run or travel somewhere in a great hurry; to strike or smash violently, especially so as to destroy
Dally - act or move slowly
Dare – have the courage to do something; defy or challenge; to risk
Daunt – make someone feel intimated or apprehensive
Daze – to stupefy; or a state of being confused or bewildered
Deluge – a great flood of water; or an overwhelming amount of something in general
Desire – a strong wish or want
Dew - tiny drops of water that form on cool surfaces at night
Discord – a disagreement between people, or a lack of harmony between notes sounding together
Dies Irae - a Latin hymn sung in a Mass for the dead
Dismay – concern and distress caused by something unexpected; to cause someone to feel concern and distress
Disorder – a state of confusion
Dodge – to avoid someone or something with a quick movement, to evade
Dune - a sand hill or sand ridge formed by the wind (also a fantastic book and cult film)
Dusk – nightfall; shadowy, dim or dark
Dystopia - an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad

Echo – the reflection of sound or other radiation by a reflecting medium - bats and dolphins use echolocation; also a nymph deprived of speech by Hera in order to stop her chatter, and left able only to repeat what others had said
Eclipse – to obscure or hide; to make less outstanding or important by comparison, surpass; (of a celestial body) obscure the light from or to (another celestial body)
Eden - an unspoilt paradise
Elysium – in ancient Greek mythology, the place at the ends of the earth to which certain favoured heroes were conveyed by the gods after death; the afterlife
Enamour – to inspire with love, captivate, charm
Enigma - a person or thing that is mysterious or difficult to understand
Erebus/Erebos – deep darkness, shadow; in Greek mythology, the personification of darkness
Evening – the end of the day

Fable - a short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral; to tell fictitious tales
Faith - complete trust or confidence in someone or something
Falter - hesitate, waver
Fate - the supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events; In classical mythology, the three goddesses who preside over the birth and life of humans. Each person was thought of as a spindle, around which the three Fates (Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos) would spin the thread of human destiny
Fault – a fracture in rock where there has been movement and displacement. One of the major boundaries between tectonic plates on earth; or, a character weakness; a defect; a mistake
Fenrir, Skoll and Hati – mythical wolves from Norse mythology. Fenrir is a son of Loki, and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök. Skoll was said to chase the sun across the sky, and Hati the moon.
Feral – existing in a wild or untamed state
Fern - a flowerless plant which has feathery or leafy fronds
Ferrous – a Latin wold meaning ‘containing iron’ (also looks/sounds a little like ‘ferocious’)
Fizz – to bubble or froth; or to show excitement or exhilaration
Flare - a sudden brief burst of bright flame or light
Flow - to move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid; To exhibit a smooth or graceful continuity
Fortuna – a Latin word meaning ‘fate’ or ‘luck’
Fortune – destiny, especially favourable; a prediction about a person’s future; good luck; wealth
Fracas – a noisy, disorderly disturbance or fight; riotous brawl; uproar
Fraud – deliberate deception, trickery, or cheating intended to gain an advantage; (of a person) an imposter, or someone who acts in a false or deceitful way
Fume - emit gas or vapour; feel, show, or express great anger
Fury - violent anger, rage; also, in classical mythology, the Furies (or Erinyes) were goddesses of vengeance and were named Tisiphone (or Tilphousia) Megaira and Alekto.
Fusillade - A series of shots fired or missiles thrown all at the same time or in quick succession; a barrage or bombardment

Gaia/Gaea – In Greek mythology, the personification of the earth and mother of all life
Gallifrey – Doctor Who’s home-world
Gambit - something that you do or say that is intended to achieve an advantage and usually involves taking a risk
Gin – Japanese for ‘silver’; also, Ginko meaning ‘silver child’
Glint – a small flash of light, especially a reflected one
Glimmer – a faint or wavering light; or, a dim perception, a trace
Glissade – from the French ‘glisser’ meaning to slip or slide
Gossamer - a fine, filmy cobweb seen on grass or bushes or floating in the air in calm weather, especially in autumn; something extremely light, flimsy, or delicate.
Grimalkin – (archaic) a cat; a spiteful old woman
Gruff - brusque or stern in manner or appearance; a hoarse or harsh voice

Hale – strong and healthy, robust
Halcyon - denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; also, a mythical bird said by ancient writers to breed in a nest floating at sea at the winter solstice, charming the wind and waves into calm
Harmony – An orderly or pleasing combination of elements in a whole; agreement, accord; or, pleasant musical sound made by different notes being played or sung at the same time
Harpy - a sub-species of eagle; an evil creature in Greek mythology that is part woman and part bird; an angry and unpleasant woman
Havoc – widespread destruction
Hazard – a danger or risk
Honour - high regard or great respect given, received, or enjoyed
Hope - a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen
Horo – Japanese word meaning ‘hollow’ (or ghost)
Hubris - describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous over-confidence
Hymn - a song of praise or joy, usually giving thanks to a god, a nation etc.

Icarus - the boy who famously flew too high and burnt his wings, from the ancient Greek myth
Illusion - something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality
Impulse - a sudden strong desire to do something; a small amount of energy that moves from one area to another
Intrigue – a mysterious or fascinating quality; or, a secret or underhand scheme
Irk - irritate; annoy

Jackal – a wild dog, a scavenger and pack hunter often attributed with rougish qualities; a person who performs dishonest or base deeds as the follower or accomplice of another; a person who performs menial or degrading tasks for another
Jangle – a ringing metallic sound
Jet/Jett – a black gemstone; a deep black; also meaning a stream of a liquid, gas, or small solid particles forcefully shooting forth from a nozzle, orifice, etc.
Jigsaw – a puzzle

Kagewani – a Japanese word meaning ‘shadow crocodile’
Khaos/Chaos - in Greek mythology the first god who precedes the universe
Kelpie – in Scottish folklore, a shapeshifting water spirit, often taking the shape of a horse
Kishin - a Japanese word made up of the characters 'ogre' and 'god'
Kronos/Cronus – Father of Zeus, a titan
Kuma – Japanese for ‘bear’

Labyrinth – a maze
Lace – a pretty, delicate fabric; to entwine things together
Lacuna – a gap or omission
Lady – a dignified woman
Lament – a passionate expression of grief or sorrow
Lamia – in classical mythology, a seductress with the body of a snake
Lazarus – the name of a man who was restored to life
Leaf – of plants, foliage
Leafa – the name of a fairy-like character from the anime Sword Art Online
Leiurus – a genus of scorpion, the most common species being the Deathstalker scorpion
Liberty - freedom
Lightning – a brilliant and high-voltage electric spark discharge in the atmosphere; very quick
Loki - in Norse mythology, a cunning trickster who had the ability to change his shape and sex
Lore - collective knowledge or wisdom on a particular subject, esp. of a traditional nature
Lukos – Greek for wolf, Lykos and Lycus are mythological characters with names derived from it
Lullaby - a quiet, gentle song sung to send a child to sleep
Luna - the ancient Roman goddess personifying the moon
Lure - to tempt or attract by the promise of some type of reward

Malady – a sickness
Malice – ill-will
Malign – evil in nature or effect
Marauder – a raider, a looter, a pirate
Maverick - an unorthodox or independent-minded person
Mercy - compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm
Melody – a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying; a tune
Mero – "Mero mero" is a Japanese onomatopoeia of "to fall down drunk", including being overcome with emotion such as love or lust
Midnight – twelve o’clock at night; the middle of the night; ‘the witching hour’
Mirage - an optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions
Mischief – playful misbehaviour especially on the part of children
Mjolnir –In Norse mythology, the name of Thor’s hammer
Murmur - a low sound made when many people are speaking; or a way of speaking that is quiet and soft
Mutiny – a revolt, a riot
Mystery - something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain; a riddle; a secret
Myth – a traditional story; a widely held but false belief or idea

Naenia – a genus of moth known as ‘The Gothic’
Naiad/Naia – meaning to flow, water. In classical mythology - a water nymph said to inhabit a river, spring, or waterfall
Narcissa – feminine form of Narcissus, from Greek mythology, famed for falling in love with his own reflection
Nebula – an interstellar cloud
Necrosis – the death of body tissue
Nectar - the secretion of a plant which attracts the insects or birds that pollinate the flower; in classical mythology, the drink of the gods
Nemesis - something that a person cannot conquer, achieve, etc.; a goddess usually portrayed as the agent of divine punishment for wrongdoing or presumption (hubris)
Nettle – a herbaceous plant which has jagged leaves covered with stinging hairs; to irritate or annoy someone
Nidhogg – black dragon from Norse mythology
Nitro – short for nitro glycerine, an explosive yellow liquid used in explosives such as dynamite; a nitro engine, specifically designed engines found in drag racing
Noble – of noble birth; good, honourable
Nomad - a person who does not stay long in the same place; a wanderer
Norigami – a Japanese word, lit. ‘stray god’
Nova - a star that suddenly becomes thousands of times brighter and then gradually fades to its original intensity
Nudge – a light touch or push, a gentle prod
Nyx – Ancient Greek word meaning ‘night’; in Greek mythology, a goddess - the personification of Night

Obsidian – a type of black stone that is harder than steel
Obloquy – strong public condemnation; disgrace
Odium – hatred or disgust incurred by someone as a result of their actions
Odyssey - a long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience
Okami – Japanese video game, the name meaning both wolf and god
Omega – The last letter of the Greek alphabet, ‘the end’
Omen - an event regarded as a portent of good or evil
Ouroboros - a circular symbol depicting a snake, or less commonly a dragon, swallowing its tail, as an emblem of wholeness or infinity
Outlaw - a wanted criminal, a fugitive, outcast or exile

Pace – a single step taken when walking or running; moving at a steady speed; walking back and forth in an agitated manner
Parody - a humorously exaggerated imitation
Patience - the ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed
Peace – calm, restfulness, tranquillity
Penance - punishment inflicted on oneself as an outward expression of repentance for wrongdoing
Peril – danger, risk
Petal – one of the often coloured segments of the corolla of a flower
Phantom – a ghost
Plague - a serious, potentially life-threatening infectious disease; an infestation, a thing causing trouble or irritation
Prayer - to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship).
Purity - to be untainted

Quake - (especially of the earth) shake or tremble
Quantum - a quantity or amount, a specified portion, something that can be counted or measured
Quartz – a hard mineral, usually colourless or white
Quasar - an astronomical object that emits massive amounts of electromagnetic radiation.
Quell - to put down forcibly; suppress
Quest - a long or arduous search for something
Quicksilver – mercury; having properties of mercury - moving or changing rapidly and unpredictably; erratic or fickle
Quiver – tremble or shake

Rabble - a disorderly crowd, a mob
Raiden/Rayden – Character from Mortal Kombat, based on the Japanese thunder god Raijin
Ragnarök - the final battle between the gods and the powers of evil
Rapture - ecstatic joy or delight
Rara Avis – a Latin word meaning oddity, curiosity, rarity
Raum – a high-ranking demon, often appearing in the form of a crow
Rebel – renegade, revolutionary, anarchist
Relic - a surviving memorial of something past
Renegade - a person who deserts a party or cause for another, a traitor
Ransom - the redemption of a prisoner, slave, or kidnapped person, or captured goods, etc., for a price
Resolve - to come to a definite or earnest decision; firm determination
Revere - feel deep respect or admiration for something
Revelry - lively and noisy festivities
Reverie - a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream
Rhapsody - an impassioned speech or sentiment
Ricochet - a shot or hit that rebounds off a surface
Riddle - a mystifying, misleading, or puzzling question posed as a problem to be solved or guessed
Riot - a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd; an impressively large or varied display of something; a highly amusing or entertaining person or thing
Risk – a situation involving exposure to danger
Rogue - a dishonest or unprincipled man; scoundrel; rascal
Rouse – to wake up; to make angry or excited
Ruin - destroy, spoil, or damage irreparably; the remains of a building, city, etc., that has been destroyed or that is in disrepair or a state of decay
Rune – characters of an ancient Germanic alphabet; any obscure piece of writing using mysterious symbols; a poem

Sabre – a sword
Sage – a herb; a profoundly wise person
Saturnine – gloomy; (archaic) relating to lead
Savage - fierce, violent, and uncontrolled; primitive; uncivilized
Scamper - (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement
Scandal - a disgraceful action or event
Scatter - to throw about in various directions; strew
Scorn - open disrespect for someone or something
Sear - burn or scorch the surface of something with a sudden, intense heat
Seethe – (of a liquid) boil or be turbulent as if boiling; (of a person) be filled with intense but unexpressed anger
Serendipity – an unexpected but happy accident
Shade - slight darkness caused by something blocking direct light; a ghost
Shadow - a dark area or shape made when an object blocks light; a source of gloom or unhappiness; an inseparable companion or follower
Shame - a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behaviour; dishonour
Shift - a slight change in position, direction, or tendency; to be evasive of indirect
Silence - complete absence of sound
Singe - to burn superficially or slightly; scorch
Sleipnir – an eight-legged horse, birthed by Loki and given to Odin as a gift
Smoulder - to burn slowly without flame, usually emitting smoke; to have strong repressed or half repressed feelings, esp. anger
Solace - comfort or consolation
Sorrow – grief, sadness
Spur -a short spike or spiked wheel that attaches to the heel of a rider's boot and is used to urge a horse forward; an incentive; a spike or protrusion
Stardust - a magical or charismatic quality or feeling; a mass of distant stars appearing as tiny particles of dust
Starlight - the light that comes from the stars
Storm - violent weather; an outburst, uproar or controversy; forcibly or angrily entering or leaving a place; to be suddenly extremely successful in a place or with a group of people:
Sully – to soil, stain or tarnish; to make dirty
Surge - a strong, wavelike, forward movement, rush, or sweep; (electrical) an unexpected, temporary increase in the current or voltage
Syrinx – In classical mythology, a nymph transformed into hollow reeds, which were cut and made into the first set of pan pipes; (ornithology). the vocal organ of birds

Taboo - forbidden or disapproved of
Talon - a claw, especially one belonging to a bird of prey
Tangle - twist together into a confused mass; ensnare
Tarot – a set of cards used for fortune-telling
Tarry - to remain or stay; to linger
Tempest – a violent, windy storm
Tenebrae - Latin for ‘shadows’ or ‘darkness’
Thorn/Thorne - a small, sharp pointed growth on the stem of a plant
Tornado - a violent rotating column of air extending from a thunderstorm to the ground; a person or thing characterized by violent or devastating action or emotion:
Torque - a force that tends to cause rotation
Tremor - an involuntary quivering movement; a slight earthquake
Twilight - the soft glowing light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon; obscurity, ambiguity, or gradual decline

Undo - unfasten, untie, or loosen; cancel or reverse effects or results; cause the downfall or ruin of
Unity - being united or joined as a whole; oneness
Urge - try earnestly or persistently to persuade someone to do something; a strong desire or impulse
Usurper - someone who takes another person's title or position by force or without legal right
Utopia - an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect; paradise

Vagabond - a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job
Vague - uncertain, indefinite, unclear
Valiant - possessing or showing courage or determination
Valkyrie/Valkyrja – from Norse mythology, Odin's twelve handmaids who conducted the slain warriors of their choice from the battlefield to Valhalla; lit. ‘chooser of the slain’
Valour - great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle
Valraven – a supernatural ‘raven of the slain’, appearing in 19[SUP]th[/SUP] century Danish folk songs
Vanity - excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements
Vega - a star in the constellation Lyra; a character from the Street Fighter game
Velocity - rapidity of motion or operation; swiftness; speed
Velvet - a soft fabric having a smooth, dense pile and a plain underside; Something suggesting the smooth surface of velvet
Vendetta - long and violent argument between people or families; a feud
Venom - a poisonous substance secreted by animals such as snakes, spiders, and scorpions; extreme malice and bitterness shown in someone's attitudes, speech, or actions
Verily – definitely, certainly, undoubtedly
Vertigo - a sensation of whirling and loss of balance, associated particularly with looking down from a great height
Vesper – the evening star, evening prayer, evening
Vex - to irritate, bother, or frustrate
Vice - immoral or wicked behaviour or habits
Vie - compete eagerly with someone in order to do or achieve something
Voltage - the force of an electrical current that is measured in volts

Wade - to walk with the feet immersed in water
Warrior - a brave or experienced soldier or fighter
Watt/Watts – a unit of electrical power
Whisper – to speak very quietly
Winter – the coldest season of the year
Wisdom - the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise
Woe – sorrow of grief
Wraith – a ghost, phantom
Wyvern – a lesser dragon

Xenon - a gaseous element used in electric lights
Xiphoid – sword-like, sword shaped

Yore - of long ago or former times

Zenith – the pinnacle, the high point
Zephyr - a soft gentle breeze
Zero - no quantity or number; nought; the figure 0:
Zest - great enthusiasm and energy; the outer coloured part of the peel of citrus fruit
Zippo - an iconic brand of cigarette lighters; a Charmander appearing in the Pokémon anime during the Indigo Plateau Conference

(Sorry I couldn't format it any better, I spent hours converting it from the table I had into spaced columns but it all vanished in the preview!)

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Just a heads up

Hello everyone,

This isn't a rant, although regarding the shenanigan I have been put through the last couple of days it makes me want to rant.

As you know, Smyths are distributing the Shiny Yveltal over here in the UK until the 19th September. I went over to my local store and was informed at the time that they didn't have any codes. So, lesson learned, I opted to call them instead. After 4 attempts at getting through to them via phone I called a different branch only to find out that they are "being told not to distribute the codes even though they have them as it expired on the 15th" (this being the branch I rang not the branch I had issues getting through to, they said they couldn't find out about the branch I tried to get through to).

Does this mean that the event ran out on the day they told me instead of the day that the event allegedly ended on the website? I am in a kerfuffle!

KillerDraco

That's, uh, nice and whatnot, but it's not really something that needs a thread made for it.

Vini310

"Pokémon should be like Fallout 4..."

Seriously?
I was hearing a Pokémon music when I suddently saw the comments and one of them, oh my Arceus!
(S)He said that Pokémon must have a "greater story" just like Fallout 4 and that, without this "upgrade", Pokémon is just a average RPG (in other words, nothing special).
The saddest part is that many people on the Pokémon fanbase thinks like this. I lost the counts of how many times I heard/read someone saying"Pokémon should be more adult", "Pokémon should be like GTA", "Ash must f*ck some girl RIGHT NOW!" and other bizarre/nonsense things.
BTW, if you want Pokémon Hentai, Google is your friend.
But WHY? Why some Pokémon fans want to transform the official material in something that is not Pokémon? Do you want a "Pokémon Shippuden"?
NOTE: there's a difference on making a Pokémon fanfiction and try to transform such fanfiction in something official.

Lunala

Banned
Because different people have different taste. Opinions and such. Some of them are trolls.

BTW, regarding Google and the Pokemon hentai, I'll pass.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
... The hell is this?

Also, who gave you the right to dictate what Pokemon is and isn't? Not that I agree with Pokemon Fallout Version, but we are getting Bottle Caps in Sun/Moon...

ebevan91

Lol what? Fallout 4's story was horrible.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I've always found the whole "Pokémon should be more adult and more like X game!" thing pretty stupid as well, but the best thing to do is just ignore it.

Or argue against them, whichever comes first.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Uhh yeah this isn't really a great start for a thread. If you want to express dissatisfaction with these views there's a thread for that here, but keep the "hentai" stuff out please.

DatsRight

If You Could Alter One Thing About A Pokemon...

Simple question, we all have Pokemon that borders as our favourite, but sometimes there's one major nitpick that prevents them being on the top of your team.

Is there any element of a Pokemon you'd love to change, be it design, type, attacks or ability?

In hindsight I'm not sure if this belongs in Create/Rename Anything thread or not.

Last edited:

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
type changes:

nix poison for gengar. As the original ghost, it shouldn't be weak to the type ghost was meant to counter. Also, what is with that weird mega? But it's still one of my favorites. ^_^ If it got an alola form, I would want it to be part fairy...(because it's precious)

fairy for dragonite? I mean really. And it looks like we're not getting an alola form either for it, which would've been a perfect opportunity... :( but still love it too.

I feel like darkrai should have a secondary typing... either ghost or psychic

fairy for mew?

nix fairy for cottonee line and give it to lilligant line. Also why is snubbul line fairy?

dragon for charizard. I know there's a mega, but still... sometimes I feel they should introduce third types.

Design changes:

the ears on noivern... I know sound is sort of its thing, but they look really ugly

shiny coloring on dragonite (and a number of other dragons, for that matter) to not be that weird green. Espeon too. a light blue/blue-lavender would have been nice. And shiny rapidash's mane should stay blue like ponyta's is.

I didn't really like sylveon's design. I feel a design something like espeon would've been better for fairy eevee. Just look at the gym leader--she looks like she would totally match an espeon.

I'm sure I could come up with other things, but that's it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.