• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute

Kawaii for life~ x
Yes there are a lot, but still it takes quite a dedicated person to catch them all ;) plus I find that most gen five pokemon are pretty sweet!

Karzon

The Noobish Breeder
Ask again in like 20 years when we are breaking 2k pokemon.

While I strongly prefer the first two gens, there's still some nice stuff in the rest. I do wonder how long it's going to go on though before the mold really gets broken.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
They should at least add 1 more Pokemon to make an even 650...

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
The imbalance in Pokmon types is purposly made so that on Route 1, or something, you don't catch a Dragon type as your second Pokemon. It also shows how powerful they actually are. There is possibly around 20 different Dragon types, but they are VERY strong. Grass is weaker, but there are a lot more of them. The in between types always never have the most, but never the least.

It's a good number, still not enough though.
I completed my boxdex in less than two months so yeah =/

I wonder if the people who think that they should've stayed with the original 151/251 pokemon would still like the games. They'd have all the same pokemon over and over again, for 13 years, without any new ones....

Flame Mistress

Current number of pokemon = WTF. Do you really expect someone to go through all their older games to complete the National Pokedex? 649 is near impossible. By the time the next generation comes out, there would be around 750-800 pokemon.

Im fine with 649 pokemon in 5 generations of games. But I also think they could do some good by only introducing 50-80 pokemon per game now because we really dont need anymore luvdiscs and the like right? just keep adding more pokemon that are viable in both the contests and battles and il be happy.

SnowyPiplup

Aren't I ADORABLE?
They should add either 1 or 51 more to make it an even 650 or 700...but if you think about it, 649's fine because think of how long Pokemon's been around; over 10 years. Sheesh, wouldn't it get boring if there was only the same 151/251 Pokemon roaming around? Think about it. Though I think Unova should be the last region...

Darkmega354

I like the number of Pokemon, and I want it to keep growing. There are just too few Pokemon and so many type imbalances in the first two generations. Plus, it would get really boring after a while, playing with the same Pokemon.

I also like that GF did a good job balancing the types in B/W, even if the designs of the new Pokemon aren't all amazing.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I like the total amount of pokemon, but more would be better so we won't always see people with at least one of the same pokemon in every team
ex for now most competitive players now probably either a have a ferrothorn, probably a shell smasher, Terakoin family, a Hydreigon, or a Volcorona

Haunter ゴースト

I just wish they'd stop undating classic pokemon.

Tangela, Aipom, Lickitung, Magneton, Rhydon, ALL should have stayed untouched.

This is too right, Magmortar and Electivire too.

I think game freak learnt this lesson in Gen V, thank god for that.

I couldn't take anymore decent pokemon being demolished with a new design.

BattleFanatic14

This isn't quite as much a "facepalm" moment as an "utter tragedy" moment. Tears are actually starting to well up in my eyes just thinking about it...

All right, so I was at the Battle Hall in Platinum, and was using my Empoleon. I had gotten over 80 straight wins, by FAR the best I'd ever done. So I get ready for my next opponent...

and they send out a Shedinja. My Empoleon had NO MOVES that are super effective against a Shedinja, so I had to watch it defeat me ever so slowly and painfully...

I threw my DS on the floor and bawled my eyes out, I'm not afraid to admit. I knew I'd never get anywhere near that far again...

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
I can't see it ending until sales drop, so can see there being 2000 at some point. So no more Pokemon looking like Happiny or Roggenrola and we're happy.

Pokemon4you

Meh i dont really care but i do miss the slots and pokemon tower though

Sea Swampert

being piratey
I like having the variety to be honest. If you think about the real word there are loads of different species so it really just falls in line with how the real world is.

Status
Not open for further replies.